Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

ADH - custom KDR in Clearview. Countdown to handover!!

Page 15 of 21
Nawsome
Hope your ss can find a brickie soon. It's was saying that wet weather really delays them as the bricks get heavier when wet so they can only go up so far when laying them to keep the mortar even. So hoping for lots of dry weather at the moment

Wow looking good. Like the roof color. Looks very smart

Nawsome
Hope your ss can find a brickie soon. It's was saying that wet weather really delays them as the bricks get heavier when wet so they can only go up so far when laying them to keep the mortar even. So hoping for lots of dry weather at the moment

Ah ok, well yes 🤞 for dry weather. Are you having any kind of wrap on your place ?
Not planned, but if bricks are delayed, they'll wrap it and will start on the inside work

Nawsome
Not planned, but if bricks are delayed, they'll wrap it and will start on the inside work

Cool, our SS said the same thing but he’s hoping not to.
SS called dh today.
So we are next on the list to get bricked, but might still be 1-2 weeks. Apparently weather today and yesterday really delaying them. He talked about wrapping the house again with dh and recommended waiting. If the hous eis wrapped now, they can start with the internals, but there is a risk of the wrapping being damaged or vandalised which affects the quality of it all. So he prefers to wrap and brick at same time. Shouldn't delay completion dates, so we just have to wait the next 1-2 weeks and hope for no rain! I have looked at BOM and next week is looking dry
I’m glad we are all bricked up now, hopefully weather holds for you.
when you find the perfect pendant for the dining room, but can't justify the price
better buy a lotto ticket!!
https://www.micalighting.com.au/berly12 ... smoke.html
Nawsome
when you find the perfect pendant for the dining room, but can't justify the price
better buy a lotto ticket!!
https://www.micalighting.com.au/berly12 ... smoke.html

Wow 😱 and they want extra for bulbs and a transformer.
So even though we've had the electrical completed for first fix, we have gone through our plan walking through and adding more. We are now getting ethernet ports to all main rooms and another 4 powerpoints. Costing a bit to get it done now, but cheaper then if we had to do it down the track.

We are also stalking a house a block away from our rental . Out walking the dog and found a house being built by our builder which is the house in front of us in build times (confirmed by ss). Their bricks started going up last week, so when they are done, it's our turn.

Good news about the bricks. Hope you get some favorable weather. The next few days is looking dicey then it's fining up

Think it will be another week before its starts, but at least we know is getting closer.
Have you heard any days yet for yours?

Think it will be soon. They asked us to remove soil from the scrap at front of block because brickies will need that space to mix concrete.

Wood up for pendant lights for kitchen and dining. Going to have to rethink the dining area though. Hard to see (will get better pics) but the x is where the dining pendant was put by the electrician. My foot is where the table corner is, so won't be centred over table. It was put there as it will be in the middle of the downlights.
Current thoughts are to not have dining pendant or to not have downlights on that area. Not really sure which way to go :/

Nawsome
Wood up for pendant lights for kitchen and dining. Going to have to rethink the dining area though. Hard to see (will get better pics) but the x is where the dining pendant was put by the electrician. My foot is where the table corner is, so won't be centred over table. It was put there as it will be in the middle of the downlights.
Current thoughts are to not have dining pendant or to not have downlights on that area. Not really sure which way to go :/

Having pendants in both the kitchen and dining can sometimes be too much i think anyway... Not having pendants in your dining will offer more flexibility going forward. Good luck!
Think we've decided on the kitchen pendants. Going a smokey glass which we love but also think they'll not be too dominating.

The house in front of us looks like if they are not finished Bricking today, it'll be finished Monday, so not long now (fx).
Also heard that our kitchen is just about ready to go, so once those bricks are up, it will be all systems go

Dirty big pile of sand! Not long for bricks now

Woo, that’s a good sign !
Looks like the brickies are finished their last job and are up to our place

Looks like everyone is getting bricked now. Maybe tomorrow?

Yep, staying tomorrow. Itching to see a wall up and check the colour against the roof

Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum