Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Allworth Homes

Page 141 of 143
We changed our mind and switched to the Sonata 12, but widening it and lengthening it. We needed the garage and alfresco on different sides and for the laundry to be on the alfresco side due to our block and where the water views are so it just worked better.

There's still more changes that need doing that were missed, wrong or we didn't like so I'm not sure if we need a 3rd tender or can just do it in the contract stage.

At this point we are happy enough with allworth to pay our deposit next week.

In exciting news we settled on our land a couple of weeks ago and our remortgage of our current house settled today so we have the entire amount for our build available.

We plan on living here in Sydney and renting out the new house for a year or two before we move into it down the coast, but it will be our forever home so have to make the floor plan perfect.

We will probably do a basic kitchen and upgrade the cupboard doors and bench tops and do all the nice lighting etc when we are moving in.

I'm starting to get excited now!

Hi there,

After some advice on Kitchens and Bathrooms for Allworth Homes. I just sent plans to council we are building the Langford Countryside. I was after anyone who would be willing to share photos or tips on their kitchens and bathrooms with Allworth to get ideas to hopefully make the this stage a little easier

Thanks
How long has everyone's build taken with Allworth? We're building the Hampton in Lake Macquarie region and wanting to be in by christmas but not getting our hopes up.
Hi there,

Our contract is for 21 weeks but I've heard from many people they're getting in before that timeline, we are at council stage where are you up to?
Hailsm
How long has everyone's build taken with Allworth? We're building the Hampton in Lake Macquarie region and wanting to be in by christmas but not getting our hopes up.

My build contract is for 19 weeks, it's a single story home, my sales officer has said they sometimes finish a week or two early where I'm building (south coast) recently
Hey everyone!

My partner and I are building a harmony entertainer. At Coast Central, Wyee. We are just waiting to see our bathroom and kitchen appointments.
We already have ceaserstone bench tops in the kitchen but wanted to add waterfall sides as well. We are also considering adding the ceaserstone benchtops in the bathroom and ensuite as this isn't included. Does anyone know how much extra this costs? As allworth sales aren't allowed to say a price.

P.s - If you guys have any pricing on bathroom or kitchen additions you have done which you are happy to share, please don't be shy!

Blake.
I'm awaiting my kitchen appointments also and I'm wondering the same questions. I'm also wondering if anyone has done external peer lights with allworth as I really want them an they're near impossible to install after handover.
B.Field
Hey everyone!

My partner and I are building a harmony entertainer. At Coast Central, Wyee. We are just waiting to see our bathroom and kitchen appointments.
We already have ceaserstone bench tops in the kitchen but wanted to add waterfall sides as well. We are also considering adding the ceaserstone benchtops in the bathroom and ensuite as this isn't included. Does anyone know how much extra this costs? As allworth sales aren't allowed to say a price.

P.s - If you guys have any pricing on bathroom or kitchen additions you have done which you are happy to share, please don't be shy!

Blake.

Hey Blake,

Yeah you will have to just wait til your appointment, they basically contract that whole section out to them. You are looking at a couple of grand for the upgrade to your bathroom benchtops i would imagine. Because they would need complete new units then stone on top of them. Knowing Allworth and my experience (so far) and changes/upgrades have aren't cheap.
candicewebster
I'm awaiting my kitchen appointments also and I'm wondering the same questions. I'm also wondering if anyone has done external peer lights with allworth as I really want them an they're near impossible to install after handover.

For your pir lights, you can just get provisions for the extra areas. Standard lights where about $50 to get wired, down lights are 130 per down light.
So far here is our time lines

Paid Tender in Jan - during this time we made some changes to structure of the house (eg we removed alfresco turned it into living space, and put it bifolds across the back of the house).

Signed Contract Mid May

Commencement Letter Issued Mid June

Clearing and Peg out were done Mid July - Technically this is the start of construction so when they say "we will commence construction with 20 days of commencement letter" that's what they mean

Slab Poured 4th of August

First Level Framing completed 21st of August with the rest to be completed by this Friday (28th)

So far i have spoken to the first site supervisor who was extremely rude and barely introduced himself, just called me up on a Thursday and told me i need to be on site the next day at 11pm because i need to measure piering with them and basically hung up. He was later replaced by another site supervisor who when he first called was very similar but then as we spoke (realised i wasn't difficult) was nice and answered some of my questions. I get it they manage 20 sites and are busy, but be nice we are spending a crap load of money with them.

So far so good, everyone bar one person has been really good to us so far and answered all the questions and any issues we have had.

I will keep you updated if you are interested, if you have any questions i am happy to answer what i know.
aphsta
Hailsm

My build contract is for 19 weeks, it's a single story home, my sales officer has said they sometimes finish a week or two early where I'm building (south coast) recently

Our build period is 17 weeks which seems so fast to me so I'm expecting it to take longer. We just had our frames completed and roof tiles delivered with the safety rails installed.
B.Field
Hey everyone!

Blake.

We added granite to the laundry to match the granite everywhere else and it was around $1100 for that we were a bit shocked bit went with it anyway haha.
My plans were submitted to the CD Certifier this week and doing colours and tiles on Tuesday, that's going to be a big day!

Did my tiles and internal choices yesterday, very exciting but it was $120 per tap to change to flick mixers in the bathrooms and I spent $315 to have a bath spout flick mixer combo.
I almost had a heart attack when she said the rail duel shower heads were like $750, you can get 2 plus $150 change buying them yourself!!!

One thing I was really unhappy with was that you cannot change the grout colour, it's white on walls and off white on floors. I had to change from my black mosaic tiles after that. I even called my CSO at head office and she said there was nothing she could do. I hope my charcoal tiles don't look too bad, the wall grout is only 1mm and floor is 3mm

I brought my Aunt and already knew what colours I wanted so it wasn't too difficult. The only thing that I agonised over was my feature tiles because of grout, which I am glad I changed to a white mosaic with the dark tiles, and the cost to upgrade the bathroom taps etc, but all in all it was a fun day

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89059
If you don't mind me asking what floor tiles did you choose? Yeah the grout thing is annoying hey, the lady I got wasn't helpful at all with the tiles
I had all flooring removed except bathrooms and laundry and we are getting vinyl planking through the whole house including bedrooms.

I've got a quote for $78sqm and they just asked for 3 weeks notice to get stock in and they will send two guys down the coast to lay it over 2 days

I had my kitchen appointment today and was wondering if anyone building a priceleader series Home had upgraded to under bench sinks and how much it cost?
My consultant couldn’t tell me how much that was, also the cost to upgrade to stone in the standard range

aphsta
I had my kitchen appointment today and was wondering if anyone building a priceleader series Home had upgraded to under bench sinks and how much it cost?
My consultant couldn’t tell me how much that was, also the cost to upgrade to stone in the standard range

Stone was included in our kitchen but we upgrade the laundry bench to stone so it matches because it's close to our kitchen. For the laundry bench alone it was around $1100 - $1200 mark we were a little shocked but went with it anyway.

Hi,

New to the site and first home builders and we are looking to build with Allworth (waiting on the quote but love their floor plan). I am looking at a few of their upgrades/inclusions and was wondering if anyone had/has any issues with the Brivis AC or the Rheem Continuous hot water system. Is it worth paying for upgrades on hotwater or are the tanks good for showers/laundry/kitchen use.

We have always lived in units and really did not have to think about these things

Any wise words would be so wonderful too.
You might want to upgrade the Brivis A/C to a daikin but they told me that was only possible if I was building a double story home.

I’ve had the instant hot water systems before and they are fantastic. I’m getting a solar booster hws because we don’t have gas where we are building and didn’t want to deal with bottled gas, but if I had access to gas I’d get the instant option.

Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum