Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fairhaven Homes

Page 15 of 25
Bergman58
Not having the slab poured can be disappointing but if the weather isnt right it can effect the quality of the slab.
I think our slab got delayed about 7 time over two months due to rain.
Other slabs around the estate that poured at the same time as ours got delayed had issues and had to be repaired
(i used to spend a lot of time driving around the estate checking everything out and talked to a lot of the owners lol)

I agree, I much rather have a quality slab and have the delays. It has been more frustrating the limited communication I have had with the builder regarding the delays. I would be fine with a simple SMS.

Anyway... Slab has finally been poured. YAY. Hopefully will be able to visit this weekend.
CalicoCat
Bergman58
Not having the slab poured can be disappointing but if the weather isnt right it can effect the quality of the slab.
Other slabs around the estate that poured at the same time as ours got delayed had issues and had to be repaired
(i used to spend a lot of time driving around the estate checking everything out and talked to a lot of the owners lol)

I agree, I much rather have a quality slab and have the delays. It has been more frustrating the limited communication I have had with the builder regarding the delays. I would be fine with a simple SMS.

Anyway... Slab has finally been poured. YAY. Hopefully will be able to visit this weekend.

Excellent news! Let's hope it's all smooth sailing from here
CalicoCat
Bergman58

Fantastic that's a relief for you. Fingers crossed everything straight fwd from here 😆
Does anyone know if Fairhaven is supposed to pay for water usage during the build? Recently received our water bill.
No unfortunately, you pay for water.
They pay for power though.

All the extra bonus bills add up when you dont actually have the house

Make sure you keep aside money for a tv aerial and $300 new home estate connection fee for the NBN as well.
Tee NBN one surprised me because i though it was included in the cost of the NBN requirements for the estate but no its a government charge on top.

THe TV cost us $350 in werribee for a double story
Bergman58
No unfortunately, you pay for water.
They pay for power though.

All the extra bonus bills add up when you dont actually have the house

Make sure you keep aside money for a tv aerial and $300 new home estate connection fee for the NBN as well.
Tee NBN one surprised me because i though it was included in the cost of the NBN requirements for the estate but no its a government charge on top.

THe TV cost us $350 in werribee for a double story

Woww I am pretty sure at tender appointment we were told that they would pay for water usage but will double check.

We have already paid for TV antenna but will look out for NBN cost. It all definitely adds up. So many extra bills you need to pay when you own a house compared to renting.

Did you do the landscaping yourself? I recently got a quote for landscaping and almost fell off my chair looking at the $$$
My frame has started which is exciting and my windows are on site. Fingers crossed they don't get stolen. Supposedly my neighbours stole the mesh for the slab (they put it in their front yard...
). I have a family member who is keeping an eye on things for me. He has building experience and according to him the people who prepare my slab didn't do a very good job. I'm glad he was there to advocate for me.

Hopefully all that is behind me and on to the frame!
CalicoCat
My frame has started which is exciting and my windows are on site. Fingers crossed they don't get stolen. Supposedly my neighbours stole the mesh for the slab (they put it in their front yard...
). I have a family member who is keeping an eye on things for me. He has building experience and according to him the people who prepare my slab didn't do a very good job. I'm glad he was there to advocate for me.

Wow so exciting! I'm a little bit jealous 😜
Our frame should start next week (4th time lucky) and it's been 2 months since our slab was poured.

Hopefully the framework is much better quality for you.
CalicoCat

Great news! Such a shame that your neighbor would do such a thing!
JCM1
CalicoCat

Our frame should start next week (4th time lucky) and it's been 2 months since our slab was poured.

Wow that's a long wait for frame. What is their excuse?
Bronte19
JCM1
CalicoCat

Wow that's a long wait for frame. What is their excuse?

Change in ss and then unexpected leave with the new ss. The two other builds on my street have progressed so quickly and I was getting so frustrated going past my slab everyday only to see nothing had happened. Hopefully smooth sailing ahead.

How is your build going?
jcm1

Hopefully it starts soon for you. It moves rapidly once frame starts to go up and it's very exciting.

I am expecting to see some brickwork when I visit on Sunday. Although weather hasn't been the best this whole week.
The straightened the walls for plaster as well.
Loving all these pics
. You guys are lucky, i don't even title until March / April next year!

There's quite a few people here who have just recently been through the colours and selections. I was wondering if any of you could tell me what the price difference is between cat2 laminate and cat1 (we have cat1 included). Also does anyone here know of anyone building with Fiarhaven who's gone for Vinyl?
TIA
Jcm1 that's ridiculous isn't it. If your SS not available to get things organised they should have a backup person to do it!

Hope everything runs smoothly from now on 😀
I bet you are excited to see your bricks laid 😀
Bronte19
@jcm1

Hopefully it starts soon for you. It moves rapidly once frame starts to go up and it's very exciting.

I am expecting to see some brickwork when I visit on Sunday. Although weather hasn't been the best this whole week.
The straightened the walls for plaster as well.

I bet you are excited to see your bricks laid 😀

Were the wall frames crooked?
Maccar81
Loving all these pics

There's quite a few people here who have just recently been through the colours and selections. I was wondering if any of you could tell me what the price difference is between cat2 laminate and cat1 (we have cat1 included). Also does anyone here know of anyone building with Fiarhaven who's gone for Vinyl?
TIA

Hi Maccar81
Which house are you building?
We have cat 2 laminate flooring will get back to you with the price difference later today. Think it was only about $300 but don't quote me on that. And of course depends on the size of the house. We will be building Bronte191 if our land ever gets finished.
GEOnTREY
Maccar81
Loving all these pics

TIA

Hi Maccar81
We have cat 2 laminate flooring will get back to you with the price difference later today. Think it was only about $300 but don't quote me on that. And of course depends on the size of the house. We will be building Bronte191 if our land ever gets finished.

We are building the Tahlee 285 so i guess if i just use your sqm rate and apply to mine ill be somewhere in the ballpark. Well in theory!
Maccar812
GEOnTREY
Maccar81
Loving all these pics

TIA

Hi Maccar81

We are building the Tahlee 285 so i guess if i just use your sqm rate and apply to mine ill be somewhere in the ballpark. Well in theory!

We paid $4.5k for Cat 2 laminate flooring as it was not included in our promo
Related
22/11/2023
Reviews on Fairhaven homes

Building A New House

We are looking to do a KDR with fairhaven homes, Have seen plenty of good reviews about them pre construction and plenty of negative reviews about them during contruction…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum