Page 15 of 17
bestspecials
CC7
bestspecials
Handover due for Friday. Yay!!

Things to do -
Ring council and request bins - Done
Contact Telstra and organise phone and nbn - Done
Ring Insurance Company and organise insurance - to be done tonight as I can't do it online (new estate)
Driveway/ landscaper meeting on Saturday
Ring Pest People to do the termite protection for the driveway - Done
Electricity already connected with Origin - Done
Contact Australia Post for mail redirection - Done
Breathe - Done
:)

yay all organised!

We have done bins and insurance haha. What do the pest guys put down for the termite protection

Such a pain!!

If Coral aren't doing your driveway, and you have rendered walls next to the driveway, they need to do a termite barrier between the driveway and the rendered walls as termites can eat through render. Nasty little buggars. Got a quote today from the pest people who did the house and around $240.

Thank you so much for that. Our sales person did mention it at sign up, but wanted a know an around price to go by so we can add it to our growing list haha
HANDOVER DAY!! And 5 days early

Our Site Superviser has taken us on a fantastic ride. I couldn't recommend him enough, so if you are building in the same area and have Sean as your SS, you are in for a great build.

Hopefully, the outdoor space comes up as good as the house.
bestspecials
HANDOVER DAY!!

Yayyyyyyy! Congrats! Do you start the move today or tomorrow?
CC7
bestspecials
HANDOVER DAY!!

Yayyyyyyy! Congrats! Do you start the move today or tomorrow?

We will be moving little stuff over the next week and the movers don't come until 8 August.
The plan is to have the driveway, fence, turfing done before we move in so the pets have somewhere to go.
That way, I can also get the curtains and blinds in before we move in too.
Oh that’s a really good idea! I wish our house wasn’t 35/40 mins away from our current place hahahha, would make things a lot easier. Lucky we have 3 family/friends with utes willing to help us out with the move

Love your plan, we plan to have dirt as landscaping for a while so I’m jealous you have that sorted, as well as the driveway
Congrats!
How exciting!! Congrats guys!!
Congratulations, hope its a fun day for you!

CC7 -
Being only 20-25 mins away does make it a bit easier.
And the company we used last time only charged $500, so we are using them again.

Was really worried that I was going to end up with dirt for landscaping, but we found a landscaper who is doing the lot (driveway, fences, rendered garden bed, steps to front door, stones, pavers and turf). I am really hoping that the landscaping looks the same way as it looks in my head.

Something like this for the front

And this for the back
-
omg your landscaping ideas look amazing!

how did handover go?
CC7
omg your landscaping ideas look amazing!

how did handover go?

Handover went great. I have been cleaning and moving some stuff in. The builders clean is fine, but I am now doing a thorough clean.
Driveway starts tomorrow.
Removalist comes next Wednesday.
Hoping it all comes together right.
Yay congrats guys!!🎉🎉🎉🍷🍷
Oh I’m sure it will all come together nicely! So exciting
CC7

Thanks, maybe I will sleep better when it's done.
I think the landscaping is freaking me out more than the actual build.
bestspecials
CC7

That's the last on our list to be honest, seems like too much brain work right now to be honest haha. We want to get our security screens and back fence in asap after handover on Monday. Really don't know when to start moving stuff in

oh, driveway....
CC7
bestspecials
CC7

That's the last on our list to be honest, seems like too much brain work right now to be honest haha. We want to get our security screens and back fence in asap after handover on Monday. Really don't know when to start moving stuff in

oh, driveway....

Congrats for handover on Monday.
I am pretty sure the landscaper and my husband think I'm an idiot. Driveway has been boxed up ready for pour on Monday. Post holes dug and ready for concrete on Monday too. I think I need to put my faith in him and stop asking dumb questions. 😁😁
Haha no such thing as dumb questions. Especially if you are curious to the process
I'm exhausted. We are in. Yay!!!

Driveway done. Curtains up. Lots of boxes to unpack.

Fencing nearly finished. Stones down on left side of house.
Stones and pavers on right side being done on Tuesday.
Grass to backyard to go down on Wednesday.
Front landscaping starting Thursday. Hopefully finished by 24 August.

AND, they have just started the houses on either side. Aargh!!
So amazing! Annoying you have builds on both sides starting now, but what can you do. We had the back lot of us being cut the first day we were in, was fun watching it when we were having breaky. Back fence went up the next day

Make sure the fittings are tight on your hot water system. We came home today with a swimming pool to the side of our house if he house after a quick trip to ikea. Plumber came out in the arvo and wasn’t happy to how loose they were. I’m just grateful it wasn’t inside the house haha
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum