Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The Jeffery Pad - Coral Homes - QLD

Page 16 of 41
bribiebell
Well couldnt help myself took a spin past the block this arvo. Bricks started and plasterboard inside all roof and most bedrooms.

Wowzers!!! Lol you are in front! Looking great

fleabee86
bribiebell
Well couldnt help myself took a spin past the block this arvo. Bricks started and plasterboard inside all roof and most bedrooms.

Wowzers!!! Lol you are in front! Looking great

Amazing what they nailed in 1 day!!

em-n-craig
bribiebell
em-n-craig
Looking great.....gotta be happy with all that done in a day

We sure are...but one thing the roof insulation is still rolled up. When did they do yours and how can you tell if its all the way in to edges etc??

Ours hasn't been done yet. We don't have a loft access hatch either, will ask when it's due to be done and will let you know.

Just got word back from mitch the insulation goes down after down lights etc ...sounds like a fob off but as long as its done properly i dont really care. Also we noticed our post brackets for front portico and back patio which will be bricked around are already rusting. He tells hubby Coral have used them for years with no issues but we sprayed them with a rust protection on the weekend anyway and Mitch just emailed and said he will get brickies to hit them again. Did you notcied your ones??

bribiebell
em-n-craig
bribiebell
[quote="em-n-craig"]Looking great.....gotta be happy with all that done in a day

We sure are...but one thing the roof insulation is still rolled up. When did they do yours and how can you tell if its all the way in to edges etc??

Ours hasn't been done yet. We don't have a loft access hatch either, will ask when it's due to be done and will let you know.

Just got word back from mitch the insulation goes down after down lights etc ...sounds like a fob off but as long as its done properly i dont really care. Also we noticed our post brackets for front portico and back patio which will be bricked around are already rusting. He tells hubby Coral have used them for years with no issues but we sprayed them with a rust protection on the weekend anyway and Mitch just emailed and said he will get brickies to hit them again. Did you notcied your ones??

[/quote]

Guess that makes sense, they would probably drill into the insulation and make a mess, I'm sure it will be fine. Can't say I noticed any rust on our brackets, but then I didn't really pay any attention to them. Once they are bricked they would be pretty well insulated and as it's surface rust it will be fine now they have been treated.

So we couldn't help ourselves had to do a drive by this afternoon. Wall sheets are now all done and we really got a good feel for room sizes. It was such an exciting feeling!! Brickies also worked the back side and patio area... promise no more visits until Sunday!!!

Lol that's like me not going till Friday 🤣 love seeing everyone's progress pics

bribiebell
So we couldn't help ourselves had to do a drive by this afternoon. Wall sheets are now all done and we really got a good feel for room sizes. It was such an exciting feeling!! Brickies also worked the back side and patio area... promise no more visits until Sunday!!!

Looking good and bet you're back there tomorrow

Holy moly, I am always surprised at how quick your place is flying!! At this rate when you go back on Sunday, you'll be ready to move in

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
charlibear
Holy moly, I am always surprised at how quick your place is flying!! At this rate when you go back on Sunday, you'll be ready to move in

Haha I wish....finding it really hard to think about anything else but the house at the moment lol

So I did some online shopping yesterday. Curtain wonderland are having a massive sale for June my curtains I went in to buy a couple of week ago for $80 (so $160 per window) are on a sale for $40 ($80 per window) this month. Plus if your an Decor club member you get 5% off and postage was free. Glad the lady at the shop gave me the heads up before I made the purchase 2 weeks ago!!

OMG!! Your house is looking amazing and is going up so fast!

This is my vanity light. I have put them in both bathrooms and the powder room. I went for cost rather than look. Though this doesn't look too bad. Vanity lights arent something I really take notice of. I couldn't remember what sort we had in our last house and then realised we didn't have any - we used 2 downlights lol.

https://www.jdlighting.com.au/cougar-li ... light.html
bribiebell
So I did some online shopping yesterday. Curtain wonderland are having a massive sale for June my curtains I went in to buy a couple of week ago for $80 (so $160 per window) are on a sale for $40 ($80 per window) this month. Plus if your an Decor club member you get 5% off and postage was free. Glad the lady at the shop gave me the heads up before I made the purchase 2 weeks ago!!

That is a great special! We went to spotlight and got some blinds the other day. I had a $40 voucher from the catalogue and they had 50% off some blinds. I got 5 blinds for $125 and the original price would have been around $300. We just have to get our curtains and curtain rods for our bedroom and a curtain rod for our spare room. We want to get shutters for the media room windows but that can wait.
Tamara1975
bribiebell

That is a great special! We went to spotlight and got some blinds the other day. I had a $40 voucher from the catalogue and they had 50% off some blinds. I got 5 blinds for $125 and the original price would have been around $300. We just have to get our curtains and curtain rods for our bedroom and a curtain rod for our spare room. We want to get shutters for the media room windows but that can wait.

I went for rods from kmart $29 ea and adjustable. $22 for shorter ones

I still need to do blinds which hubby will do as he has his own shade business. He does shades blinds and awnings. Internal and external

bribiebell
Tamara1975
bribiebell

I went for rods from kmart $29 ea and adjustable. $22 for shorter ones

That is a good price. Are they strong and sturdy? I bought cheap ones a while back and they sagged from the weight of the curtains.
bribiebell
I still need to do blinds which hubby will do as he has his own shade business. He does shades blinds and awnings. Internal and external

That will come in handy!
Yeh they feel solid and i actually brought them from a recommendation from a friend who had them in her old house for years.

Oh dear...went out to the block today lol... the shed was delivered ready to go up late next week. The bricks are looking fantastic they got so much done today and the walls and roof have been plastered between joins

bribiebell
Oh dear...went out to the block today lol... the shed was delivered ready to go up late next week. The bricks are looking fantastic they got so much done today and the walls and roof have been plastered between joins

How exciting! Ours is due to be delivered on Monday
Haha when I read the oh dear part I thought something was wrong

I just had a look at curtain wonderland and I am just losing my mind over the pineapple cushions
hubby is giving those wtf look
he can suck it

At first my thing was pendants now it's cushions, I seriously cannot get enough, should have just built a house out of cushions

Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum