Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building in Mulgoa Rise?

Page 15 of 33
Hi KJ, we're pretty much same as you, been in council 3 weeks and waiting! I thought when we started this in Aug we'd be in by this Xmas but I can see that slipping away! I guess it is what it is. One day we'll all be hanging out in our new homes having a wine and chatting about what a journey building was and thank god it's done, lol. Great news Dream home I've finally worked out which block you are due to Red pegs, lol. MH are generally quick with the build just not so much with getting there so hope it goes quick for you!
Hi Bluestone 65. Yes unfortunately you have to have your building plans put through council or CDC (strict initial guidelines for CDC, private certification which was supposed to put a rocket up councils behind for processing time - NOT!) before you can turn the dirt to commence building. The other problem of course has been waiting for rego. Interestingly we were able to get a form signed by Mulpha through our legals so that our plans could go to council in their name before settlement so technically we should be 2 weeks in council already by settlement - so now I have been advised our plans went back to council 5th March. Good luck with it all whatever you are doing. This is out 3rd build project and don't remember it ever being such a long drawn out process
Meant to add - By the way best wishes dream_home93 for your very busy April. Time will slide by quickly for you with it all happening. Hope its all smooth sailing
Congrats to all the bluestoners. That's awesome news.

I hope all the trouble makers go elsewhere. Why do they feel the need to damage. Can't kids just hang out and chat these days.

I can't wait to see all your builds start! Some of you are so close.

Ours is going well. About a month to go. I'm son in love with my house. We just finished tiles. Painting has just started.
Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

AiryFairy, your 20 days must be up soon? Anyone else commencing soon? GoodLife, you must be getting close too?

Good luck and hoping Council approves your houses quickly.
Congrats on rego Bluestone future residents! We are on Binyang close to the glenmore ridge side of MR. We received all our contract documents yesterday and are set to start construction on Tuesday!! Process has been a little drawn out but I think doing approvals etc over Christmas resulted in delays. No major dramas except a tree where we want our driveway! Calling MR today to check if we can move it. Can't understand why they put in driveway positions and trees before people design their houses?!
Woot, congratulations rochelleandcraig.

I think the trees caused some others access troubles earlier in the thread. I remember people talking about the trees being damaged. I think the location of our driveway is about where we want it, it's on the correct side, at least. Good luck getting the tree moved!
Rochelle & Craig, we are moving our tree & driveway . It's all been approved by MR but is all at our expense. The driveway layover is about $2k and council have to inspect it etc
Yeah ours have to be moved as well. Rochelle & Craig, how exciting
Ours should start by Friday. I just did a drive-by and the Bluestone fence was being removed, so you can all get in now!
Great stuff AiryFairy and Rochelle and Craig! Sunrise, you must be getting close too!
Hi dream home.

We are building with Allworth Homes. All plans done and landscape plans also. Ready for dovelopers. From what my builder said we are comply and develop.

So hopefully things get moving soon for everyone.
Bluestone65 - we spent a week in with the developers and 2 weeks in CDC so you will be out before you know it.

Lots of exciting times ahead! Congrats!!!
Hey Dreamhome yes we are getting closer. Not long now I hope....final plans sign off pre construction. Should have our build start date soon. Congratulations on your start. It is great all your problems were resolved.
Bluestone drive is open. Fences down
I'm a bit obsessed. My little one has been sick so I was off work today. I happened to drive past the block four times today - on the way to the Doc, on the way home from the Doc, on the way to pick my eldest up, on the way home from picking him up. Good for neighbourhood watch I guess but the builders are going to think I am a stalker during the school hols... Lol.
Hi dreamhome,

Glad to see im not the only one who is stalking the place lol.

Took a detour today just to drive past our piece of dirt ehich we will officially own on monday sometime. YAY

We have almost every detail organised for our new home only flooring amd electrical to go. All the rest complete.

Will be glad to be in our new home hopefully this year. Fingers crossed.
I fully intend to start visiting our patch of dirt on a regular basis once we move out that way again. Stalking the place is entirely justified.
Yeah I drove past today wondering if they have started but I'll have to wait tomorrow to stalk...
Hi all. Has anyone noticed that the hill at the top of Darug near the fence line is gone! I was there on Sunday it was still there and then on our Tuesday visit it was gone!! It looks great.

Final sign off of plans and contract today. Next step red pegs and slab!
Yay Sunrise!!! That is fantastic news for you. Hoping we are all in for Christmas!!!
Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum