Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building our new Amalfi 532

Page 16 of 18
Hey Elite, despite the setbacks you've had, everything looks really nice.
I'm so impressed with how organised you are for post handover!
We are finally getting our driveway next week....or so he promises (again
)

camma18
Good to hear Elite. It's a shame they couldn't get it right the first time, but at least they have done the right thing and fixed it.

Have you got any photos of the original job they did with the tiles?

Sure do..

This is just a couple of examples..

This is when they replaced crooked tiles and decided to use the right grout colour with the old colour. You can see 2 different colour grouting

Saint Girl
Hey Elite, despite the setbacks you've had, everything looks really nice.
I'm so impressed with how organised you are for post handover!
We are finally getting our driveway next week....or so he promises (again
)

Haha we just want everything to be done super quick. That's awesome you're finally going to have a

I've picked those exact tiles for my bathroom and ensuite feature wall. Fingers crossed I don't come across the same issue... Well done on the upgrade though, worked out well

Let's hope they do a better job for you. They couldn't get it right after 2 attempts..
These were the tiles we re selected to tie in with our ensuite tiles

Elite01
camma18
Good to hear Elite. It's a shame they couldn't get it right the first time, but at least they have done the right thing and fixed it.

Have you got any photos of the original job they did with the tiles?

Sure do..

This is just a couple of examples..

This is when they replaced crooked tiles and decided to use the right grout colour with the old colour. You can see 2 different colour grouting

I can see why they chucked in the towel on using those tiles. That looks like a shocking job they've done. Glad they agreed to replace the tiles for you.

How's it all coming along? Have you got your NHP sorted out now?

Nhp tomorrow guys!

Did you pick off white mortar?

Elite01
Nhp tomorrow guys!

Good Luck!!

Finally! Good luck today Elite, hopefully this will be the end of it for you. The house is looking awesome!

How did it go today Elite?

Unfortunately not to plan
.. There are quite a few things that need to be addressed before we get the keys. There were problems that were found on previous darbecca inspections that hadn't been fixed plus quite a few more defects. Still don't have a date for keys
They were applying for occupancy today so fingers crossed we can get the certificate.
We have had our concreting done though!

Absolutely gorgeous! The driveway has come up great and really finishes it off. You must be so happy with jt

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Concrete looks great! It's a shame you had so many defects, but hopefully they'll work through them pretty quickly and you can get in there ASAP.

What were some of the big ticket items that needed fixing?

What did darbecca pick up?

Looks really good Elite! Hope you get your keys soon.
Great that you were allowed to put your driveway in before handover too.

It looks gorgeous elite. Love the driveway

Mainvue Amalfi 530 - Our First build
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81745
I absolutely love your facade and colours, great choices!
Hope they resolve your issues soon.
Your house is beautiful!

Thanks guys!

Just received our occupancy certificate! The bank is going in to do valuation on Wednesday so we are hoping to get keys very soon after!!

Related
22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum