Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our New Home in Gippsland - almost complete

Page 16 of 20
Yay for tradies working on a weekend...
So much work done today. Plumbing almost complete. Taps installed, basins and toilets. Electrical almost done, fans, lights, smoke detectors, switches and power points. Hand rails and toilet roll holders installed and door stops and door handles.

A few things we aren't happy with. Firstly, I didn't take a photo but the gaps in the bricks have been filled with clear silicon and they look pretty crap. We will be speaking to the builder about that. We stupidly assumed we were getting downlights but we have light points. Also, I don't love our vanities so I will be changing them and getting downlights installed.

That's a shame you're disappointed with a few things AJB
. What's the process like for you to change the vanities? Will you have to pay for new ones? I do like your pendants!
I couldn't believe downlights weren't standard. We had to upgrade 20 for 2.5k which I thought was crazy, so hopefully you will save money getting it re done post handover.
Everything else looks great though from the photos

Thanks Cassie. We will probably live with the vanities and see if we get used to them. We know an electrician who can change the lights for us. I think the pendant looks ok too. I think with black stools and our black wood heater they should tie in together.

Wow! you truly overtook and miles ahead of me AJB... looking fantastic.. the light globes will have a shade to cover them I guess...
Fitoff really shows the things that you overlooked. :/ we've had a few finer details that aren't exactly how we imagined either but it turns into the 'well I suppose that'll do' house.

Wow! So much has happened. Sorry about your lights. It is a bummer that downlights are not included as standard. We did upgrade to downlights and asked them to put back the standard light points which we plan to change to pendants after handover.

Building Simonds Prague in QLD
Floors!

I really like the colour. I think I got one thing finally right. Although I'm not sure how it goes with the tiles but it will look different when clean.

I haven't given notice on our rental yet. I kind of want a couple weeks to move and clean up but I don't want to be paying rent longer than needed. The builder hasn't told us anything. The supervisor rang my husband yesterday to check if he had completed the drainage stuff and he hasn't. He needs to finish it and get it inspected before we can get a certificate of occupancy. The supervisor said they were only a few days from finishing! We still need shower screens, mirrors, our walk in robe fitted out, carpet, some power points aren't finished, hot water service and cleaning. My husband will be working hard at our house on Friday and over the weekend. I'd be pretty mad if he held us up moving in.

Is anyone getting their grout sealed before they move in?

Looks great. I bought a sprqay tin of sealer today. Just to do the toilet. Plan on doing it after the tiles are cleaned.

Wow Rach that looks amazing ! Sorry to hear of a few issues but should all be fixable
Cant wait to check it out 😁

Very nice floors AJB!

Kitchen pendant looks very nice...
Thanks Craig, Horse, Reg and Kat. I decided to give notice for our rental. The builder hasn't told us anything new other than it's a few days away. I have told the agent we will be out by the 20th of March which hopefully will give us a couple of weeks to move and clean up.

I'm currently getting house insurance quotes.

AJB
Thanks Craig, Horse, Reg and Kat. I decided to give notice for our rental. The builder hasn't told us anything new other than it's a few days away. I have told the agent we will be out by the 20th of March which hopefully will give us a couple of weeks to move and clean up.

I'm currently getting house insurance quotes.

I am on the same boat AJB... I want to give notice but not sure whether it is time...
Lol same. Our builder has said pci will be next week??? So have to figure out dates like handover and move and notice. Argh.

Not much done today that I could see. Fly screens were installed on windows and sliding doors. And my husband has started the storm water hook ups and septic agi lines this afternoon.

We might sneak in and sleep if it's not ready by the time our lease is up. (Only joking)

Hot water service was installed yesterday but I didn't notice it.

Carpet today.

I just realised I only took 1 photo!

Craig. I'm assuming our PCI will be next week but nobody has told us anything. There isn't much left to do.

Electrician has a bit to finish.
Mirrors and showers
Roller door
Our walk in robe (I think they were waiting for the carpet before installing it).

Appliances need to be installed and garage door and cleaning.

We still don't have a date!!! Our builder is always so vague.

He says the building inspector will be there this week.

It's hard to organise time off work for a PCI without notice.

Almost there AJB!
i think i am a week behind you. Love your wir

your ensuite looks fantastic... lol my builder is the same...the tradies are working hard and everyday but not committing a date...
Related
22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

19/08/2023
New home

Building A New House

Skjm You might want to watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKx-bsOr2jg If that link doesn't work go to youtube and search for Zac Homes ACA I am really…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum