Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

GJ Gardner - Mandalay 298 - QLD

Page 15 of 19
That's a little reassuring.... had a quick walk through this afternoon and wondered if the walls were too dark/grey. We requested the same as the display home - might go for another look through it. Went to take some more photos without the windows covered but the camera came up with 'no memory card' hahaha
That paint colour looks perfect!

Thanks Fiat - we just popped over as the family to have a quick look, quite late in the day (5:30pm light) and it looked good - not as dark as the image I took away with me earlier. With lights, flooring and furniture it will be as we planned. How's your place going?
Shed is massive!!! Love the wall colour!! Your place is looking gorgeous

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Thanks CB.... I keep checking in to see how your build's going.... hopefully soon for you and once it starts it's all smooth.

Electrical fit-out looks to be complete (except for shed and ducted a/c). We have a clothes line too! Not sure what's next.... possible BBQ cabinets, shed gyprocking, plumbing (I'm guessing this will be after BBQ cabinet)..... floorboards are early December, so following week. Still unsure of hand-over date - hopefully we'll hear soon. Happy that things are happening each day though.

Oh wow!! I love it! Your entry lights look amazing, as do the kitchen pendants!

Your house looks stunning hazza

Thanks... we have both our parents visiting this weekend and it was nice for them to walk through and see it.

Looking great!!
Love your wall colour. Although I'm biased coz that's the colour we painted our last house haha

Got a quick look through this morning. Most taps are fitted.... forgot photo of pantry tap (kitchen sink, BBQ cabinet/sink not installed yet).
Floorboards are starting today. Can't wait for them to tie everything together.

Wow I didn't realise you were at this stage already!! Wowza looking amaze balls

Have you been given a PCI date?

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
No PCI yet... Christmas is a slight chance but if that doesn't play out it's likely around the new year which will be great as we'll be on holidays and it will be good to get some yardwork and other jobs done before a chaotic return to work.

Looks awesome

Omg Hazza that looks beautiful!!

Thanks Yarraland and Livpal... we can't wait to move in and enjoy it now

Bit more happened in this heat wave over the last few days.

Floorboards are mostly in - just the skirting that needs to go on by the looks of it.

Shower screen is mostly installed, along with mirrors in bathroom, powder room and ensuite.

Fencing posts are installed for rear boundary, two sides and around the pool - neighbour has even put up a 'trendy' screen due to our pool site being raised - not sure I'm a fan of the off balance palings but in time we'll have plants screen his screen

Ducted air-con vents are installed, along with the control panel - main units still to be placed (at the end I'm guessing).

Bought a water tank (11 000L) with a pump in the same colour as the shed - will be delivered on Tuesday.

Insulation for the shed is ready - I'm guessing they're waiting for plaster delivery to get it going - it's been pre-wired.

Have also bought window furnishings - all except for stacker doors - roller blinds in grey, except full length windows in Bed 2 are white timber blinds. Some are double (sheer and block-out) some are just block-out.

Driveway to shed, path along shed, garden shed (6.2 x 3.2m) and water tank (3x3m) concreting likely to be formed and poured this week coming - possibly the exposed aggregate (eclipse) around pool area also. Now that we're deciding to aggregate rather than tile around the pool deck, I'm hoping I can make the driveway bigger (at the shed end) as going aggregate will be cheaper
than tiling.

Left side fencing posts

Pool fencing posts

Rear fence posts (looking into the property)

Ensuite with mirror

Master bedroom floorboards

Master bedroom with floorboards

Master bedroom entry

Powder room with mirror

Bed 3 with floorboards

Main bathroom with shower screen and mirror

Main bathroom shower screen mostly installed

Ducter air-con vents installed

Bed 2 floorboards

Storage cupboard

Shed insulation delivered

Lounge with floorboards - ducted air-con panel on wall near kitchen

Bed 4 with floorboards

Lounge other way with floorboards

Pantry tap

Neighbour's 'trendy' screen

Marking out driveway pad - small black marker with line to small pink stake with line to left of shed - (few other lines but hoping to keep the long one to help maneuver boat and trailers into shed)

Right hand side fence posts with gate opening of 3.5m
Looking good! Love the "trendy" screen lol oh well I'm sure you will be too busy looking at your amazing house for quite a while to notice while your plants grow

Follow my build

viewtopic.php?t=83885
I love looking at your house pics!! It's coming together so well! I hope you guys love it as much as we love ours

Buildingonup - yeah, the screen is on the unused side of the house and no biggie at all - he did approach us last week and ask if we were going to do a screen, when I replied - we'll put a garden bed along there - he obviously wanted something more immediate.

Fiat - we can't wait - wish we started when you did - we'd be enjoying the pool already!
Related
11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum