Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

JG King Hartwell - Melbourne western suburbs

Page 16 of 17
Good that they were there bummer you were lockout if the brickies cant let you in surely your ss can.
I had a small stroke of luck!

The bricklayers weren't working on our build today. They were, however, working on a nearby JG King build (a much newer one than mine - go figure!). They were kind enough to open the house for me.

The bricklayer also told me that he has a day left of work on ours and that it should be finished soon

I still don't think that we will be in the house before Christmas. There is just so much work to do, and JG King don't exactly have a track record of commitment to our build.

JG King are really pushing to handover in early December (with practical completion in late November). Unfortunately if we miss early December, handover won't happen until late January

Pretty much everything has been booked to happen before the end of november (including flyscreens, shower screens, flooring etc).

Brickwork should be finished by Tuesday - they had to stop work on our build because the garage lintel had to be installed and the fascia wasn't straight.

Like everyone else, the gas connection is bit of a waiting game. It's been requested, so fingers crossed it gets done before early December.

I'm not convinced that we will get there TBH. But, nonetheless, I need to get a move on with planning for our post-handover tasks (just in case)!

My fingers are crossed for you
The bricks are done (except for two brick window reveals).

I previously told our construction manager that I wanted to keep the leftover bricks. I didn't realise that there would be six leftover pallets!

I'll have to decide how many I want to keep haha

Hahaha its great to hear a positive about having all your left over bricks especially after how long it took you to get a brickie on site

Love hearing some more energy for your build, really happy for you

So glad to finally hear some good news for you guys
. I'm thinking an outdoor pizza oven could be a great use for all of your bricks

I believe there is a new manager at JG King Melbourne. So I think you might just make it in before Christmas.

The site is a mess but will be cleaned soon and it looks like our eaves installed this week!

Great to have some good progress fingers crossed for before christmas.
The bricks were finished earlier this week.

No eaves or render yet but I'm hoping soon. Some work inside though

We also mowed the lawn (which was nearly two foot high), moved two pallets of leftover bricks and sneakily ran some cable for our security system.

On another note one of our neighbours is being a complete pain in the backside. They moved into their house about 3-4 weeks ago and haven't organised the dividing fence between our properties. We had previously agreed on a fencer, so I got a quote from the fencer (so we could get the fence done before Christmas) and sent it to the neighbour.

The neighbour responded that they got a quote from the same fencer a month ago which was $40 cheaper (which obviously they didn't accept or communicate to us). And, they want me to go back to the fencer and ask for the lesser amount. I told them to go back to the fencer if they are so concerned.

Given that they had the opportunity to arrange the fence and didn't, I think they should just accept the slightly more expensive quote and get it done. It's less than the cost of a slab of beer between us!

Gah, people suck sometimes.

Glad the bricks are done and hipefully progress continues.

That sounds like fun with the nieghbour sounds like an argument about not much, hopefully they come to the party soon.
surtees
Glad the bricks are done and hipefully progress continues.

That sounds like fun with the nieghbour sounds like an argument about not much, hopefully they come to the party soon.

Progress is certainly continuing. Eaves were done yesterday and electrical is underway

It's not even an argument, it's just them being lazy and cheap (and annoying me in the process).

Hope today went well with the supervisor

Thats good to hear that progress is continuing.

Ome thing I'm gld of is that fences are included in our estate.

Yes today went as well as can be with our SS. Just bring myself to write an update.
We have definitely had one of the more productive weeks on our build:
- eaves and in fills installed
- bricks cleaned
- downpipes installed
- electricals mostly done
- plumbing mostly done

Here are our cleaned bricks (featuring our new downpipes):

Still to be done before handover:
- render
- painting finalisation and touch-up
- flyscreens
- shelving for cupboards and robes
- flooring
- garage door
- concreting of driveway, path, alfresco and front porch
- door furniture

Fingers crossed!

Thats fantastic jaslee! You must be feeling excited with all the things getting done! When does your contract end? You like us must be getting close.?
Your bricks have come up great. Are they barwon bricks still?
Our ss told us that the cupboard installation feels like it takes forever and everything else pn your list looks pretty simple except render so fingers crossed they move fast and your in for christmas

Great progress hope it continoues.
We won't be in before Christmas.

That suck we know how disappointed you must be.
What is the hold up?
So many things - mainly due to the fact that the admin department are useless. They have no ******* idea how to do their jobs :/

Our poor supervisor has been working off the wrong plans for months, and they never bothered to check.

Related
6/07/2023
CUSTOM BUILDER RECOMMENDATIONS WESTERN MELBOURNE

Building A New House

Hello, we can help you please get in contact 0421019219 thank you

13/09/2023
InForm SE Suburbs Melbourne

Building A New House

Thanks for your reply! We're definitely not after a small house > Might still have a chat to them. Who did you end up building with if you don't mind me asking?

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum