Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building an Aegean230 with Mainvue.

Page 16 of 20
Lock up Invoice - my builder sent it the day plaster went up and still to give photos of rectification work hidden behind plaster.
pEast
Lock up Invoice - my builder sent it the day plaster went up and still to give photos of rectification work hidden behind plaster.

Wow that’s quick. For us no invoice yet but plaster is all up, cabinets in, stairs in, doors on, window frames done, tiles done and external cladding going on so we’ll be expecting it shortly.

firsttime_homies1401
pEast

Wow that’s quick. For us no invoice yet but plaster is all up, cabinets in, stairs in, doors on, window frames done, tiles done and external cladding going on so we’ll be expecting it shortly.

When all this work is done I will receive the fixing invoice
firsttime_homies1401
Woohoo! Pivot Door is in and it’s huge. Will make moving big items into the house a bit easier.

Inside view of the entrance.

Upstairs ensuite cabinetry

Double door entrance to the master

Cavity doors to the theatre

Poor kids couldn’t see their rooms as all the internal doors have been installed and are locked.

What is that mark on door

pEast
firsttime_homies1401
Woohoo! Pivot Door is in and it’s huge. Will make moving big items into the house a bit easier.

Poor kids couldn’t see their rooms as all the internal doors have been installed and are locked.

SS said that’s where the lock is going to go. We made sure with admin and SS to put the handle and lock where we want as I’ve seen some doors where the handle is way to high.

firsttime_homies1401
pEast
firsttime_homies1401

SS said that’s where the lock is going to go. We made sure with admin and SS to put the handle and lock where we want as I’ve seen some doors where the handle is way to high.

Good point and I will also check this cos have seen in my estate some handle and the lock at different spots that is they don’t align
Tradies working the weekend again woohoo.
Ocean Foam island bench with fall:

Undermount sink for the island and butler:

Ensuite sinks (love them):

Powder sink:

firsttime_homies1401
Tradies working the weekend again woohoo.
Ocean Foam island bench with fall:

Undermount sink for the island and butler:

Ensuite sinks (love them):

Powder sink:

That’s good progress and all coming along nicely with the tiles in ensuite.
Great work tilers, got them to tile that little section where the bulkhead is (colours and admin said it couldn’t be done).

Feature tile for the downstairs powder.

Ensuite shower done.

firsttime_homies1401
Great work tilers, got them to tile that little section where the bulkhead is (colours and admin said it couldn’t be done).

Ensuite shower done.

That’s a nice bonus - yes it looks much better with tile rather than plaster
pEast
firsttime_homies1401

Ensuite shower done.

That’s a nice bonus - yes it looks much better with tile rather than plaster

Exactly PE,
The excuse from colours and admin were that there’s not enough bracing for the weight of the tiles but checking at frame stage there was a lot of noggins and support in that area. Tilers said there shouldn’t be any issues as we’ve only chosen 400 x 400 tiles any bigger than it may be too heavy.

Tiling looks amazing Firsttime - you must be thrilled.
Rachael13
Tiling looks amazing Firsttime - you must be thrilled.

Thanks Rachael, super happy with the tilers. They rung me when they weren’t sure of something and were really approachable. I did tell one of them off for smoking in the house
Your home (not a house anymore) is looking amazing. Hope you were able to find a place for your couches with the limited space you have left in the rental.

Hate being locked out of the house. Feel like a thief trying to open doors/windows and peering in through the gaps in the goop.
Through the front door:

From the stackers:

Stairs through the laundry door:

firsttime_homies1401
Hate being locked out of the house. Feel like a thief trying to open doors/windows and peering in through the gaps in the goop.
Through the front door:

From the stackers:

LOL Firstime - you have joined the rest of us stalkers, that once lock up hits we become peeping toms. House is flying along and is looking amazing.

Don't you just love the size of the kitchen island - remind me what colours you have for your island base and stone. Just love the dark bench and light stone
Rachael13
firsttime_homies1401
Through the front door:

From the stackers:

LOL Firstime - you have joined the rest of us stalkers, that once lock up hits we become peeping toms. House is flying along and is looking amazing.

Don't you just love the size of the kitchen island - remind me what colours you have for your island base and stone. Just love the dark bench and light stone

We were locked out a while ago but the upstairs living window hadn’t been fitted yet so that was our way in. Now it’s been replaced we’re stuck outside.
That island is one of the things that sold us on the Aegean. We had to have a join in the rear bench but you’d know that already as the bench is over 3m long.
Thanks for your kind comments, the bench is burnished wood and the stone is ocean foam. We’re looking at a dark grey floor laminate similar to the dusty oak colour in the Henley range.

firsttime_homies1401
Through the front door:

From the stackers:

Wow - it looks like almost complete - painting and all done - so what’s remaining on the the to do list - just the builder’s clean
firsttime_homies1401
Rachael13
firsttime_homies1401
Through the front door:

From the stackers:

We were locked out a while ago but the upstairs living window hadn’t been fitted yet so that was our way in. Now it’s been replaced we’re stuck outside.
That island is one of the things that sold us on the Aegean. We had to have a join in the rear bench but you’d know that already as the bench is over 3m long.
Thanks for your kind comments, the bench is burnished wood and the stone is ocean foam. We’re looking at a dark grey floor laminate similar to the dusty oak colour in the Henley range.

No wonder that I love the bench - mine is Burnished wood with Osprey stone Yeah that rear bench does have a join but it was hard for us to find it as our back bench is Urban.
firsttime_homies1401
Through the front door:

From the stackers:

Hi Firsttime

Did you get photos of the areas they covered with waterproofing- did they waterproof shower on ground floor and any part of butlers pantry / laundry
It should be standard to install cement sheet underlay on top of timber/chipboard before tiling the floor

http://www.beaumont-tiles.com.au/Tile-D ... r-Surfaces

I'm not sure it's legal without underlay but it is a very important.

Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum