Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Ryalls - Coral Homes Noosa 26 - Leaking ensuite??

Page 143 of 147
Your floor wasn't grouted properly at all! If they mix it too stiff, it doesn't fill the gaps and just skins over the top.... then over time it goes porous and falls in the holes. Hubby just spent the last three weeks on night shift fixing a problem like this at a shopping centre! It's just lazy workmanship

- B
dougang287
BrownDog77
Hey Ryalls did you get my PM to you re CSO? and did you reply? just asking as I sent one to you but its not showing in tapatalk and I swear I sent one!/! I think Im going crazy lol
you got a good cso?

I sent you a pm

Bridgetwitch
Your floor wasn't grouted properly at all! If they mix it too stiff, it doesn't fill the gaps and just skins over the top.... then over time it goes porous and falls in the holes. Hubby just spent the last three weeks on night shift fixing a problem like this at a shopping centre! It's just lazy workmanship

- B

I know, its sh!t!! We did some tiling in the garage and its soooo much better!! Dont get me wronf i hated every minute of it as its blo0dy hard work but if i can do it?!

I thinking the only positive is that we will ask to change the grout colour from the standard cement colour to magellan grey like we have in the bathrooms... But boy is it going to rip the house apart..
Good luck with the meeting today Ryalls!!!
MrsJM
Sh!t ryalls!! Looks like your floor will be regrouted! What a bloody pain that is having to move everything
Is it the SS or the maintenance man coming? Stuck to your guns girl. Let us know how you go

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581

I know its going to be a nightmare!! Its the maintenance man coming.. hopefully he is better than SS, Although we arranged our appointment and he called me 10 minutes later to say he double booked me.. hope its not a sign lol
BrownDog77
Hey Ryalls did you get my PM to you re CSO? and did you reply? just asking as I sent one to you but its not showing in tapatalk and I swear I sent one!/! I think Im going crazy lol

Yep got it, Tapatalk is weird sometimes!!

Ours was Justine, She was actually pretty good.. Seemed to have alot of days off work, but always returned calls / emails when she said she would so cant complain about that
Heres a copy of our repairs list.. Considering the original had about 10 things on it, i don't think the guys going to be too impressed lol

Just hoping i haven't missed anything.

Exterior
- Downpipes not finished painting
- Meter box not finished painting
- Seals around windows not set correctly
- Concern with water getting in brick breathers to internal wall in ensuite
- Water tank pump not working correctly
- Cracked render, brickwork, eaves to front
- Missed silicon between render joins at top
- Repainting of scratched roof sheets not done
- Clean paint from rolling eaves off window frames throughout perimeter
Garage
- 1 light not working
- Entry door exterior needs repainting
- Internal door to be repainted (we have had to sand the edge due to swelling)
Main entry
- Crack in skirting near dining
- Silicon under front door
- Repairs to skirting / plaster either side of entry door need to be fixed again
Study
- Door not closing properly
- Crack around wardrobe
- No paint on corner wall
Powderoom
- Sink leaking
- Plaster / silicon repairs around sides of toilet
Bed 3
- Cracks around doorway, both inside and outside the room
- Patch up around doorway needs to be fixed
Bathroom
- Cracks in wall grout
- Silicon around bath
- Missing grout in wall tiles
Activity room
- Woodwork not finished painting from PCI repairs
- Paint missing from wall on corner
- Hole in ceiling, Electrical plan requested light be install where ‘future fan’ will be
Laundry
- Interior door not closing properly, prone to bad swelling
- Repairs to plaster work either end of the splashback not fixed to acceptable standard
Master bedroom
- Crack in ceiling
- WIR door not closing properly
Ensuite
- Possible leaking shower / damp grout
- Cracks in wall tile grout
- Wall grout ‘bubbling’ in places
- Cavity door dragging on frame / prome to swelling
- Poor grouting in niche
- Silicon around window not complete
- Silicon around doorway not fixed from PCI
- Gaps in silicon around shower
- Toilet lid not sitting on properly
Bed 2
- Cracks around doorway
- Cracks in skirting in left and right corners of the room
Kitchen
- Pantry door not closing due to swelling
- Crack in plaster top right corner above fridge
- Rangehood not ducting outside
- Neaten around edges of cooktop
Family
- Sliding door tracks need repair
- Right narrow window not closing correctly
- Left narrow window crack around window frame
Dining
- Hole in ceiling not repaired from PCI
- Remove cement from door track
Throughout entire house
- Nail heaps popping from around skirting / window frames
- Skirting / door paint is starting to yellow – Pantry, Linen, Cavity sliders most obvious but started on skirting in other areas
- Main flooring grout turning to powder
- Gaps in silicon
- Numerous paint issues not address from our private PCI inspection – All info was given to SS
- See attached Coral PCI list of items not addressed
RegVic
Good luck with the meeting today Ryalls!!!

Thanks Reg!! Getting nervous now lol

More importantly.. Good luck with handover!!!!
Wow thats a huge list! Sounds like none of your doors work properly! Good luck, hope they fix everything without a fuss.

NicMac03
Wow thats a huge list! Sounds like none of your doors work properly! Good luck, hope they fix everything without a fuss.

Hmm i know! Thats what i said to hubby.. our bedroom is the only one that works correctly! I one in the kitchen is that swelled its popped of the runner and can even get it back on

I really hope they fix everything but i have no idea how they can do it without ripping half the house apart.. Its annoying we have 2 small children who have to live through this too..
Good luck today, hopefully it all goes well. That list is massive!
Ryalls_first_build
Retaining walls finished today.. Very happy to tick this off the jobs to do list!

Dont mind husbands average pics but you get the idea

Hi Ryalls,

I am sure you mentioned it somewhere.. what is the name of the driveway exposed concrete? Thanks
How did it go??

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Holy smokes that list

Hope it went well Ryalls

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Hope all went well, and your beautiful home gets fixed ASAP!

- B
RegVic
Ryalls_first_build
Retaining walls finished today.. Very happy to tick this off the jobs to do list!

Dont mind husbands average pics but you get the idea

Hi Ryalls,

I am sure you mentioned it somewhere.. what is the name of the driveway exposed concrete? Thanks

Exposed aggregate
i have no idea of the rock colour combination though, i know it was 70% of one type and 30% of the other.
That was hubbys department.. let me know if you want me to ask

Thanks guys!!

Far out i just typed a big post and lost it grrr!!

It went pretty well i think, was long abit over 2 hours!

He turned up with his little list and i gave him a new one, once he seen the list his face was priceless lol

He basically just took photos of everything that has to be fixed and seems pretty happy to fix all the cracks / silicone etc problems.
He said he will have someone come look at the grout and waterproofers for the ensuite.
Only things he didnt want to address was the popping nail heads, he doesnt think they will get any worse and will do more damage fixing it, but did tell me its included in the 6 year structural warranty. So if it gets worse in 6 or 12 months to call them and they will fix it.. We were happy with that.

The other one.. and of course we butted heads over was the yellowing of the paint. He basically said it was my paint type and was clearly listed in my tender, ive requested them send me a copy as its not in mine! I told him i spoke with dulux tech and they told me it would yellow but not for years, anyway he argued i was given bad advice. Either way we agreed to disagree and i told him until i got the tender that was on hold.. he was pretty good about it.

Funny thing happened, he received a call from head office - who didnt realise he was at my place, about my facebook post lol In the end i spoke with them and they assured me management had me on their radar and everything possible would be done to resolve my issues..

Oh only bad thing to come out of the afternoon was that there were so many items not done from pci, and looking back at the pics i swear they didnt do any touch up paint, prob just took off the stickers! That he said most of that work would have to go back through my ss to do the fixes! Almost like he was being punished for not doing it properly first time around! He spoke to head office about it while he was here and they both sounded pi $$ed that there was so much outstanding.

Not looking forward to hearing from him next week!!

As far as repairs go, i have no idea of a time frame so will just wait and see!

How did you go with maintenance guy? Hopefully it went ok?

BrownDog77
How did you go with maintenance guy? Hopefully it went ok?

See above.. i think we posted at the same time! Lol

Related
11/01/2024
Leaking Hot water

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Hi, I've got a brand new (2nd hand) Bosch Hydropower 16H tankless hot water heater. Since it was installed I have noticed it leaks a lot. I took the cover off and it looks…

20/05/2024
Detect leaking pvc pipe undergound

Renovation + Home Improvement

My first suspect area is at the bottom of the harvested downpipe furthest from the tank. PVC downpipes expand and contract with heat and cold, putting pressure on the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum