Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Time Build: Hickinbotham in the Barossa

Page 16 of 18
zub13
Our cupboards and bench tops have arrived...YAY..... Very happy with the colours thanks goodness!!! The stipple seal looks great in both flat and diamond gloss.

woo hoo sounds great
So glad you're happy with the colours. What a relief!
Our tiles were delivered today...Im happy with those too- I was really worried we got it wrong
Great news they turned out as lovely as you had hoped.
zub13
Our tiles were delivered today...Im happy with those too- I was really worried we got it wrong

woo hoo
Our kitchen is installed, plus the robes, wet area cupboards, pantry etc..... We also had a lady come and measure for blinds etc so now just waiting on the quote....
Fantastic, Zub. Wish we could see it, but I'm sure it's amazing.

Did you see my thread--we have a slab.
yay for joinery being installed.
fingers crossed the quote comes back ok for the window coverings.
Bit of a shock for the blinds etc... over $6k ...Cant afford that much! We only budgeted $3.5k...Was I way off? What have others peoples quotes been like?
Have you tried blindsonline.com.au?

Bit of DIY for the hanging, but they are awesome quality, custom made to fit & the instructions are really simple
I've got anywhere from just under $3,000 to $4,000 and double that if I wanted double roller blinds. We are going to go through online companies. It is cheaper for the double blinds. I'm going to wait to get in as i still don't quite know where I want block out, double with block out and sunscreen or just light filtering.
Ours were more than 3k but less than 4k. i dont remember the exact figure.
We did not get anything for the bathroom, toilet, ensuie or laundry.
We got ours from iseekblinds.com.au they were spose to come today but arent coming til tomorrow.
I compared product to product and as we got 30% off with Spotlight (booked during a sale), the double blinds were a lot cheaper than blinds on line and other online stores. Venetians were dearer so we are doing them ourselves.
Sounds like a good deal, zub.
Spotlight prices are great when they have specials!!
Not sure if the sale is still going but spotlight were offreing 80% off having curtains made.
Thanks, we have curtains and sunsheer rollers in the bedrooms, venetians in the wet areas and double rollers in the living are with panel glides oon the sliding doors. My husband insisted on pelmets :/ so this jacked up the bill from spotlight by just over $1000.

UPDATE: Eaves are being finished today, the essastone bench in the kitchen is done and the sink is in and the tiler will be finished by the end of the day.

All that is left is painting, fittings, paving and stormwater!

I am also please to note that we finally met the lovely hachy and her cute little boys, who will be our 'a few doors down neighbours'!
Please tell us how you like the panel glides when you put them in. I'm trying to work out what to put on a sliding door and don't like any of the options I've looked at so far. Maybe the panels are the way to go.
zub13
Thanks, we have curtains and sunsheer rollers in the bedrooms, venetians in the wet areas and double rollers in the living are with panel glides oon the sliding doors. My husband insisted on pelmets :/ so this jacked up the bill from spotlight by just over $1000.

UPDATE: Eaves are being finished today, the essastone bench in the kitchen is done and the sink is in and the tiler will be finished by the end of the day.

All that is left is painting, fittings, paving and stormwater!

I am also please to note that we finally met the lovely hachy and her cute little boys, who will be our 'a few doors down neighbours'!

was nice to meet face to face

lol, cute but naughty boys.
heard lots of banging and nail guns coming from your place yesterday but when we walked by today there was nobody there.
panel gliders can be a pain, especially cheap ones. the fabric can curl in around the edges of each panel
Related
16/06/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Sadly no movement on site since soak wells went in. There are also missing/wrong storm water drains which need to be sorted, along with a broken pipe. Plumbing has been…

14/06/2024
Advice needed for first time build in Perth

Building A New House

granny can live in the garage. just give her a few extra blankets rofl

6/10/2023
First time building.

General Discussion

Can anyone give me any onfo on New Homes WA? Good or bad, hopefully good just need to know if my choice was good or not? Thanks ❤️

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum