Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Charlibear's Build -Finally in!

Page 141 of 230
That just totally sucks!! So sorry to hear of your ongoing troubles CB!!:([
We are going out to the block today after our little one marches in the Anzac Parade.

Hopefully we are surprised by something today... but I doubt it. I called my SS three times yesterday with no answer or no call back...

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
I really hope you get a nice surprise

God what pricks!

I hope you find something has happened when you visit CB 🤞

We have a little bit of roof trusses done and guttering around the little bit of roof trusses that are done

At least that's something! Hope the rest of the week brings some more progress for you Charli.

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Good to see some progress at least Charlibear hope it continues after today

Our Acacia build - http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=86619
You must be spitting chips... I don't know how you stay so calm.. but then people keep asking me the same thing. I just kind of figure yelling never helps anyone, though it might make me feel better.

I'm glad that something has happened, but feel for you. You should be way ahead by now.
I wonder if they hired someone else to do the gutters and he turned up yesterday because he has been told the roof would be finished last week only to find it wasn't, so did as much as he could do and then left. Explains why some guttering is done which is weird.

I think you have the patience of a saint I don't think Rome took this long to build

Glad to see signs of movement. Progress is still progress! Totally praying for ongoing momentum Charlie!!
Far out. Deep breath lovely. I know this feeling all too well. It's so hard to pull yourself out of it but it's worth a try for your own health
GJ Gardner have a lot to answer for. Sounds like they haven't given you a straight answer as to why the hold ups. Sometimes though it's not the ss or your builder but rather idiot trades who don't show up/show up late/are finishing other jobs. In my opinion still falls back on the builder for dealing with sh!t subcontractors but not always in their direct control. We had an issue with our roof and the roofers were booked a number of times and just didn't show. I took it out on the ss for a while who was following them up but then I realised when I made some calls
Myself that it actually wasn't the builder. I'm not trying to make excuses for GJ- far from it- just some perspective that sometimes it will be their fault and other times It won't be. Hard for us to differentiate though and really- we shouldn't have to.

Getting to internals for us was also the longest slog. Hopefully once you're bricked, the inside will motor along.

Chin up and try and stay strong. Don't live and breathe the build. It will ruin your life. Do something for yourself and maybe make a deal that you will only go to the house once or twice a week. Seeing no movement day in day out is soul destroying.

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Progress is progress and I will take what I can get. Our frames started on 6/4 and they still aren't complete yet as roof trusses are a quarter done... Really they should have only taken a week at most but here we are 3 weeks later.

Mrs, thanks for the advice... we are only there once a week, I was so down yesterday because I am just so disappointed with lack of progress. I try so hard not to live and breathe this build but like you living with others is hard work and I'm constantly wanting out! Also it doesn't help that we had our DA approval in Oct last year... Cant help but wonder if we would have been in our house if they had started when they said they were going to last year but just kept pushing us back... Have you done your product review for coral?

I hope once the externals are doing we power along and they smash it out
Oh Charlibear I honestly think you are the most patient person ever
I keep hoping that you will have an amazing surprise next time you go out & I'm still holding on to that hope

I need to take a leaf out of your page cb. I don't have any patience in anything I do in life. How you hold it together is beyond me, but Bravo for hanging in so long!!!

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
3 weeks has to suck

are all the trusses pre-fabricated or are they making them onsite?
and did your SS return your call and tell you when they'll pull their finger out?
They are pre-fabricated frames and trusses so really no reason to take this long.

I didn't hear back from my SS

I really don't have patience but I don't know what else I can do... I can send all the emails in the world or call my SS phone like a crazy ex girlfriend but I don't think it makes a difference. The office is a tad to far to drive just to go in and demand answers... so I'll just be standing here/bending over a barrel where GJ have me...

I'm really looking forward to the day when your the one with GJ's bent over the barrel and you happen to have a couple of pineapples close by

CB, if it makes any difference, our frames & trusses may be done. took under 2 weeks with anzac and easter in between. BUT there are some questionable bits. Will be waiting to get notified of completion, then tell inspector to check those areas. And, some wrong items were delivered, so I actually want them to slow down and fix. Perhaps yours will be top quality
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum