Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

settlers run botanic ridge

Page 15 of 32
We are still waiting for the builder to get back to us with some floor plans.... All Michelle and I want to do is start building....
[quote="schultzie"]We are still waiting for the builder to get back to us with some floor plans.... All Michelle and I want to do is start building....
/quote]
I know how you feel, we got quite depressed a few weeks ago but have resigned ourselves to the fact that we probably won't be in until Christmas and that's if we don't have any delays
Hi all. We are still waiting to hear back from the DAP. The generic letter we received saying that they had recieved our design was a bit cold and I think quite rude. We are supposed to hear within 10 working days. It has been a bit longer than that. It is very frustrating. We had hoped to start at the beginning of July. Hopefully we will get the OK from The DAP and can submit the plans to the council and then start building. That sounds a bit drab...but we are very excited and keen to start. Will keep you posted.
Hi everyone! I'm back, I was lucky enough to go to Thailand with my Grandad (ex POW) for Anzac Day, it was very special. Now I'm back and trying to get my head back into building mode!

Actually not really building mode, we are still finishing our renos and hoping to put the house on the market in a couple of weeks.

Then I'll have to revisit our designs etc for the new house.

I didn't know about the bbq, would definitely have gone if I'd been here and known about it! I went to the block yesterday for the first time in 2 months - our road has been scraped and there is a huge pile of dirt on the front of my block! Maybe we should have a HomeOne Settlers Run bbq?

Hello to all the new people who have joined the thread while I've been away, I'm confused now about who everyone is
I'm wondering if I should compile a list of Usernames, Lot numbers and first names (if you have used a first name on here), what do you all think? I'm happy to do it if everyone wants it done? If you are worried about the list being on the forum I could PM it to everyone?
Hey Pinchy..I wondered why we hadnt heard from you. What was Thailand like?
BigE
Yay! we have lift off. Site start on Monday! woohoo... It is very quiet... Any news from anyone? did anyone go to the BBQ last week?

Did your house start as planned last Monday? (fingers crossed)
Pinchy
Hi everyone! I'm back, I was lucky enough to go to Thailand with my Grandad (ex POW) for Anzac Day, it was very special. Now I'm back and trying to get my head back into building mode!

Actually not really building mode, we are still finishing our renos and hoping to put the house on the market in a couple of weeks.

Then I'll have to revisit our designs etc for the new house.

I didn't know about the bbq, would definitely have gone if I'd been here and known about it! I went to the block yesterday for the first time in 2 months - our road has been scraped and there is a huge pile of dirt on the front of my block! Maybe we should have a HomeOne Settlers Run bbq?

Hello to all the new people who have joined the thread while I've been away, I'm confused now about who everyone is
I'm wondering if I should compile a list of Usernames, Lot numbers and first names (if you have used a first name on here), what do you all think? I'm happy to do it if everyone wants it done? If you are worried about the list being on the forum I could PM it to everyone?

I think they are both great ideas, the BBQ and list
- Elaine - username Wilson3199
Hi LTH, thanks, it's nice to be missed
Thailand was amazing, we did a tour of the Thai-Burma Railway visiting sites of former POW camps, went to the Dawn Service at Hellfire Pass and 10am service at Kanchanaburi War Cemetary, it was so moving, and an honour to be there with my dear old Grandad who was actually there during the war. Grandad read The Ode at the 10am service, I cried so much
Hard to get back into real life here!

Elaine, I'll start working on the list. Let's wait until the weather eases up and then organise the bbq, standing around in the rain won't be much fun!
Hi everyone, is anybody onboard with whats changed in Finlow street? I got a call from my conveyancer and they have inform me that we are getting a 7 metre wide speed hump in the middle of our street! I went to see Trudi and am told its the only speed hump in the whole estate!
Just my luck, its directly outside my block, lot 334 and across from lot 319. I am talks with them now about changing blocks. I will keep you informed!
WTF? A speedhump? Surely it's not going to be a road that will be used for through traffic? It only goes back onto Settlers Run

Where are you thinking of changing to Sainter1? Another street?

Although, now that I think about it, I'm not sure I would object to a speed hump as it would make it safer for my kids to cross the street, but I can't fathom why they think it would be necessary in that street?
Hi to all the bloggers of Settlers Run.
My husband and I have recently put a deposit on a block of land in the Norman Precinct.
I would like to join the settlers run forum.
We are interested in building the Urban Edge house Yoki 004.
Has anybody built this home at Settlers run?
Lindberg
My husband and I have recently put a deposit on a block of land in the Norman Precinct.

Hi Lindberg, welcome to the forum
I think someone on this forum is building with UE, just can't remember who off the top of my head! Good luck with your build. When is your stage expected to title?
Lindberg

Hi LIndberg, welcome to the Forum, we are building with SBG but I think Urban Edge are popular in "The Run".
Got a email from Trudi this morning and she said that the vendors have agreed to let us change blocks, thank God! We are still looking at a block in Finlow street, between lots 341 and 338. Will let you know which one wins!!!
The problem with a speed hump is not the hump itself but we need to ask the question, why does the council want a speed hump there for anyway, do they know something we dont?? Its the only speed hump in the whole golf course, does,nt make sense. Well I guess we will never know, well , not until we are all in our homes!!
Pinchy
Lindberg

Hi Lindberg, welcome to the forum
I think someone on this forum is building with UE, just can't remember who off the top of my head! Good luck with your build. When is your stage expected to title?

Some time next year - April or May? Hope there are no delays.
Lindberg; Welcome, we are building the Kush 005 with UE. We have just started to build and UE have been great. The Yoki is a very nice home... are you making any changed?
Sainter1; the whole speed hump thing is strange...
Maybe because it is a longish road?

I looked at Botanic Ridge web-site to see the master plan and it doesnt seem to link to botanic ridge as a way in to the wider development. Only thing I can see is a lot of walking tracks around there and maybe that it why? maybe it is a predestrian crossing? strange...

did you call the council at all?

it is good that you can change your block. Hope that all works out
LTH; Yes we have started the block is cut... Systems are moving. Cant wait. I went t upload the plans but cant work it out?
BigE
LTH; Yes we have started the block is cut... Systems are moving. Cant wait. I went t upload the plans but cant work it out?

You have to upload your plans to a photo hosting site (eg, photobucket, flickr) and then link to the pic in your post. Looking forward to seeing your plans!

Sainter1 my solicitor has advised us to contact the council for more information about the speedhump. It is marked in the new engineering plans I got from the vendors solicitor, it doesn't look like a pedestrian crossing, just looks like a regular speed hump all the way across the road.

I can't understand their logic - it's not like Finlow st is a shortcut to anywhere
Surely you would only use that road if you lived on it, or if you were coming from Botanic Ridge Estate and wanted to get to Dundas/Holloway??? If you were going anywhere else, you would just stay on Settlers Run! Will let you know if we get any info from Casey Council.
Thanks for the welcome.
Went out yesterday to look at the Urban Edge Yoki 4 at Hoppers Crossing. Really liked it but the price was $294000 for the display house. The regular price was $173000 on their website. The guy was busy with other customers so we didn't get time to ask him what the extras were to warrant the vast difference in price. Will ring this week to find out.
Are now looking at the SBG Evora 30.
Related
20/11/2023
Brick Elevator truck hit and run

General Discussion

you did, but you didnt identify the smear/logo

23/03/2024
Fridge Freezer not working after trying to run on Generator

Kitchen Appliances

I had a similar issue with my fridge not too long ago. It wasn't the same model, but the symptoms were pretty much the same: the compressor would start and then stop…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum