Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Arden Developments

Page 15 of 163
dave398
I upgraded to Colourbond. Sarking was around $1100 from memory

Thanks Dave!

Anyone do their driveway through Arden? How much? Or cheaper to do yourself afterwards?

We have a allowance for 40m2 which is $4720 for coloured.

ribbox
We have a allowance for 40m2 which is $4720 for coloured.

Great, thanks heaps.

Sorry for all the questions. Anyone know if you can see images of the window styles at your colour appointment?

Remember for coloured driveway - some colours are standard and some colours are upgrade - so the pricing can depend on the colour you choose
They don't show windows style, however you will choose the colour and you can look at following website of A&L windows to choose what you want , in case the standard windows not ok. We have chosen boutique windows in living areas and at ground floor as awning windows. First floor is standard sliding windows and bathrooms are translucent
Ezza78
Sorry for all the questions. Anyone know if you can see images of the window styles at your colour appointment?

Go to this link and download the Victoria Catalogue. Has all the A&L windows and doors.

http://www.alwindows.com.au/downloads

Hi, all,

I have a quick question, once you are designing the floor plan, the garage is attached to the left of house or right of house depends on what? estate requirement? block flat or not?
Depends on where the existing cross over is as you need council permission to move the crossover, so easier to keep driveway where it already is, but if it's a new estate or block of land, I'm not sure, you might get to choose.
Ezza78
Thanks Jeetna,

Is your house built yet? Can't remember.

We are Waiting for plans to come back to go to estimating. Hope it's not too much more than quote!

We've got all our best light on the right hand side of house which has no windows - just hope there is enough natural light. We do have two long sliding doors at end of house but it will be covered by roofline over a deck.

Might add a door to ensuite in master, keep thinking about it.

Happy Friday everyone!

Almost completed fixing and lock up stage (they are doing both at once). Our SS reckons we have about 2 months to go.

I think my house will have similar solar orientation to yours. As there are not to many windows on the right side. I regret not getting one in the butlers. But the laundry essentially has too when you include the transparent door...
Jeeta23
Ezza78
Thanks Jeetna,

We are Waiting for plans to come back to go to estimating. Hope it's not too much more than quote!

We've got all our best light on the right hand side of house which has no windows - just hope there is enough natural light. We do have two long sliding doors at end of house but it will be covered by roofline over a deck.

Happy Friday everyone!

my house is almost completed fixing and lock up stage (they are doing both at once). Our SS reckons we have about 2 months to go.

I think my house will have similar solar orientation to yours. As it there are not to many windows on the right side. I regret not getting one in the butlers. But laundry essentially has too when you include the transparent door...

How have you found the building process with Arden thus far?

geminithinker
Jeeta23
Ezza78
Thanks Jeetna,

Happy Friday everyone!

my house is almost completed fixing and lock up stage (they are doing both at once). Our SS reckons we have about 2 months to go.

I think my house will have similar solar orientation to yours. As it there are not to many windows on the right side. I regret not getting one in the butlers. But laundry essentially has too when you include the transparent door...

Generally pretty smooth.

The design process requires allot of attention from our end as any customised changes have numerous flow on effects.

But the actual build has been going well. I've been impressed with the SS calling me ever 2 weeks and our CA seems to do the same. But most impressive is the speed and quality, as mentioned before it seems like there is regular activity on the home and the independent inspections have only found small defects.

The fixing and lock up work at the same time has been good. Which allowed overlap of the two stages once the house was wrapped. Essentially we were able to get the electrical and plumbing roughs and plaster up during the bad weather last week. The Hebel should be completed this week, weather permitting.
Jeeta23
geminithinker
Jeeta23
[quote="Ezza78"]Thanks Jeetna,

Happy Friday everyone!

Generally pretty smooth.

The design process requires allot of attention from our end as any customised changes have numerous flow on effects.

But the actual build has been going well. I've been impressed with the SS calling me ever 2 weeks and our CA seems to do the same. But most impressive is the speed and quality, as mentioned before it seems like there is regular activity on the home and the independent inspections have only found small defects.

The fixing and lock up work at the same time has been good. Which allowed overlap of the two stages once the house was wrapped. Essentially we were able to get the electrical and plumbing roughs and plaster up during the bad weather last week. The Hebel should be completed this week, weather permitting.[/quote]
So encouraging to hear as my friend has been having an awful time. Where are you building? Might have to request yout SS hehe

geminithinker
So encouraging to hear as my friend has been having an awful time. Where are you building? Might have to request yout SS hehe

We are building in the South East. What about yourself? And where did your friend build, were they with Arden?
Jeeta23
geminithinker

We are building in the South East. What about yourself? And where did your friend build, were they with Arden?

Inspired for the plans but dealing with Arden for the build. Building in berwick and so will we. When we get closer I might need to ask you for recommended names hehe.

geminithinker
Jeeta23
geminithinker

Inspired for the plans but dealing with Arden for the build. Building in berwick and so will we. When we get closer I might need to ask you for recommended names hehe.

No worries, happy to help. I'm in Lyndhurst so not far at all.
How is total package, I have heard that inspired home is more expensive, right? Also why so special arrangement, building is not inspired home but Arden?
Files just gone to head office, fingers crossed. This is the stage it all went wrong with our first builder. Hope the site costs aren't more than we have budgeted.

Good luck with your builds!
lzboycn
How is total package, I have heard that inspired home is more expensive, right? Also why so special arrangement, building is not inspired home but Arden?

Inspired are just designers. Arden does all their building. Inspired have their own special offers too

Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum