Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Burbank Lukin 2800 - 10 Months On!

Page 15 of 16
Looking good. Your dining area looks so spacious, love it. Nice rug too!
Thanks guys!

Worked on the back yesterday.
Built our garden bed, prepped our path (which will have rocks and pavers) and leveled the back which is now ready for grass (the front and nature strip are ready for grass too.

Will post up some pics once we get all that done.

We had some soil and crushed rock delivered yesterday, the bloke that dropped it off accidentally dropped the crushed rock over the top of the soil, fun times that was trying to split them up!!

Bluesuede, you need to post some photos of your place!!
nickvee
Bluesuede, you need to post some photos of your place!!

True - will work at getting a thread together!
love the sanded bed and the floorboard~
Hey bluesude, how's your new stainless steel French door fridge with a big red bow on it going?? haha
nickvee
Hey bluesude, how's your new stainless steel French door fridge with a big red bow on it going?? haha

lol yeah it's great

Repainted my theatre room recently and all my blinds and curtains are in... and the whole home theatre setup was installed yesterday. woohoo!
Awesome!

We have most of our landscaping finished now. Grass is in, just finishing off rock and paving this weekend.

Will post some photos once it's all done
Fantastic - look forward to seeing how it's progressing!!
Front landscaping is all done!
Still needs a few features though, but it's done to satisfy our developers

Backyard

Side of house
Still need to raise garden bed a bit higher and have put a temp fence to keep dogs out of backyard and off grass.
We are planning on building the deck soon.

Your neighbors' front yards are pale!
I think my neighbors yards look perfectly fine.
Looks great nickvee. It must feel nice now to have a bit of colour and landscaping around the house. It is amazing how some grass and stone makes it a home
Looking nice mate. Puts my dirt and weed patch to shame
Thanks guys!

Putting in pavers this week and hopefully getting this deck done over the summer..

Need to take out about 1m3 of soil, not really looking forward to this part...unless i can get someone to do it for a slab of beer!!
Bluesuede
Looking nice mate. Puts my dirt and weed patch to shame

Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Do love checking out everyone else's for ideas though. You are very organised Nickvee! I can never find time to do anything! lol
Looking great Nick! Bout time they sealed that section of road, hey?

We have laid soil out the back and getting turf delivered on Thursday. We're also building a plantar box on the eastern side of the yard to use as a vege patch & I've planted a few herbs in pots. The plants/trees will have to wait till the new year since I'm going broke now!
...if you or anyone in the area needs some top soil... we ordered a little too much on the weekend
Hoping to build up the garden beds a bit more and use a heap in the plantar box... so I'll see how we go. Hehe. Stupid us.

Our deck & pergola is about 90% complete (annoyingly the timber we ordered for the slats aren't available until mid January, some new-trendy-envirofriendly-timber, can't remember what it's called). Next week we'll be oiling the merbau (front and back) so it should all look nice and fresh for Christmas!
I'll post pics once it's all done.
...the whole dirt removal part is a pain! Wish the builders would scrape the block for you after settlement, haha. And not to mention expensive. 2014 will be all about saving and not spending!
LMcNish89
...the whole dirt removal part is a pain! Wish the builders would scrape the block for you after settlement, haha. And not to mention expensive. 2014 will be all about saving and not spending!

2014 is all about insurance replacing our floorboards lol - we unfortunately flooded the laundry and in turn ruined most of our floorboards in the hallway and kitchen..Insurance say the whole lot needs to be replaced as the stock they used in our house is no longer available.........

It looks pretty, but next time (and hopefully there is never a next time) i'm re-laying the whole house with tiles or polishing the concrete...

Not very impressed, but thank god for insurance

And yes, dirt removal is crap! We are lucky we put the roller door on the back of the garage otherwise we never would have been about to move in 10m3 of soil...it helps to know a person who owns a bobcat haha
Oh NO! That's terrible! What a nice way to end the year for you... not.

Hope the insurance covers a good job. Nice job flooding the laundry... hehe, you'll never do that again
Actually it was our cat, so we can blame him! haha
Related
9/05/2024
2 months old decking problems

Outdoor Living

Our external decking was only installed 2 months ago, and already moulded, with cracks, and some timber decolorated. The decking is in an exposed area, uncovered in our…

22/01/2024
Regarding Burbank Bricks

General Discussion

Hi All, Recently we have signed a contract with Burbank and we are not aware that they have just DORSET, SURREY, HAMPSHIRE, KENT, PILBARA and REDGUM bricks from PGH are…

13/06/2024
What are our rights with our draftsman and the completion of

Building A New House

I second taking your plans elsewhere. They're yours (unless you ended up in one of those cheaper arrangements where you don't own the rights and the build will be tendered…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum