Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

BL- Coral - Grange 26 - Week 21 - its like a lottery

Page 15 of 26
cat_dunc
Hey are there others following you building in Billy’s lookout? I want to ask about Schooling choices and thoughts

Hey Cat no not really but I can check on BL private fb page for you. My kids are staying where they are as only 10mins away I think a lot seem to be doing the same for those in school already but not sure about those with littlies.

Week 4:

Frames up and roof trusses on

Gutters & Facias booked for end of week weather permitting 🤞🤞🤞

Wow! Looking good BrownDog! 👍🏼😁
Awesome progress!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
My goodness it’s flying along!

BrownDog77
Week 4:

Looking great! What Facade did you go for?

Follow our Build:
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=85959
cat_dunc
My goodness it’s flying along!

Haha until the rain hits! How did you go last night did you get that hail? It was crazy & scarey

Tracyt
BrownDog77
Week 4:

Looking great! What Facade did you go for?

Follow our Build:
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=85959

We chose St Kilda in the end, was Ventura originally and I loved the new one retro/urban?!?
but it's $$$$
so couldn't justify it
we are going to stack stone our pillars eventually & chose bigger window at front
so happy for you cant believe your so close now

Just want to let anyone building for the first time know if the slab looks small don't stress wait until frames so much better
so excited to see my WIR (oops ours
) & WIP so big!!!! Compared to what we have currently

Frame stage is SO exciting. It was my favourite stage
You can walk through it and day dream. Are your kids excited? Have they chosen rooms?

Take loads of pictures and measurements where the studs are if you're planning to hang or wall mount/secure shelves and art work etc. I've referred back to our frame pictures heaps to make sure we don't hit electricity and water/gas pipes.

I was in town for the hail but my neighbours told us our dogs escaped twice during it! God love them, the neighbours ran out twice in the hail to put the dogs back in. Dogs had cover of course but they just FREAKED. It wouldve been pretty darn loud on our patio roof!
Oh your poor dogs it would’ve been so scary for them & loud. Mine were trying to get outside too it was all a bit crazy lol yes going to take lots of pics & put up some noggins for tvs, & things thanks for tips do you add 5mm for plasterboard ? Oops sent before finishing kids are excited & fighting already over who’s having which room. Oldest wanted the garage not knowing what it was lol

The garage
I’d pick that one too!

Hmm plasterboard comes in different depths. It’s most likely 10mm.

cat_dunc
The garage
I’d pick that one too!

Wait till the plaster goes on and you can walk the hallways and actually picture furniture in each of the rooms. Looks great by the way

cat_dunc
The garage
I’d pick that one too!

Oh yes 10mm sounds better
did you see tomoz forecast 36! You will be loving pool

BrownDog77
Oh yes 10mm sounds better
did you see tomoz forecast 36! You will be loving pool

Wow! No i didnt see that. I hope it is so we can finally use it without freezing!
Wow!! I'm not on here for a while and look at you!! You have a slab and the bones of your house up!!! Congrats!!
H Family
cat_dunc
The garage
I’d pick that one too!

Wait till the plaster goes on and you can walk the hallways and actually picture furniture in each of the rooms. Looks great by the way

I will be very excited

charlibear
Wow!! I'm not on here for a while and look at you!! You have a slab and the bones of your house up!!! Congrats!!

Thanks CB yes very exciting
I hope your still loving your beautiful home

Week 6 -Roof & Sarking

Roof tiles
ristile classic range “Gunmetal”

Looking great! Hey, was sarking included in your tile upgrade? I recall you only paying seven hundred and something to upgrade your tiles....
Related
9/04/2024
Colorbond roof can you extend its life?

General Discussion

You should pressure clean your roof first and make sure the paint you buy also is anti mould.

24/08/2023
Old Covenants in NSW - Something I learnt this week

Building A New House

Hi Everyone I learned something this week that I thought would be worth sharing. In NSW a lot of developers of subdivisions put covenants on the land which normally…

29/09/2023
What did this fireplace look like and restoration suggestion

General Discussion

No the fireplace doesn’t work. It’s been enclosed. I’m not sure what was removed, as it was done quite some time ago - well before what I can see with photos online…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum