Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Aveling-Harrisdale-White Set complete

Page 16 of 18
You will be locked out in no time now, you'll see
looking good!
Here is a picture of the anticon insulation that was installed. I think the aluminium foil may be actual silver with the price they try charging for it. However hopefully this will help keep the house reasonably cool and reduce the need for air conditioning.

My build: viewtopic.php?t=62001
Looks great! Glad to see they've got things organised and under control
"All systems go"... at last! There may be more delays to come in the building process, but it seems they are catching up quickly. Good stuff
Plasterers are on site today!
2 trucks and a car parked out front, so hopefully a nice size team in there getting through it nice and quickly.
Will call past again tomorrow afternoon after work and take some pictures

Woo Hoo! See - caught up to me already!!
Steaming ahead now!!

jaceb
Here is a picture of the anticon insulation that was installed. I think the aluminium foil may be actual silver with the price they try charging for it. However hopefully this will help keep the house reasonably cool and reduce the need for air conditioning.

Great that they're plowing ahead. Now you've got me worried about the cost of the anticon!!
Believe me, anticon is well worth the price!
Jaceb will you have batts on the ceilings as well?
Treeseachanger
Believe me, anticon is well worth the price!
Jaceb will you have batts on the ceilings as well?

Most definitely. Have R4.1 batts installed above all the ceiling and the garage also.

That's great you won't regret it...especially if your house can take advantage of cooling breezes.
Grey Float completed today!
Only the interior, render to the outside front facade is still to be done. Not too sure whether or not this is being done tomorrow. I would think so though.

No sign of gyprock on site just yet, but I wasn't expecting any this soon either. Ill be happy if ceilings are completed by the end of next week. Still, I'll take any bonus I can get!

a few pictures from today...

And the kitchen, where I just noticed a powerpoint has been plastered over
looks like I'm going treasure hunting!

All in all, really happy with the last weeks progress. Hoping it can continue along like this.
That's quick! And electrical work looks perfect hehe
What a contrast, they've taken off like a Bugatti Super Sport!
(0-60 mph time: 2.4 secs) Great to see
That is fantastic!!
Wow definitely full steam ahead now! It's all looking great. Glad they got their act together and are getting on with it now.
What goes up, must come down!!

I went to site today to go track down that missing power point, and whilst looking around discovered another 4 that had been covered over! Now 1 I can let go, 2 I'd be a little annoyed, but 5!? I can't see how you accidentally don't see 5 boxes with cables in the wall!
This shows 3 of the 5

Then I went off on a little march to check out a few other things... I noticed the corners of my gutters weren't done all that neatly

The 2 left are mine and the 4 right are other jobs. I'm not being too picky here am I?

And this is one of the many non level downpipes.

I don't actually expect these to get fixed, but I mean, if this is the start of the quality I'm going to get, I'm really concerned as to what else I will find along the way!
They also use the best tiler in the industry (sarcasm)
I would definitely email and complain. I would want them to fix that.

Related
30/08/2023
Builder has set mediation with Master Builders GC. Any tips

Renovation + Home Improvement

Thank you so much. This has been very helpful. We definitely wish to settle and get these people out of our life. They are trying to charge us interest on late…

8/07/2023
Variation in white tile colour

Renovation + Home Improvement

Looking for advice on whether this variation in tile colour is acceptable. The large tile on the left was used in my main bathroom renovation 1 year ago. My ensuite…

26/08/2023
Dover white or surfmist garage door

General Discussion

Dover white or surfmist garage door. I am having trouble choosing a garage door. The outside of house will be tranquel retreat. I want it to all blend nicely however I…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum