Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Aveley-Dale Alcock - Moving In :)

Page 16 of 18
FP love the way everything comes down to a bottle of wine, it's so true!

Treeseachanger
like my last build, I even wrote notes for prestart meeting
and abandoned them after the first hour...thinking I would remember, doh!!!

I guess even with notes you can't plan for everything.
It's the obvious things I managed to miss.

We have confirmed PCI on Friday! Woohoo.
I have had to go away with work for two weeks, back on Friday until Monday and then away again for a week, so I had to cancel 05/03. I thought we would have to put it back until I returned bit CLO spoke to SS and they can do Friday afternoon when I get back this week.
I'm still waiting on a few things but hopefully will be sorted out this week:
Laundry tiles, DA have now agreed to put the lighter coloured tiles up even though they tried to convince me that the label was correct and it was just the lighting. Mmmm don't agree but still, it's sorted now.
Replace incorrect shower heads.
Still waiting for comments on incorrect laying of floor tiles.

They said this week that the painter would be finished, carpets laid, door furniture completed and clean done.

I asked about the shower door and if we could change it at this late stage for the frameless. We could have done but they quoted $3k! Erm...... We will stick with the shower door!

Powder room

Ensuite

Hallway and "my hole" at the end!

We did some window shopping on the weekend and was close to a Trevor carpets so checked out my colour again. I'm happy I think it will match lovely with the tiles

The bathroom with the grouting redone

Looks far better than it did with the wrong grout colour

Alfresco paving

Driveway

I can't wait for the site to be clean and we can actually see the house without a loo. Seems odd that we couldn't wait for the loo to arrive at first and now I can't wait for it to disappear!

Grout looks much better all looking good now
Those tiles look 100% better! Sounds like a busy week getting everything done for this Friday. You could be in before us at this rate!
looks great, good luck for Friday.
fancy pants
Those tiles look 100% better! Sounds like a busy week getting everything done for this Friday. You could be in before us at this rate!

The tiles really do, a lot happier now.

I think we have been fortunate that we have been able to pick up many of the mistakes and problems as and when they have arisen so it's given them chance to get fixed during the build rather than wait for PCI. If we had to wait I dread to think how long it would take to fix them all.

We brought up the problem with the front pavers not being straight and next day they took them up and relaid them, they are tonnes better now.
We had a very specific reason for having to be in so hopefully not too long now although it's still over what we needed and taken some of the "shine" off it. Ideally rushed is not what we wanted.
I'll be going over everything with a fine tooth comb!
In fairness to DA after the initial long delays they have pulled their socks up and really sorted it out for us.
Amazing!! PCI so soon, that's fantastic! Photos are looking great!! I know the feeling about the loo - yuk I am so glad ours is gone!
Grout looks so much better now! I love all that glass overlooking the alfresco! You are almost there! You, FP and TB all finishing so close to eachother! Its a good month for DA on this forum. All the best for PCI.
PCI done, key handover 2 weeks today. Nothing major, touching up paint mainly and messy finishes. Not impressed by the tiling finish, so a lot to tidy up there, aircon panel has been patched up and not there, aircon vent in the main bedroom hasn't been connected to anything (can see the roof through it)
Relaying of the alfresco pavers (so uneven and rushed job)
Not replaced the shower heads, miscommunication between SS and CLO, but easy fix.
My main disappointment has nothing to do with dale Alcock.
We have white cabinets in the kitchen and with the reflection off the floor on the oven and hob side there is a streak of dirty yellow on them. Open the drawers and it goes, open the ones above it which look ok and it turns to yellow, it's purely a reflection.

Can't cope with that so once we get in they are going to have to get replaced for another contrasting colour. I don't want to replace them all just the ones on the oven / hob part of the kitchen.
In the display home they did have contrasting colours, maybe that's why.
Overall happy, disappointing mistakes and finishing more than anything.

great news congrats
Do you have gloss cupboards? Is that why they are reflective? Disappointing about the finishes, we were the same, but I'm sure it'll be full steam ahead over the next two weeks.

Almost there!
No they are not gloss fancy pants.

I'm really worried what I can replace them with because of the floor tiles and the wall tiles White is the neutral look and split between the two.
It's odd because it's a yellow cast which I am assuming is coming off the floor tiles I can't see what else would cause it to be like that.
Not far off now and hopefully the little things get sorted quickly.

How bizarre. Our white rooms look different with the late afternoon sun coming through the windows (very yellow) when compared to the rest of the day, or is it there regardless of the time of day? Do you have a metallic kick board? Is it reflecting from that?

I hope you can sort something out. It must have been so disappointing to discover.
How many more sleeps
It's finally here, we should be getting the keys tomorrow. It's been a fraught race to the end over the last few days but we should be there.
We are just waiting on the valuation which was done on Monday but the bank have yet to receive it, so they are chasing it up.
We have had the final problems resolved with the floor tiles. We have decided to keep them as they are (hoping I won't regret it). I wasn't happy about taking up certain tiles as I was sure that they would look worse and it's difficult to go from the wrong job to a bad job. In fairness to DA they came up trumps and did the right thing by us.

Anyways, there are a few outstanding things to be done but should all be complete for our handover at 7.30am tomorrow.
What happens with hand over if the money hasn't been transferred by the bank? Do we still have all the meetings etc, sign the paperwork at DA Central tomorrow and then wait until it has and then we get the keys just handed over to us? Or does it cancelled and we re-arrange once the money has been sorted?
Can't wait to get the keys now so that we can do the lighting, curtains / window coverings (to be decided) and start moving things in. New couch arrives on Saturday which is exciting. (not sure what we do if we don't have the keys)
I'm still worried about the kitchen cabinets but hoping that in different lights and different times of the day it goes and that once we have the window coverings up that it does not have the horrible reflection.
I'm excited now and cannot wait to see it all tomorrow, I have managed to stay away so it hold be great when I get there and see the final results.
Good question! We asked about transfer delays with regards to a bank cheque. If we hand over the cheque and they hand over the keys, it might still take a day or so for the cheque to clear. Our CLO said that as long as she had he cheque in her hands the keys are ours. I'm not sure what would happen if the delay was a direct transfer though. Is there any way you can provide proof that the payment is in progress? You could still do PCI tomorrow and then sign off/collect keys on Monday once the final payment has been made?

I'm so glad you're almost there! Isn't it funny how much work still needs to be done once you have those keys? At least now it's just finishing touches. Sometimes staying away is the best thing. I was very impressed with our PCI #2 because DAH had gotten so much done since PCI #1. I'm sure you're going to be absolutely delighted!

And yay for new furniture!!
fancy pants
Do you have gloss cupboards? Is that why they are reflective? Disappointing about the finishes, we were the same, but I'm sure it'll be full steam ahead over the next two weeks.

Almost there!

They are not gloss Fancy Pants
I'm not quite sure what the word is, probably not reflection but more of a colour transfer if that makes sense?

Hope you are as excited about tomorrow as we are, good luck
All the best for tomorrow dawnyc !!!! Hope you have an amazing handover day
Yeah, you must be sooo excited!! Don't forget a checklist, turn on every light and fan, fill every basin etc etc!! I've downloaded one in anticipation of mine...
Related
1/09/2023
Moving a chandelier after it has been mounted

Lighting + Lighting Design

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding moving a chandelier after it has been mounted. The chandelier in question is quite large, measuring 4 meters…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum