Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Mainvue Emporio ER430 - Knockdown and Rebuild

Page 15 of 17
Ok thanks, let me know if you get the number.

I'm sure he could fit your job in given the incentive. Every man has his price

John
What's happening? When are you moving in?

viewtopic.php?t=78112
Good to see things are progressing at your end.

We have our NHP tomorrow morning.
So all going well, we might have the keys in 1-2 weeks depending on what needs to be addressed.

Had a walk through with the SS last week which highlighted the usual nicks on the plaster and archs
that need to be touched up. The main issue I picked up was the nail holes around the archs and on
the window reveals. Hopefully these have been rectified in preparation for tomorrow.
Other issue is the tiling in a couple of areas.

Been focused on the post handover jobs.
Fencer started today and should be done tomorrow (side and rear fence).
Wardrobe fitout is starting to worry me, the guy I pinned my hopes on seems to be taking a while to revise the quote.
Wow that's exciting. Congrats. You're going to be in by Christmas! Yay.
Those post handover jobs are making my head spin. Especially the pool!
I have put off our fencer a few times as neighbours are keen to get it done, it's falling down. And our wardrobe will have to wait, we'll deal with the basic one for a bit.
Good luck for tomorrow, and let us know how you go.

viewtopic.php?t=78112
Congrats on the news. Being in by Chrissy will make for an awesome xmas present. Keen to see your plans for the wardrobe fit out once you're in, we have two to deck out

Ok so we had our NHP on Tuesday.

Believe Mainvue manages the process differently to most other builders because you meet with the Handover Supervisor rather your Site Supervisor for the NHP.

Basically, I walked around with the Handover Supervisor and we dotted any areas that required attention (similar to the PCI walkthrough with the SS). At the same time, our independent inspector went around and conducted his own inspection.

The Handover Supervisor wrote down the items that needed attention with the exception of all of the paint touch ups as
these were highlighted with yellow dots.

Externally there weren't too many issues. I've sung the praises of our Bricky on multiple occasions

There is a scratch on the dining room window while the inspector picked up that some of the flashing above the garage
needed to be fixed.

Internally, there are few things to rectify in the kitchen.
- the front panel of one of the pot drawers is damaged and needs to be replaced
- the base panel of the overhead cupboard has been damage on the inside.
- drawers need to be adjusted and a couple of the supposed soft close draw runners need attention.
I think Mainvue should consider offering some quality hinges and runners as the feel of the drawers plays an important role.

Floor levels was another issue with the 4mm tolerance over 2 metres being breached in the theatre and study (initially picked up in the Frame Inspection). The other item carried forward was a hump picked up in Bed 2.

On the first floor, inspector picked up a small piece of yellow tongue that had not been securely fixed to the joists.

Other main area was the tiling with most of the issues in the kids bathroom (1 tile chipped, 1 tile has a small hole while 2 tiles near the ceiling are not flush. All the stone came up well with the exception of the bench in the upstairs powder where the bench is out of level by more than 5mm from front to back.

Vent for the ducted heater requires a bracket while the insulation needs to be checked as a number of bats have been moved since it was initially installed.

Yet to be advised how long it will take to highlight the items that need to be rectified.
Should be 2/3 weeks according to the Handover Supervisor.

Our preference is to wait for the items to be rectified before handover/settlement.
Whether or not we are in before or after xmas isn't an issue.
Priority is to minimize the amount of issues that need to be attended to post handover (can do without the hassle
of hanging around for tradies to arrive etc.)
Many congratulations and very wise of you not to be desperate to get before xmas. I think it is actually a bad time to move. One doesn't need the stress of that in top of everything else. Also you would never get the tradies out over the xmas period. What are your immediate past handover jobs?
MichaelQ
Ok so we had our NHP on Tuesday.

Believe Mainvue manages the process differently to most other builders because you meet with the Handover Supervisor rather your Site Supervisor for the NHP.

Basically, I walked around with the Handover Supervisor and we dotted any areas that required attention (similar to the PCI walkthrough with the SS). At the same time, our independent inspector went around and conducted his own inspection.

The Handover Supervisor wrote down the items that needed attention with the exception of all of the paint touch ups as
these were highlighted with yellow dots.

Externally there weren't too many issues. I've sung the praises of our Bricky on multiple occasions

There is a scratch on the dining room window while the inspector picked up that some of the flashing above the garage
needed to be fixed.

Internally, there are few things to rectify in the kitchen.
- the front panel of one of the pot drawers is damaged and needs to be replaced
- the base panel of the overhead cupboard has been damage on the inside.
- drawers need to be adjusted and a couple of the supposed soft close draw runners need attention.
I think Mainvue should consider offering some quality hinges and runners as the feel of the drawers plays an important role.

Floor levels was another issue with the 4mm tolerance over 2 metres being breached in the theatre and study (initially picked up in the Frame Inspection). The other item carried forward was a hump picked up in Bed 2.

On the first floor, inspector picked up a small piece of yellow tongue that had not been securely fixed to the joists.

Other main area was the tiling with most of the issues in the kids bathroom (1 tile chipped, 1 tile has a small hole while 2 tiles near the ceiling are not flush. All the stone came up well with the exception of the bench in the upstairs powder where the bench is out of level by more than 5mm from front to back.

Vent for the ducted heater requires a bracket while the insulation needs to be checked as a number of bats have been moved since it was initially installed.

Yet to be advised how long it will take to highlight the items that need to be rectified.
Should be 2/3 weeks according to the Handover Supervisor.

Our preference is to wait for the items to be rectified before handover/settlement.
Whether or not we are in before or after xmas isn't an issue.
Priority is to minimize the amount of issues that need to be attended to post handover (can do without the hassle
of hanging around for tradies to arrive etc.)

semerson
Many congratulations and very wise of you not to be desperate to get before xmas. I think it is actually a bad time to move. One doesn't need the stress of that in top of everything else. Also you would never get the tradies out over the xmas period. What are your immediate post handover jobs?
Thanks Semerson,

Yeah I tend to agree with you.
There is enough pressure on during this period and I sort of like the idea of pottering around and thinking things
through over that xmas/ny period when its nice and quiet.

Got a quote for exposed aggregate from a guy that did a job for a relative 6 months ago.
My quote worked out at $130 psm +gst vs $100 psm +gst. They need to make money while the sun shines
and the last few months of the year is when they can make decent coin.

Post handover jobs that are confirmed with deposits paid:
-side and rear fence (completed)
-Evap Cooling
-Blinds
-Flooring
-Carpet

Received quotes but yet to decide on:
-driveway and other concrete
-internal waredrobe fitouts
-Bobcat to level yard and transfer top soil to rear yard

DIY jobs
-Retaining wall
-landscaping (well that's what I will call it)
-decking

Hope all is going well with your new home!
Sounds great. I have abobcat man if you want his details.

This weekend we are building a 90m2 deck out of steel and spotted gum! Wish me luck!
oh wow, at the weather is going to be good, not going to be warm.
Can't wait to see the results.

Appreciate it if you can please pm the contact details for the Bobcat and how he operates.
Some seem to have min of 2 hrs while some have 6 hr mins.
I am so excited about your house Michael. I think you have a great taste.
Since you are doing flooring yourself after handover, how are you going to get them to lay the floor around the kitchen island?
MichaelQ
Thanks Semerson,

Yeah I tend to agree with you.
There is enough pressure on during this period and I sort of like the idea of pottering around and thinking things
through over that xmas/ny period when its nice and quiet.

Got a quote for exposed aggregate from a guy that did a job for a relative 6 months ago.
My quote worked out at $130 psm +gst vs $100 psm +gst. They need to make money while the sun shines
and the last few months of the year is when they can make decent coin.

Post handover jobs that are confirmed with deposits paid:
-side and rear fence (completed)
-Evap Cooling
-Blinds
-Flooring
-Carpet

Received quotes but yet to decide on:
-driveway and other concrete
-internal waredrobe fitouts
-Bobcat to level yard and transfer top soil to rear yard

DIY jobs
-Retaining wall
-landscaping (well that's what I will call it)
-decking

Hope all is going well with your new home!

Hi Michael
I am looking for someone to do our fence, was it timber fence for you? If so can you provide me some details please?
Also where did you get your blinds from?
Thank you!
So close! I'm sure they won't take long to fix them up, even though it seems like a lot.

viewtopic.php?t=78112
semerson
Sounds great. I have abobcat man if you want his details.

This weekend we are building a 90m2 deck out of steel and spotted gum! Wish me luck!

You'll have to show us some pics of that deck

viewtopic.php?t=78112
That list of things to fix is not too bad... I agree re the 'soft close' drawers - already know the quality of them is going to annoy me

Building Mainvue Emporio
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=79850
boysenberry2014
I am so excited about your house Michael. I think you have a great taste.
Since you are doing flooring yourself after handover, how are you going to get them to lay the floor around the kitchen island?

Once the kitchen installed, you don't have much choice when it comes to the flooring.
They basically butt the flooring against the island cabinets and waterfall and then use quad to finish it off.
Hi Michael
I am looking for someone to do our fence, was it timber fence for you? If so can you provide me some details please?
Also where did you get your blinds from?
Thank you!
[/quote]

Hi Tasminnn,

Yeap just your standard pine paling fence.
Whereabouts are you building? Reason is, the guy I used is based in Wandin and does most of his work in the Ringwood, Vermont area. If you around that area, happy to provide you the details as he seemed to do a good job and turned up when
he said he would.

Re the blinds, we are using A1 Blinds based in Clayton. Been around a long time and they manufacture locally.
[quote="Vino0512"]That list of things to fix is not too bad... I agree re the 'soft close' drawers - already know the quality of them is going to annoy me

The hinges on the cupboard doors you can probably live with if they are soft close.
Wait for them to go and then replace with better quality hinges.
As for the drawer runners, they will be replaced sooner rather than later with some German runners.
The chinese made runners that come as standard will included in my first hard waste collection!
Interested to hear if anyone has changed the infill above the sliders after handover.

The area above the sliders is fitted off with cement sheet and then painted the same color as the sliding doors.

Has anyone has experimented with any other finishes such as render?

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t649/michael448086/20151123_074755_zpsdzktwivp.jpg
Related
10/01/2024
To Knockdown and Rebuild or Renovate?

General Discussion

if the original house is in good condition most of what you listed could be added in stages without the need for KDR and costs and disruption of having to live elsewhere…

18/01/2024
Cost of building 3 x Townhouses after knockdown

General Discussion

multiple occ properties are always billed by trades at a premium, rarely per sqm for the lot. You either have trades you know whoe will do by sqm or youre going to get…

7/06/2023
Renting knock-down rebuild pre council/demolition

Building A New House

We've had the offer of a short term tenant whilst waiting for CDC/DA home approval and demolition for our knock down rebuild. It would achieve a pretty low rent as it's…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum