Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Places Fairhaven 23+ - What we've been up to....

Page 16 of 44
Deemaree
:lol: We have had written confirmation today that our contracted completion date is January 7th-but the builder breaks for Christmas so will have us in before then! I do have images of trying to move Christmas Eve...

Our contract is 167 days iirc, with 10 days of bad weather included and 42 for weekends/other delays. But if we end up at their close for Jan, its automatically extended by another 28 days.

So hopefully we're done ahead of that.
Hey belial nice progress so far! happy to see things running smoothly for you so thats a plus to know!

i just wanted to know if the tradies, SS, etc mind that you are there every day? do they speak to you or tell you not to enter certain areas? like i want to visit my place everyday too when it starts to build but i feel like they will get ** with me or something and i feel bad to do so.. is it easy to just walk through and do as you feel?

edit*
like we were also told that we were not allowed on site while work in progress... actually we were told we could never go unless it is with a site supervisor.. is that a load of bs or what?
Looking good!! Flying along!!

Looks like a massive garage!!!

WoooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooooo for you guys.
REfL3ct
Hey belial nice progress so far! happy to see things running smoothly for you so thats a plus to know!

i just wanted to know if the tradies, SS, etc mind that you are there every day? do they speak to you or tell you not to enter certain areas? like i want to visit my place everyday too when it starts to build but i feel like they will get ** with me or something and i feel bad to do so.. is it easy to just walk through and do as you feel?

edit*
like we were also told that we were not allowed on site while work in progress... actually we were told we could never go unless it is with a site supervisor.. is that a load of bs or what?

Mixed response from the tradies, granos were fine, carpenters havent given me the time of day.
Both sets however i've been outside the fence whilst they are on site, mainly as i don't want to get in their way and the obvious OH&S restrictions. Especially considering the type of work we're currently having done.
I'm not of the opinion that its in my or their interest to enter the site in those conditions.

As to your individual situation check your contract, theres a few threads where this has been discussed already so have a search there is also some interesting material on the consumers victoria site in their building section regarding site access.

Corked

Thanks Corked, garage is 1.3m wider than standard to accommodate the rear roller door, unfortunately it doesnt translate into a wider front door.
So pretty much we'll have space for two cars and then we're planning some shelving and a workbench in the leftover cavity.
As for the progress it really was a shock last night going back over the thread and looking at the dates, i can hardly believe that its only a week tomorrow that i was down freezing my behind off taking hundreds of pics of our slab being poured.
Belial
REfL3ct

edit*

Mixed response from the tradies, granos were fine, carpenters havent given me the time of day.
Both sets however i've been outside the fence whilst they are on site, mainly as i don't want to get in their way and the obvious OH&S restrictions. Especially considering the type of work we're currently having done.
I'm not of the opinion that its in my or their interest to enter the site in those conditions.

As to your individual situation check your contract, theres a few threads where this has been discussed already so have a search there is also some interesting material on the consumers victoria site in their building section regarding site access.

Corked

Thanks Corked, garage is 1.3m wider than standard to accommodate the rear roller door, unfortunately it doesnt translate into a wider front door.
So pretty much we'll have space for two cars and then we're planning some shelving and a workbench in the leftover cavity.
As for the progress it really was a shock last night going back over the thread and looking at the dates, i can hardly believe that its only a week tomorrow that i was down freezing my behind off taking hundreds of pics of our slab being poured.

You and me both Belial!! I was just saying that yesterday. You got your slab laid the day before me and you have a house up (so to speak) and I still have concrete....
sanmark1
You and me both Belial!! I was just saying that yesterday. You got your slab laid the day before me and you have a house up (so to speak) and I still have concrete....

Isn't necessarily that bad, Ideally we expected that we wouldn't have any work completed on the slab until it had at least the weekend to cure, but all seems to be well with it.

In other news, went by tonight in the pouring rain.
Looks like our portico trusses went up before the weather closed in, however much to my dismay i managed to leave the camera at work in my rush to get out the door

So no pics update till tomorrow, oh no
good work belial..... good work. And to think how much we were all looking forward to your new picture update! Lucky for me I have seen your progress going by my block, but imagine all the poor others who arent as fortunate.... you'll have to do better than that ..... 'just kidding'...lol
sanmark1
good work belial..... good work. And to think how much we were all looking forward to your new picture update! Lucky for me I have seen your progress going by my block, but imagine all the poor others who arent as fortunate.... you'll have to do better than that ..... 'just kidding'...lol

Forgive me Sanmark, for I have sinned it has been 24 hours since my last photo posting, so i decided to put up one over in your thread
enjoy http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=22120&start=154
yeah just saw that one - thanks, my browser had a meltdown as it loaded them all .....hahahha
Well time for an update now i have my camera.

Our broken shower waste, which isn't quite in the correct location.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/belial669/4862309855/

And our windows from another angle, this time in the light.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/belial669/4862932742/

Our portico trusses are up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/belial669/4862314291/

Also our posts for the pillars are in, and so the garage lintel is actually supported.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/belial669/4862322153/

And now the trusses are all tied together up top, all the temp bracing inside has come out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/belial669/4862940460/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/belial669/4862318341/

Still, seems we have a little leak in the roof
So hopefully we'll get some tiles to fix that soon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/belial669/4862936614/

And in other news got our base stage invoice today, nice for progress not so much for the increase in the mortgage
Do you think that leak will be much of a problem?
It's a lovely looking frame...

Our roof trusses have been placed on top of the frame ready for tomorrow it looks like...
Your frame looks great, shame about the leaking roof

Must be great to be able to walk through your framed house. I can't wait to be up to this stage.
Janelle

Must be great to be able to walk through your framed house. I can't wait to be up to this stage.

It makes a huge difference, its all a little hard to picture until you get that measure of scale.

Still not too worried about the leak in the roof.... so long as it doesn't get any worse
way back in February standing on the slab felt great but perspective wise it will change for you when the frame happens - and when the plaster goes on - and when the paint is on the walls and again when the floors are in - I think my house keeps growing LOL as it looks bigger with each stage. Good luck Belial.

p.s. keep an eye out as no one knows your house better than you and you may pick up an error early if you are 'stalking' like we were (our front junction boxes and portico light were in the wrong place but we told the builder and they were fixed just after they went in)
Belial
Janelle

It makes a huge difference, its all a little hard to picture until you get that measure of scale.

Still not too worried about the leak in the roof.... so long as it doesn't get any worse

Hi Belial, ur frame looks great. Great pictures. We r also on framing stage at the moment but looks smaller not what we quiet expected.

Hi Flame_on, house ur build going? Ur frame also looking great, am pretty sure it ur plot.
Belial
Janelle

Hi Belial, ur frame looks great. Great pictures. We r also on framing stage at the moment but looks smaller not what we quiet expected.

Hi Flame_on, house ur build going? Ur frame also looking great, am pretty sure it ur plot.
kbudgie
way back in February standing on the slab felt great but perspective wise it will change for you when the frame happens - and when the plaster goes on - and when the paint is on the walls and again when the floors are in - I think my house keeps growing LOL as it looks bigger with each stage. Good luck Belial.

p.s. keep an eye out as no one knows your house better than you and you may pick up an error early if you are 'stalking' like we were (our front junction boxes and portico light were in the wrong place but we told the builder and they were fixed just after they went in)

Thanks guys, yeah keeping a good eye on everything, at the moment got a few items noted but we're taking a bit of a softly softly approach at the moment to see whether they are rectified in the course of work, rather than banging on about every tiny little thing.

Hmm, way back in February.... I was trudging around in clay
You guys got a PCI date yet? Couldn't be too far off?

brianwijes

Hi Brian, Thanks we're quite happy with it and everything looks to be well put together.

What do you mean, smaller than expected, have you actually got out a tape measure to make sure it all is to spec? Remembering that most plans mark the sizes to the frame (not the plaster).

As for Flame_on, fairly sure that isn't his place iirc he's a couple of doors down from that one.
no official date yet but it may be next week if quality is checked and issues fixed between today and mid next week
kbudgie
no official date yet but it may be next week if quality is checked and issues fixed between today and mid next week

Sounds good, will be wishing you good quality and no faults

In other news, tried calling our SS and it diverted to the office, seems he has been taken to hospital (no other details were forthcoming) and so we've been re-assigned.
So someone new to get to know.

And in other news, having issues with our bank and paying our first invoice as they havent sent us out our authorisation sheets and hadn't taken into account all of our deposits thusfar despite the numbers at land settlement being correct.
Belial
Sounds good, will be wishing you good quality and no faults

In other news, tried calling our SS and it diverted to the office, seems he has been taken to hospital (no other details were forthcoming) and so we've been re-assigned.
So someone new to get to know.

And in other news, having issues with our bank and paying our first invoice as they havent sent us out our authorisation sheets and hadn't taken into account all of our deposits thusfar despite the numbers at land settlement being correct.

Thanks

I hope your SS is ok and that the change does not cause you any delays (like you have not been waiting long enough!) and I hope the bank issues are resolved - all this is stressful enough!!
Related
22/11/2023
Reviews on Fairhaven homes

Building A New House

We are looking to do a KDR with fairhaven homes, Have seen plenty of good reviews about them pre construction and plenty of negative reviews about them during contruction…

1/09/2023
Moving a chandelier after it has been mounted

Lighting + Lighting Design

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding moving a chandelier after it has been mounted. The chandelier in question is quite large, measuring 4 meters…

7/01/2024
What have been your experiences with building inspections?

Building A New House

You have mandatory building inspections and privately engaged building inspections. The difference between the two comes down to inspecting the building so it's safe and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum