Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Northlakes Estate- Cameron park

Page 145 of 159
End of June completion would be a metaphorical kick in the face to Joey, but wish you luck.

We are going away from the 8th to the 26th of april. Is anyone able to provide me with updates and photos while were away?

viewtopic.php?t=80908
Yarborough
End of June completion would be a metaphorical kick in the face to Joey, but wish you luck.

Haha
It would be the most physical metaphorical face kick ever felt, it's true.
We also hope that date happens for you because we wouldn't wish the experience we've had on anyone!
I will be using your build as the finest of the many examples we have that they made a mess of ours of course, being the same company makes it the prime point of questioning
powerfamilybuild
We are going away from the 8th to the 26th of april. Is anyone able to provide me with updates and photos while were away?

viewtopic.php?t=80908

Yeh we can help with that.
Inbox me a number to message pics to and when we go out we'll snap some.
Yep happy to swing by on the way to ours and keep you posted.

More bricks for us today.

Hey all
Been awhile since i posted something. My build going well. New SS, tiling still going, kitchen fit out done, painting possibly next week, driveway started.

Another busy day today on Bellavia

dr_moebius
Hey all
Been awhile since i posted something. My build going well. New SS, tiling still going, kitchen fit out done, painting possibly next week, driveway started.

Damn you and your started driveway. I'm still 3 weeks off starting mine. Oh well. I'm still beating my neighbour. That gives me strength.
I saw your fence was going in and you had turf as well out the back. Is that right?
Benji241
dr_moebius
Hey all

Damn you and your started driveway. I'm still 3 weeks off starting mine. Oh well. I'm still beating my neighbour. That gives me strength.
I saw your fence was going in and you had turf as well out the back. Is that right?

Thats my neighbour who's got the turf & fence. Think they got a h&l package. I'm happy that the is fence going up, dont care what color it is, it cost me nothing !!!!!

Hope the neighbour on the other side is doing the same.. hahah
Our poor little street! I had to park down from your place to meet the SS the other day, couldn't get near ours!

dr_moebius
Benji241
dr_moebius
Hey all

Thats my neighbour who's got the turf & fence. Think they got a h&l package. I'm happy that the is fence going up, dont care what color it is, it cost me nothing !!!!!

Haha you don't really think you're getting out of paying for half of the shared fences that easily do you?
dr_moebius
Benji241
dr_moebius
Hey all

Haha you don't really think you're getting out of paying for half of the shared fences that easily do you?
[/quote]

Yes i do. i wasnt consulted. i was planning with my mates to do DIY. The owner hasnt mentioned anything to me when we communicated. We wait and see or maybe i'll put my own fence up if her fee is unreasonable.
dr_moebius

[/quote]

Yes i do. i wasnt consulted. i was planning with my mates to do DIY. The owner hasnt mentioned anything to me when we communicated. We wait and see or maybe i'll put my own fence up if her fee is unreasonable.[/quote]

I'm frankly glad you're not my neighbour with an attitude like that.

It's the same colour and style as 99% of the fencing in the estate and has saved you the labour and getting the materials. Half is fair... it's a universally accepted way of working it out.
Yarborough

Yes i do. i wasnt consulted. i was planning with my mates to do DIY. The owner hasnt mentioned anything to me when we communicated. We wait and see or maybe i'll put my own fence up if her fee is unreasonable.

It's the same colour and style as 99% of the fencing in the estate and has saved you the labour and getting the materials. Half is fair... it's a universally accepted way of working it out.

I agree and I am quite surprised to be honest.
Our neighbours also put fences up without asking us. We will pay half but I will only pay half of the rate we've been quoted. ie. if they paid more per metre than our quote they can suck up the difference.

Does anyone have spare soil/fill at their site which they are happy for me to pick up this morning?
Dunsyre100
Does anyone have spare soil/fill at their site which they are happy for me to pick up this morning?

There's some on my driveway but it's pretty rocky.
KLB
Our neighbours also put fences up without asking us. We will pay half but I will only pay half of the rate we've been quoted. ie. if they paid more per metre than our quote they can suck up the difference.

It hard to consult a neighbour if they haven't even moved in yet. The only reason I was able to have a chat with Joey was the fact he was on this forum. I tried getting in touch with the guy next door by leaving my number with his builder and the real estate he was using to lease his place out, but he never called me.

The other neighbour moved in 6 months after we did, so I wasn't about to leave that entire side unfenced just because I didn't have his contact details and he never came out to check on his build.

What ended up happening was the guy who leased his out built with Impact who built half the fence, and our builder did the other half. The other 2 neighbours gave us half, without objection.

On another note, I like your bricks.
Benji241
Dunsyre100

There's some on my driveway but it's pretty rocky.

Thanks, I think we have enough. I'll give you a buzz if we need more. Cheers.
Don't get me wrong I'm happy the fences are up but I found it weird two neighbours managed to get in touch with us (one through council, one through the land sales office) and then two others didn't bother.

Yarborough
dr_moebius

Yes i do. i wasnt consulted. i was planning with my mates to do DIY. The owner hasnt mentioned anything to me when we communicated. We wait and see or maybe i'll put my own fence up if her fee is unreasonable.[/quote]

It's the same colour and style as 99% of the fencing in the estate and has saved you the labour and getting the materials. Half is fair... it's a universally accepted way of working it out.[/quote]
I'm not saying i would object to paying half. I haven't been asked. I have meet my neighbour & we have exchanged numbers awhile back. Maybe it's the last thing on their mind. I was planning to diy it, since my mates were willing to help, which will be cheaper than getting someone else. Just wait & see. The retaining wall on the back of her place, i asked for the guy number so he could do mine at the same time, they didn't bother getting bk to me. So I'm not trying to avoid anything but if they don't want to respond, i ain't gonna follow up with them.

Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum