Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 141 of 862
Hmmm it seems to be the process with all builders. We were bullied into using H3nl3ys broker in our last house (We were 3 days away from signing a contract with H3nl3y and pulled out over a huge range of issues) and really don't want to go through it again. We have our own broker. We have our pre approval and our block (WOOHOO WE HAVE A BLOCK) I don't want to have to waste my time being told that everything we have done is wrong. (that's how we got sucked into using the H3nl3y broker last time)
J & c - thanks, you seem to have found yourself in the same position as me. If I can get away with just giving them ball park figures then that's what I'll do.
Dear Tstrla,

Congratulations of the laying of you slab, I have been following your progress. I just wanted to know if you are going to use and independant inspector during the different phases of your build, and if so who are you going to use?

I am currently at the stage, where they are going to start preparing my land for ground work and laying of the slab. This should be about 3 to 4 weeks away.

Thanks Gren
Gren
Dear Tstrla,

Congratulations of the laying of you slab, I have been following your progress. I just wanted to know if you are going to use and independant inspector during the different phases of your build, and if so who are you going to use?

I am currently at the stage, where they are going to start preparing my land for ground work and laying of the slab. This should be about 3 to 4 weeks away.

Thanks Gren

Hey gren
slab was laid last week and they did a fantastic job. Today I meet our SS and I must say he is a top bloke. He is detailed and will do a fantastic job.

I will b using a independent inspector but haven't chosen one yet

best of luck with it build.
tstr1a
My experience so far with PD has been exceeded my expectation and it’s all due to having a brilliant building coordinator. My SS is also fantastic and is on top of things. I must say that at the sales process I nearly walked away as it was difficult trying to get prices and estimating costs.

Building a house can take it’s time and definitely raises your stress level. I found dealing with PD to be quiet fluid and easy. I sure that I will experience situations during the build which will stress me out but I have an excellent SS which will resolve problems which come along the way. Best of luck with the build and once you start

Hi tstr1a,
I’m pleased to read about your experience and the feedback you are offering to members. It would really give people who are signing or about to sign some relief to hear that most people find it difficult at some point and that it can be somewhat stressful. We really try to make the process as pain-free as possible but there is a lot of detail when building a house. By the way, congratulations on your slab.
Cheers, Ebony
tstr1a, congrats on the slab! I hear New Home Inspections is good, I used the Building Watchdog and found Malcolm very thorough! Keep us posted
cattycatcat
Hmmm it seems to be the process with all builders. We were bullied into using H3nl3ys broker in our last house (We were 3 days away from signing a contract with H3nl3y and pulled out over a huge range of issues) and really don't want to go through it again. We have our own broker. We have our pre approval and our block (WOOHOO WE HAVE A BLOCK) I don't want to have to waste my time being told that everything we have done is wrong. (that's how we got sucked into using the H3nl3y broker last time)

We actually found Waterstone to be great. A lot better than the guy through Choice when we were originally going with PD.

In answer to the original question you don't have to go with any broker if you want. They just want assurances you can afford it and a pre-approval will do that
Still no sign of us starting.. sigh..
mel_mox
Hi everyone,
Very happy with my SS! He is onto everything so far & communicates regulary on what's going on.
My husband & in are really pleased with PD ATM!
Hopefully it continues.
But I will admit there have been some things that I argued, but didn't win!!!
But overall the quality of our build has been good & not really mmy CSR as I'm onto no 4! So that has been disappointing but all 4 of them have been fantastic in efficiency & following thru on requests & questions!
I did pray for a good SS prior to our build starting & I did get one! Lol
I don't have anything negative to say about PD & we are at lock up stage!
Let's hope it continues!
Mel

Hi Mel_Mox,
Overall I was pleased to read your post and I’m glad to hear things are on track, I hope it stays that way too. But I’m sorry to hear your disappointment about your Building Coordinator (CSR) – feel free to speak to me about it if you like via PM. Or be sure to mention this in your final feedback. Keep us up to date on your progress. Cheers, Ebony
Hi ebony not dissaponted with any of my csr's just saying that I have had 4 due to high turn around in staff. They were all really good
. Would of been good to just have 1 or 2 max! Lol
humble
Still no sign of us starting.. sigh..

What's happening Humble? Still paperwork related delays?
Quick land update - It's getting closer and closer by the day! The road has been tarred and sealed, and the crossovers and footpaths are boxed ready for concrete. The streetlights are in and all services are done.

There is decorative stone that still needs to be laid at an intersection, but given the great weather we've had, I'm sure all this will be done in the next week or so, with certificate of compliance issued before the end of the month!

Fingers crossed we have a block to build this house on in a month!!
mel_mox
Hi ebony not dissaponted with any of my csr's just saying that I have had 4 due to high turn around in staff. They were all really good
. Would of been good to just have 1 or 2 max! Lol

Hi Mel_Mox,

Oh I see - I understand, yes it’s not very ideal but I’m glad to hear they’ve been really good. How are your decorating ideas coming along?
Cheers, Ebony
Hi all,

Need some help/advice. Still doing paperwork with bank. Haven't started building as yet.
Bank has sent off the paperwork that the loan has been approved but PD are wanting the copy of our signed loan contract. I don't understand why. It's our personal info on that paperwork and we don't want to hand it out willy nilly and as long as the bank has officially notified PD in writing that the loan has been approved this should be sufficient to start building.

Did anyone give PD copies of their Signed Loan Contract.

Thanks in advance.
eli-kay123

Thanks in advance.

We didn't. We were asked for 2 things:
- A letter from the bank confirming that the loan had been unconditionally approved (with loan number, our names and the amount available).
- An ACC form (Authority to Commence Construction), which was a pro-forma, completed by the bank (their details, key contact, loan amount, loan number) and counter-signed by us.

As part of all the loan paperwork, we also got a schedule of payments, which showed who the interested parties were, how much we had already contributed and how much each progress payment would be (based on the %'ages in the contract). We weren;t asked to supply this, but gave it to them anyway as it was a good summary.
Rups
eli-kay123

Thanks in advance.

We didn't. We were asked for 2 things:
- A letter from the bank confirming that the loan had been unconditionally approved (with loan number, our names and the amount available).
- An ACC form (Authority to Commence Construction), which was a pro-forma, completed by the bank (their details, key contact, loan amount, loan number) and counter-signed by us.

As part of all the loan paperwork, we also got a schedule of payments, which showed who the interested parties were, how much we had already contributed and how much each progress payment would be (based on the %'ages in the contract). We weren;t asked to supply this, but gave it to them anyway as it was a good summary.

Thanks Rups,

I just got off the phone with my bank manager and he said it is unusual for a builder to request the copy of the signed loan contract as it details how much we borrowed and interest we're paying etc... My bank manager said it's none of their business and as long as they have received the notification from the bank that the loan has been approved this is all they need for them to start building.

UPDATE:

I just rang HIA and they put me on to Consumer Affairs. I explained the situation to Consumer Affairs (domestic building dept) and the gentlement read the HIA Contract clause "Essential Information" out to me and told me that they don't need the copy of our signed Loan Document Contract and the formal approval they received from the bank is sufficient for them to start building. He also said if PD keep pushing for these documents for me to go to the next stage and make a formal complaint.
Waiting Waiting Waiting !!!!!

I’m highly disappointed due to the time that it takes to handover the house. Now it has been taken 6 weeks after the PCI & still the house is not ready to be settled. All the defects which were there would have been fixed in maximum of 3 weeks, but it has been taken a longer time & tired of waiting.
Whenever I called the supervisor he keeps on telling me that the house would be ready by next week, but this “next week” have not yet come to us... Sounds like we are going to have a second PCI & the date has not been announced..

Has anyone else face to a similar situation.
Roshi

I’m highly disappointed due to the time that it takes to handover the house. Now it has been taken 6 weeks after the PCI & still the house is not ready to be settled. All the defects which were there would have been fixed in maximum of 3 weeks, but it has been taken a longer time & tired of waiting.
Whenever I called the supervisor he keeps on telling me that the house would be ready by next week, but this “next week” have not yet come to us... Sounds like we are going to have a second PCI & the date has not been announced..

Hi Roshi,

I am sorry to hear you are having difficulties communicating with your SS and that handover has been delayed. I understand your frustration and want to help you. I will have someone from PD office follow up with your Site Supervisor. I appreciate your patience. Please keep me in the loop with your progress. Regards, Ebony
Hi Guys,

Hope someone can shed some light about the timeframes for Building permits.

Here is the story...I bought land in melbourne west which is already titled. I have signed the contract with PD on 20th June. The CSR called me a week later and said they have to apply for building permit because I chose higher ceilings and my garage was too close to the boundary (or something like that), which would cost $650. Has anyone had this?

My second question is how long would it take to get the building permits? Its been nearly 2 months since i've signed the contract and more than a month I've settled my land and waiting for the building permit. When I contact PD for a timeframe, they have been saying next few days for a month now.

I am sitting ducks and paying the interest on the land which is not an ideal situation.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Team PD
Roshi

Hi Roshi,

I am sorry to hear you are having difficulties communicating with your SS and that handover has been delayed. I understand your frustration and want to help you. I will have someone from PD office follow up with your Site Supervisor. I appreciate your patience. Please keep me in the loop with your progress. Regards, Ebony

Hi Ebony,

Thanks for your feedback & attempting to help me out in the process of handover.

Finally, this morning I was able to contact my SS & was able to place a date for the final inspection which will be on coming Friday.

Fingers crossed, hope everything will be fine & we will be able to get the house on friday.

Regards,
Roshi...
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum