Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

{Dawn} SE Melb Build - Done and dusted!

Page 141 of 147
So here is my final 'done' photos of the house. After 6 months all my home improvements are done (at least for the next 12 months).

Thank you so much to everyone who has followed my journey (3.5yrs!!). Your support has been invaluable to me.

Front of house (Xmas lights finally down)

Still love the shutters, money well spent

Screen door

Front entry way.

Screen door and new blind up
It's a cheapie blind, only $15.. plastic
I really should have put a blind here when I was getting the rest of the house done, but oh well. I did debate getting my windows tinted for ages, but decided not to.

Master bedroom
Love the shutters. I do not recommend dark carpet and white cats XD

WIR
I did some organization in here over the summer break. Replaced my old cherry wood jewelry box with a white stacker. Works so much better (its in the top drawer). I'd love to get this fitted out like everyone else, but I don't really need anymore room.

En suite

Study/Cat Room XD

Finally got the artwork put up in the study. This is artwork I had before the move.
The canvas is my previous dog Zoey, so nice to finally hang it.
Kitchen

So glad to have a clock up on the wall, got so sick of having to find my phone when I wanted to know the time. Got the spice rack for a Chrissie present

Frame through the window with my house warming butterflies
I will be starting a herb garden on the frame this year, and a veggie garden down that side.

Curtains!!!
I really think they make the room look bigger. Just waiting on proper tie backs to be delivered, excuse the belt

Also glad to have the screen door in.

Living room
My new floor lamp.. got it over the break. I wanted one like it from Beacon, but they were over $300!! This one was only $149.

Backyard

Grass is finally coming up green, still a few patches to be filled in.. and I am thinking of replacing these plants with some bigger magnolias. These ones aren't coping well in the heat.

Cat fencing!!! It's quite discreet.. goes along the top of the fence, when they try to jump up, it spins and drops them.

Side gate
and my little patio lemon tree.

Short side.
Hose reel up. Everything is starting to grow finally.

So there you have it!! House is done. It's cost a bomb.. way more than I ever thought it would, but I couldn't be happier with how everything has come together.

Hope my journey has been of use to others in some way.
Your your house is looking very nice! I’m glad the long journey is finally complete for you

Thank you Melt.
D

Yup, this year is just veggie and herb garden, and possibly some artwork. The big jobs are done and dusted.

The stuff like solar, water tank, more air con... is on hold until I decided if this is my future rental or my ten year house XD
It's all looking great! It feels great to have everything finished.

I'm still doing my backyard - have to wait until autumn before i get the retic & the back lawn done. But i do have a few more plants out back - still have more to get tho...

Those little kitties are gorgeous - if i lived in Melbourne, i'd would have all 3 of them

Thanks Rosemi!!

Your backyard is so pretty. I wish I could get that fancy, but I don't think its worth it on this house.. maybe when I find my forever house.

Hehe, they are just divine. My older fosters, one got adopted yesterday at our adoption day and the other is hopefully going to her new home in about an hour.
D So will just have the four little ones moving forward. They are so fun to play with, but they destroy EVERYTHING!! They keep killing my potted plants.
I’ve enjoyed sharing your journey Dawn. Your home has been decorated beautifully. I love that you’ve bern consistent and have finished all your projects. Mine is a constant work in progress that seems to never get finished. Ive bought a rug, new coffee table, hallway mirrors and alot of other things but theyre all in my junk room waiting to be set up. Im getting quotes too for dected aircon but so far the one quote i got was for a tad under $12k.

I’d love for you to come back to this thread when you do more updates later.

Well done Dawn. Your home is just lovely

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
I'm so impressed with how much you have gotten done in 6 months! It all looks fantastic! There's no way we'll be so organised, we're still banging our heads up against a wall just trying to design our deck (slop of the driveway is giving us grief!), let alone starting anything!

The grass is looking so good, it's really bounced back!

The cat spinners are neat! I've never seen them before.

I'm still thinking about kitty, don't like the sound of destroying plants though
. Hubby has laid the decision firmly in my court (thanks!), I know he wants her though.
Thanks Bank
It's been a challenge and I have plans to redo a lot of the landscape once summer is over.

Hehe, I found everything we tried to do was a nightmare, things were never straight.. or didn't measure up, or surprise pipes in the way.

Yuh, grass is doing well. There's a few patchy bits I want to try and sort out over winter, but too hot to do anything right now.

Well to be fair, it was Orion and Miss Meow who kept destroying the plants, the others only attacked the leaves once they were ripped off xD

Hehe, well just let me know if you decide you'd like her. I can let you know when she goes for her vet work, so you know when she is available to go to a new home. Won't be for a few weeks though. Right now she and her siblings are trying to get up to the window, so CUTE XD
Hi,
I just saw your post with the cat fencing. Are you able to give me some more info on this, I've never seen it before, but what a great idea!
Is it expensive? Did your neighbours mind you installing it?
I am building and have a very mischievous cat who would lose his mind being stuck inside but also don't want him to leave the property 😊
Firsthomefirst
Hi,
I just saw your post with the cat fencing. Are you able to give me some more info on this, I've never seen it before, but what a great idea!
Is it expensive? Did your neighbours mind you installing it?
I am building and have a very mischievous cat who would lose his mind being stuck inside but also don't want him to leave the property 😊

Sure, its from Oscillot Cat Fencing. It comes in a bunch of colorbond colours, in 2m lengths, but you can cut it. Its approx $60 a length. I bought 30m for about $950 including delivery. Dad and I installed it in less than 2 hours, was pretty easy, just needed a drill.

It isn't that expensive for what it is, and good thing is it can be taken down and moved quite easy. I didn't even ask my neighbours
I figure they wouldnt mind if it kept my cats out of their yards. Plus on the two sides you can't see it from their side, so they don't know its there. Only along the back it is visible, but its pretty discreet and doesn't move or make noise unless the cat touches it.

Its good, so far my cat has taken one tumble and not bothered trying again.
That sounds perfect! I'll definitely be looking into that! Thanks dawn
Your welcome.

omg cuteness overload!!
Cute kitties!! Are you fostering them? Or are they all yours?

Charli!!

They are my foster kittens. I'm fostering for a local cat rescue. These are my third lot, I had a singleton (who my parents adopted), then two sisters (both adopted last weekend) and now these 4 siblings. They are just TOO cute. Panda is loving having them to play with.
Had a crazy idea today..

To build again...

Have a broker coming around next week to help me work out if I can afford a second property.
aloenyx
Had a crazy idea today..

To build again...

Have a broker coming around next week to help me work out if I can afford a second property.
Glutton for punishment ? Bored? Or want to get something closer to your parents?

Related
20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum