Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

GJ Gardner - Rosewood 225 Modified - Riverstone Crossing

Page 15 of 15
Oh no your pop, that's just bloody frustrating
So sorry for all your frustrations with handover! and definitely a stress on your pop!

Congrats for keys btw!!
aloenyx
Sounds like they've handed over a half finished house ;-; feel for you with all those issues. Your poor Pop having to wait that long!!! They always do that, my blinds people said 10-12, so I got there are 9.30, then got there at 1.30pm!!
/quote]
It is honestly like that - nearly every single trade needs to come back for repairs. It is definitely the industry isn't it, but you always hope they'll show up on time just once!

vonsta76
Oh wow how incredibly frustrating for your pop
. My nephew's girlfriend experienced the same thing last week but nothing to do with the builder. She had handover 2 weeks ago and arranged electricity with AGL. Last Wednesday she still hadn't moved in , and AGL asked her to be at the house between 1 and 6 pm so a service guy could come and do a visual check. He ended up coming close to 6 and she had no tv or internet etc either.

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406

They surely had to know it'd be closer to the end of the range than the middle and could have given her a better indication, I find it so rude! Especially when there's no electricity, internet, tv etc

charlibear
Oh no your pop, that's just bloody frustrating

We're thinking we'll invite him over for dinner this weekend to apologise on their behalf... he'd do anything for us and even though he says it's okay it's still not fair!

ruraldoc
So sorry for all your frustrations with handover! and definitely a stress on your pop!

Congrats for keys btw!!

Thanks rural! We're hoping next time we ask for him to be there to let trades in he doesn't have to wait as long! Especially with the number of trades we have coming back...
Hi jmart! I'm glad you got keys to your home now but so disappointed with the quality of work and how trades have mucked you around. Hope you are moving in smoothly...post photos when you can!

I'm not sure what's happening with the Tapatalk app but it won't let me upload any other photos
these will have to do for now until I can work it out!

Living, dining, kitchen and the half of our media that doesn't need walls replaced

yarraland
Hi jmart! I'm glad you got keys to your home now but so disappointed with the quality of work and how trades have mucked you around. Hope you are moving in smoothly...post photos when you can!

Thanks yarra! It's so disappointing sometimes knowing that we're just a number to them but this is our home!

Excuse that the fridge is so far out, we're keeping everything off the walls until all repairs are done!

Oh, love it!!!
DD Your house is gorgeous and I love your furniture.
Loving your pics of your gorgeous home jmart. Your kitchen is stunning and the orange colour of your Liliums add a great pop of colour.
Gorgeous Jmart. Are you loving the paint colour? I still haven't decided what we are doing yet but the snow season looks just lovely especially with that dark carpet.

Looks gorgeous!!! The paint colour just suits everything so well!!!
Could be a nice hiding spot... behind the fridge!?

But agree with everyone! Amazing looking common areas with all your furniture in!
aloenyx
Oh, love it!!!
DD Your house is gorgeous and I love your furniture.

Thank you!

HENRY
Loving your pics of your gorgeous home jmart. Your kitchen is stunning and the orange colour of your Liliums add a great pop of colour.

Thanks henry! We do love the kitchen! The only downside with the lily's is the pollen staining the bench lol

shellu
Gorgeous Jmart. Are you loving the paint colour? I still haven't decided what we are doing yet but the snow season looks just lovely especially with that dark carpet.

Thanks shelly
We do love the paint colour! Especially against the white skirting/window frames etc and it is a good contrast against the carpet - I think you'd love it!

charlibear
Looks gorgeous!!! The paint colour just suits everything so well!!!

Thanks CB! We love how it's all come together!

ruraldoc
Could be a nice hiding spot... behind the fridge!?

But agree with everyone! Amazing looking common areas with all your furniture in!

Haha yes, best hiding spot! Thanks rural, the feel of the whole area changes once the furniture goes in. I can't decide if it looks bigger or smaller though lol
I think it looks really warm and homely. 😁 neither too cluttered nor too sparse and empty. I'm hoping our furniture and colour sections will turn out but will just have to wait til ours is done too...😂
Oh! I didn't think about the pollen.
That makes sense, I'll have to remember not to put flowers on my benchtop.

How's the settling in going jmart?
ruraldoc
I think it looks really warm and homely. 😁 neither too cluttered nor too sparse and empty. I'm hoping our furniture and colour sections will turn out but will just have to wait til ours is done too...😂

Aw thank you

We still have things to buy to give it more of a homely feel (rugs, plants, photos!!) but that will come in time...

It's so hard waiting haha, I'm sure it will all come together nicely!
HENRY

Absolutely flowers, alwaysss flowers haha, just watch the lillies! Peonies or roses would look very nice

Settling in nicely - we had our parents and grandparents over for dinner and breakfast over the weekend so it's starting to feel more like home!

Still waiting on GJ to fix the defects though, we don't even have a date or any communication for that matter
Your home is so beautiful Jmart.... I'm totally jealous!!!
❤️

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
jmart90
HENRY

Absolutely flowers, alwaysss flowers haha, just watch the lillies! Peonies or roses would look very nice

Settling in nicely - we had our parents and grandparents over for dinner and breakfast over the weekend so it's starting to feel more like home!

Still waiting on GJ to fix the defects though, we don't even have a date or any communication for that matter

It's always nice sharing your new home with loved ones.
And that feeling of using the new cooktop, oven etc. in a brand new kitchen!
Related
11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum