Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Simonds Sierra Gold Coast ~ Moved In PICS

Page 15 of 17
Hi stephy
Hope all is well... just wanted to ask you what you think of your porcelain tiles now that they are in? What colour grout did u go for? We went for antique white and im so afraid of it getting dirty. Im so cautious of everything my lil boy does... its driving me a bit bonkers lol lol
What type of glass splash back did you get? Starphire is clear but normal throws a green tinge... Could that be why you have a green rather than cream coloured one?
I'm pretty happy with our choice of tiles justheart, we went with a light grey grout. Haha yeah a white grout would have matched them seamlessly but we've learnt from experience that white grout is too much work for us. I can't wait to see them without a layer of dust!
yvonneh
What type of glass splash back did you get? Starphire is clear but normal throws a green tinge... Could that be why you have a green rather than cream coloured one?

Stegbar calls it clear over white. We've ended up with the wrong colour for two reasons, they are using a different supplier to the supplier the selections samples were from and they are using a cheaper glass that isn't a low iron version. The iron is what gives glass the green tinge.
I have off white porcelain tiles with white grout . Does my head in lol .but you will find any colour grout that goes next to light tiles will show up . Its hard coz we wont the look that light tiles.give us but we have to pay the price . Just heart I was just like you . But I have chilled out abit now
The key is do not mop your tiles to much . What makes your grout dirty quicker is them being wet . We are the only ones that can see the dirt . Lol . I only mop once a week and vacuum everynight in living area . I have 6 kids .but there is no walking around with food .
Thanks for the tips Melsie, I only have the oh and our furrkid to make them dirty so I'm hoping it won't be too bad. The things we do for light coloured shiny floors
StephyD
Hi guys,

I'm so sorry for the delay. Our build has not been great lately and I was taught that if you don't anything nice to say you shouldn't say anything

The tiling was finished but requires some more attention to fix up a few areas that aren't up to standard.
Our vanities are still not right and the kitchen splashback was installed over the stove area but it is the wrong colour. Electrical fit off is completed, plumbing fit off has started but can't be completed until the tiling issues are rectified. Driveway was poured today but it isn't done as per our plans and the exterior has paint all over. The base coat they've used has a lot of purple in it so our colour is looking nothing like we wanted, not sure if another coat needs to be done.

Our main area tiling, please ignore the greenish coloured splashback.

Main bathroom tiling

WC installed and floor tiles complete.

Laundry tiled and plumbing fit off complete.

Exterior with paint on.

wow !! It looks really beautiful.. What/s the height of your ceiling.? Your bathroom tiles look same as ours...
all in all ..awesome...
StephyD
TomCat
:x] gorgeous carpet. All your colours are lovely. I like the green splashback too haha. What colour should it be?

The carpet is lovely, it's an upgrade (category 3) but I'm glad we did it. Aww your so sweet TomCat! The splashback should be white, they reckon it is and that's the product I selected. The thing is I took photos of all the gallery selections and the one I selected had a supplier on the back of it, when I phoned them and told them the colour code they said it should be white with no green so I'm just waiting on a sample from them to compare.

Whats the colour of your carpet and living room tiles? I guess we selected the same stone for the kitchen bench top... Howz your house progressing...Would love to see some more photos, if you have...
Thanks harmelb, our ceilings are 3755 in the kitchen/dining/living area & 2740 through the rest of the house.

The bathroom tiles are the Portifino Lowlands and we upgraded to a gloss finish and our benchtops are ice snow.
The carpet is a CAT 3 in Brodrick colour and our main tiles are Majestic Ivory.

It's nearly finished, just waiting for the driveway and a couple of other things to be fixed and then it'll be PCI time. No more photos yet, I have to wait till the site bin is gone to get a decent external photo.

What a wonderful thread, thanks for sharing! I absolutely LOVE your raised ceilings and the windows above the stacker doors - what an amazing feature! Now you have me wanting that for my build haha
Hi StephyD, your build looks fabulous
Our build hasn't started yet, but we have chosen Caesarstone 40mm arris edge for our benchtops as well (in 'Snow', so slightly different to your colour, and no waterfall ends)... I understand this is 2x 20mm laminated together?... Just wondering if you can see a noticeable join around the edge with yours? Thanks
StephyD
Thanks harmelb, our ceilings are 3755 in the kitchen/dining/living area & 2740 through the rest of the house.

The bathroom tiles are the Portifino Lowlands and we upgraded to a gloss finish and our benchtops are ice snow.

It's nearly finished, just waiting for the driveway and a couple of other things to be fixed and then it'll be PCI time. No more photos yet, I have to wait till the site bin is gone to get a decent external photo.

Your selections are awesome....The main tiles look really good. Did you do that with Simonds?
How much did it cost you to upgrade the bathroom tiles to a gloss finish.
We have selected ice snow for our ensuite and bathroom benchtop.. For kitchen we have Osprey stonebench....
@StephyD your house is stunning- I am building with Clarendon but I have been following your build- you have great taste! How much did you pay to have the open shelving in your vanity? Clarendon have quoted me an extra $700 on top of the $250 for drawers plus obviously the normal vanity that they include.
Bonnie_p
What a wonderful thread, thanks for sharing! I absolutely LOVE your raised ceilings and the windows above the stacker doors - what an amazing feature! Now you have me wanting that for my build haha

Haha it's like when we seen the combination of the raised ceilings, stacker doors and high windows in the display home ..... we had to have them. It really creates a beautiful breeze through the house, I'm glad we did it.
jlc
Hi StephyD, your build looks fabulous
Our build hasn't started yet, but we have chosen Caesarstone 40mm arris edge for our benchtops as well (in 'Snow', so slightly different to your colour, and no waterfall ends)... I understand this is 2x 20mm laminated together?... Just wondering if you can see a noticeable join around the edge with yours? Thanks

Hi jlc, thanks, it's coming along. They didn't use the process where they stick one piece of stone on top of the other. They mitred the edges and then stuck them together so the join is on the arris edge, you can't see it unless you look for it close up.
harmelb
StephyD

Your selections are awesome....The main tiles look really good. Did you do that with Simonds?
How much did it cost you to upgrade the bathroom tiles to a gloss finish.
We have selected ice snow for our ensuite and bathroom benchtop.. For kitchen we have Osprey stonebench....

Thank you, yeah we did the tiles with simonds. I think it was around $400 to upgrade the wet area tiles to gloss. I'll have to check my paperwork to confirm the exact amount.

Lovely choices, I'm a huge osprey fan... Just didn't suit the white kitchen theme we are going for.
CocoBrisbane
@StephyD your house is stunning- I am building with Clarendon but I have been following your build- you have great taste! How much did you pay to have the open shelving in your vanity? Clarendon have quoted me an extra $700 on top of the $250 for drawers plus obviously the normal vanity that they include.

Thank you for the kind words!! Do you have a build thread? Cabinetry costs are ridiculous, we upgraded the ensuite vanity to a custom 1800mm one and it was over $2000, the open shelves thing was a standard design for simonds.
Late last week our driveway got pulled up and our new (correct) driveway was poured on Monday. They also poured the exposed aggregate in our porch, I'm SOOOO happy our driveway is correct!!

To keep in the good news theme, we have PCI on the 5th November
YAY good news!
Hi Stephy, congratulations for your new house. I am also thinking to build a new house with Simonds Homes in QLD. I just want to know, how is your experience dealing with them? I also want to know how much freedom we have over the design? Thanks
Related
3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum