Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Avonlee Henley Brook Perth

Page 144 of 157
Hi guys
I am new to this forum and we are building on Mormaer street. It has been a long wait but finally we all are getting there.
Welcome Rob and Kavi it's good to hear from new people

Hi Kavi! We are on Mormaer street also! Good to see someone else in our street!
hi rossmac!! we are number 15 what number are you? really exciting to meet our future neighbours:)
Hi guys
we received our building permit today
and submitted all our final documents. Now in scheduling process. Hoping for slab to go down in middle of august
Congratulations Kavi on the building permit, it all feels that little bit more real with each step forward.

Who are you building with?

We are number 27/lot 347

We sent our final plans back to the builder today so they can submit to the shire for the permit (s)- how long did you wait for the shire to approve the docs?
Welcome to the newbies
Great to have you here, the more the merrier!!!

we went out on the weekend and seen a slab down and a couple more had their site works complete - very exciting to finally see things moving !!

We got one of the 4 signatures we need to have our easement removed, so we're still waiting for the rest of them, but it will happen so we're just waiting patiently.!!!
Two slabs in the area, one with footings laid and waiting for a slab and one with the pipes put down
We saw as well today our builder still says our pad will be down by end of the week.

As we only are only down the road we check it every day and I have watched the guys work it only takes them a day to do the footings and all the pipe work then slab goes down really surpised how fast it is.

Also they charge us 1600 for a concrete pump cause they say the sands to soft to drive the concrete truck on but I have seen 1 use the concrete pump and others they drove the trucks on the sand and straight out the truck.

Hi Kaylz,

I had my setbacks successfully changed due to the different orientation of my block.

What easements are you trying to have lifted?

Regards,

Rob.
Hi rossmac
We are lot 326 which is like 5 houses away from yours. we are building with blueprint homes and building permit took about a week now the file has moved in scheduling which is 6 weeks waiting before actual construction. who are you building with?
Hey Kavi_15 I will be your neighbour!! Me and my husband are building on lot 327 number 13!
Hey Kavi_15 I will be your neighbour!! Me and my husband are building on lot 327 number 13!
Robzilr
Hi Kaylz,

I had my setbacks successfully changed due to the different orientation of my block.

What easements are you trying to have lifted?

Regards,

Rob.

Hey Rob,

We don't have any issues with our setbacks (apart from the fact the easement is nearly 50square metres at the front of our block) and i refused to move my house back 4 metres and lose my backyard.

The easement is actually a redundant easement and doesn't 'exist'. it was originally planned to put a sewerage pump station there, but they moved it, so in hindsight, it's just some lines on some paper we need removed before we can settle and commence construction.

Cheers
Kaylz
hi ro88
wow thats wonderful! Myself and my wife are building our first home. we are very excited and its great to be able to meet you all before moving in. It will be a great community indeed.
Hey Guys, just out of curiosity - what does everyone do for work / jobs?
Hello fellow Brabhamers,

I would like to revisit some information previously posted by AC27, back on page number 53 from January 11, 2013. This post basically outlines what the neighboring stage releases may comprise of and who owns them at that time.

Here is the post “Got some bad news for all Brabhammers. Mainly for Whiteman edge but bad for Avonlee as well. It seems that Stockland is in the process of back flipping their decision in Homeswest rental houses in the area. They're currently releasing stage 3, by stage 7 they plan on implementing Homeswest rentals. Stage 7 is the opposite side of Partridge Street which I am told where it will eventually connect into Avonlee, so all the outer borders of Whiteman Edge where it hits Avonlee borders will have Homeswest rentals, devaluing the whole of Brabham and causing us potentially major issues such as crime.

Rita Saffioti the Labor MP of our electorate is the one pushing the land developer for this type of housing in Brabham I have written on her Facebook public wall "Rita Saffioti MLA" to vent my disgust. As Avonlee and Whiteman Edge will share the same Primary/High schools as well as local shops and amenities it may be in all our interests to try and stop this. If we can get some more posters on the issue to send out a message and to keep home west rentals out of Brabham would be a good thing for all of us in the long term".

See attached image on forum page 60 posted by Dargonk photo from above post. Does anyone have any more recent updates as to the status of our so-called Private Estate and neighboring landowners/developers and their future proposal for the land? We have all paid our premium for a private estate and not to be surrounded by anything less.

Sorry I couldn't work out how to add photo in this post. Img button above just put a URL that did not work.

Looking forward to your responses so we know who is in our neighborhood.

Regards,

Rob.
The land between us and whitemans edge is owned by Kailis apart from the gas pipe line and from my understanding they dont want to sell or develop unless someone makes a massive offer even then they dont need the money and being italian they may hold on for there kids.

I know all land developers have approached them and last I heard they dont want to sell so our stage 3C is as far back as Avonlee goes then goes back to West Swan Rd in future development I think there is about 500 or so lots to go in our area.

As for state houses all areas now that aren't private estates have 10% state houses. So I dont think they will be right next to us but who cares really all state house people aren't bad people or ruin the neighborhood.

Hey kaylz I've always wanted to ask everyone that question so I'll start us off

I'm Elly I'm 22 and a registered nurse, my boyfriend wade is also 22 and self employed.
Hey Elly
I'm glad it's been something someone else has thought about too
Would be great for us to get a sense of skills we have around the place!!.

I work as an Office Manager for a Construction Company, but i also have my own business in the Health and Wellness, and I also have my own Photography business. When our house is built i will quit my Office Job and just focus on my 2 businesses
My hubby Steve is a Operations Supervisor for Alliance Airlines !!

What does Wade do Elly?
Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

29/01/2024
Building with Status Residential Perth, Yeah Nah?

Building A New House

What is your feedback of Status residential please ?

19/09/2023
Perth premium builders

Building A New House

You could try Marc homes (Giorgi) and Urbane

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum