Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Willowdale

Page 145 of 165
Has anyone got recommendations for a bushfire consultant? We're going to need a BAL certificate to go with our CDC application when the land registers. Our builder has advised us we need to organise it independently.

Now the land has been cleared it looks like we have a good chance it's going to drop from BAL 29 that it was marked on the original subdivision assessment which I'm pretty happy about. I'd love for it to be 12.5, not just for the cost saving but because we would get so much more choice of front doors!!!!
Jenifermarie
Has anyone got recommendations for a bushfire consultant? We're going to need a BAL certificate to go with our CDC application when the land registers. Our builder has advised us we need to organise it independently.

Now the land has been cleared it looks like we have a good chance it's going to drop from BAL 29 that it was marked on the original subdivision assessment which I'm pretty happy about. I'd love for it to be 12.5, not just for the cost saving but because we would get so much more choice of front doors!!!!

http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets ... ations.pdf

Does anyone here know of the guidelines for a retaining wall on the boundary
Do all parties have to be notified and agree to it?

PixiGT
Jenifermarie
ChristineA
Has anyone considered getting an independent inspector to walk through their build at all stages, or at least considered one for the final walk through? If so, which option? Any thoughts/comments/suggestions/recommendations?

We are planning on getting an inspector - I've seen HK Ryan and Houspect recommended quite a bit on the forum. One of them offers a discount if you mention the forum but I forget which one.

We are planning on getting a pre linings inspection where they will check frame, brickwork, roof, electrical then a PCI inspection. Our builder only allows 2 inspections but I've read those two are sufficient.

I just want the peace of mind that an expert has checked it over.

Ditto; as well as wet area inspections at waterproofing stage (before tiling) by a specific waterproofing inspector. They have all the tools to check the thickness & appropriate type of waterproofing has been used etc, as well as the clout to report & recommend if it isn't to AStandard.
All the best with it guys

hey pixiGT, have you decided who you're going to go with at this point?

Hi guys, I have recently purchased Avena townhouse package for $635k plus ducted a/c $6k = $641k
its three bedroom, two story, two living and single garage. roughly 273sqm. I am very happy and pleased with this buy, and I know for a fact by completion late next year, the house value will go up for sure! good thing about this is, its "townhouse" however not detached and no STRATA! what else can you ask for.

if you have any information please do share on the product. thank you and good luck with everyone's build[/quote]

Hi all,
We bought in avena as well. Got a 230m2 lot 3beds for 620k. 273m2 lot for 635k is amazing. Wonder what stage and what type did u buy? Mine is aloe type.
ChristineA
PixiGT
Jenifermarie
[quote="ChristineA"]Has anyone considered getting an independent inspector to walk through their build at all stages, or at least considered one for the final walk through? If so, which option? Any thoughts/comments/suggestions/recommendations?

We are planning on getting an inspector - I've seen HK Ryan and Houspect recommended quite a bit on the forum. One of them offers a discount if you mention the forum but I forget which one.

We are planning on getting a pre linings inspection where they will check frame, brickwork, roof, electrical then a PCI inspection. Our builder only allows 2 inspections but I've read those two are sufficient.

I just want the peace of mind that an expert has checked it over.

Ditto; as well as wet area inspections at waterproofing stage (before tiling) by a specific waterproofing inspector. They have all the tools to check the thickness & appropriate type of waterproofing has been used etc, as well as the clout to report & recommend if it isn't to AStandard.
All the best with it guys

hey pixiGT, have you decided who you're going to go with at this point?

[/quote]
Hey ChristineA, I have finished my build, however if you'd like to know my inspectors, feel free to PM

Pixi

SkB
Hi people, was hoping you could help me decide regarding insulation under Colorbond Roof. The builder is offering SARKING & R4 GLASSWOOL BATTS to the ceiling; however they've suggested installing the ANTICON blanket as well at extra cost. Could you please advise if ANTICON blanket is required along with R4 GLASSWOOL BATT & SARKING? Has anybody installed the ANTICON blanket under their colorbond roof?

I have a colorbond roof with sarking and R4 glasswool batts to the ceiling and it's more than enough. Even with heavy rain it's fine. Noise isn't an issue. The Anticon blankets in addition will give you that extra insulation from noise and heat/cold, but in my opinion if you have R4 already, it's definitely not a necessity, more of an extra thing.
Hi Guys, Does anyone know Campbellton council requirements for putting a concrete as I have 300sqm land and I would like to have some part of backyard with concrete floor and also side of the house. My approved landscaping plan has turf on the backyard and pebbles on the side. Appreciate your help.

zeeshanm26
Hi Guys, Does anyone know Campbellton council requirements for putting a concrete as I have 300sqm land and I would like to have some part of backyard with concrete floor and also side of the house. My approved landscaping plan has turf on the backyard and pebbles on the side. Appreciate your help.

Hi zeeshanm26, have a look at your plans for the required soak area mandatory for your size block, then follow up with your council with regards to their specific layout/distribution requirements regarding this, then calculate the area you can cover with concrete from there.
I've concreted a patio area across the rear of my place from fence to fence, & down both sides of my house (footpath access areas). All the best with it.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslo ... fb36eccf92

^^ new trains from Leppington to Parramatta and Blacktown

PixiGT
zeeshanm26

Hi zeeshanm26, have a look at your plans for the required soak area mandatory for your size block, then follow up with your council with regards to their specific layout/distribution requirements regarding this, then calculate the area you can cover with concrete from there.
I've concreted a patio area across the rear of my place from fence to fence, & down both sides of my house (footpath access areas). All the best with it.

Thanks a lot

This is great! I work in Parra & was definitely one on my concerns. Thanks for sharing.
Calvin McCoy

That's great but people travelling to city will still have to change at Glenfield. I hope there is a direct train from Leppington to city someday.
Brahma Bull
SkB
Hi people, was hoping you could help me decide regarding insulation under Colorbond Roof. The builder is offering SARKING & R4 GLASSWOOL BATTS to the ceiling; however they've suggested installing the ANTICON blanket as well at extra cost. Could you please advise if ANTICON blanket is required along with R4 GLASSWOOL BATT & SARKING? Has anybody installed the ANTICON blanket under their colorbond roof?

I have a colorbond roof with sarking and R4 glasswool batts to the ceiling and it's more than enough. Even with heavy rain it's fine. Noise isn't an issue. The Anticon blankets in addition will give you that extra insulation from noise and heat/cold, but in my opinion if you have R4 already, it's definitely not a necessity, more of an extra thing.

Thank you so much.
Hi All
Has anyone received an update for stage 7A registration?
Thanks
SkB
Calvin McCoy

That's great but people travelling to city will still have to change at Glenfield. I hope there is a direct train from Leppington to city someday.

Not so.

I traveled to the city from Leppington and back each day. The train goes via Glenfield and Liverpool. It does take longer but by the time you factor in the time waiting at Glenfield it's only a few minutes difference.

Hi all,

Does anyone know if stage 14 registration & settlement is on track for June 2017?

We received conditional approval for a loan last week; the bank couldn't offer unconditional approval as the land is not yet registered. Has anyone experienced valuation issues with their land? Was the valuation on-par with the purchase price?

I think stage 14/15 should register at the same time i.e. June 2017. Should we create a whatsapp group for better communication? PM me your contact details and I will create one.
We're lot 1403.
krishnasharma
Hi guys,
I am a new member to this group. Purchased a block in stage 15B Lot 1658, Expected registration July 17. Decided to build with Eden Brae Homes (Kent 27). At the tender stage now.
Does anyone know if is possible to obtain AHD survey report from outside?
Eden Brae has quoted $791 in the tender. Does this price look alright?
Thanks for your help.

Hi there,

Metricon is charging us $725 for AHD Survey.
Thanks SkB

Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum