Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Boutique Homes

Page 139 of 172
3000 thousand is only to remove the pillar in the middle. Lucky you have 2700 high ceilings cos Boutique only do corner less stacker if you sliders are 2400 in height and ceiling to be 2700. ☺
StraightBull3t
3000 thousand is only to remove the pillar in the middle. Lucky you have 2700 high ceilings cos Boutique only do corner less stacker if you sliders are 2400 in height and ceiling to be 2700. ☺

Excellent news, thanks!
Also if your planning to install niche to bath area. Make sure to re arrange where the shower is as they won't allow niche to be installed on outer wall or against a brick wall.
emerthis
StraightBull3t

Excellent news, thanks!

You can ask you sales consultant to print you off a copy of price list of upgrades the Riviera 33 displayed in harpley. That's what my sales consultant did so that I can refer to that pricing in case of big cost differences if I wanted to add those upgrades. Don't sign anything until your happy! 2 days won't be enough to check what changes you want in your new plan. ?
StraightBull3t
emerthis
StraightBull3t

Excellent news, thanks!

You can ask you sales consultant to print you off a copy of price list of upgrades the Riviera 33 displayed in harpley. That's what my sales consultant did so that I can refer to that pricing in case of big cost differences if I wanted to add those upgrades. Don't sign anything until your happy! 2 days won't be enough to check what changes you want in your new plan. ?

I figured that. We're not signing anything until we're sure it's what we want.
You can ask you sales consultant to print you off a copy of price list of upgrades the Riviera 33 displayed in harpley. That's what my sales consultant did so that I can refer to that pricing in case of big cost differences if I wanted to add those upgrades. Don't sign anything until your happy! 2 days won't be enough to check what changes you want in your new plan. ?[/quote]
I figured that. We're not signing anything until we're sure it's what we want.[/quote]

Good luck then . U must have a big block to build Riviera 33? I am surprise that lend lease is selling blocks to accommodate that house in aurora. Most blocks here are average sizes. Rarely I've seen a big block except for the old stages.
StraightBull3t

I figured that. We're not signing anything until we're sure it's what we want.[/quote]

Good luck then . U must have a big block to build Riviera 33? I am surprise that lend lease is selling blocks to accommodate that house in aurora. Most blocks here are average sizes. Rarely I've seen a big block except for the old stages.[/quote]
We scored a 550 corner block. No, there aren't many, but they're also not as highly sought after, oddly.
emerthis
emerthis
My wife and I are about to do the PWC this Saturday, for a Barcelona 32 in the Aurora Estate, due to title March next year.
Does anyone have any pictures of their finished home with a Contempo facade? I did prefer the Provincial look but struggling to justify the extra $7k.
After today's 3.5 hour session with the sales consultant at Point Cook, we have a few more things to raise with Boutique - much of which I note you have already mentioned in this forum:
1. Alarm system?
2. Video intercom for front door from kitchen?
3. Shower niches or shelves? Having installed glass shelves on tiled walls, I don't intend to do this again!
4. Alcove in entry hall needs a GPO. Also, possible cabinetry with bench top to seat heavy fish tank, with internal GPO and slot at rear to accommodate power and air lines at back of tank?
5. Manhole to garage.
6. Exhaust fans to vent externally (not into roof cavity).
7. Concrete path from front entry to footpath? I will build the deck for this myself, but prefer if there is a concrete path to build it on top of.
8. Placement of water taps and meters at front of house - in the Eucalypt estate, this is an appalling mess.
9. Cabling - I really want data lines at all TV points, and the TV areas need to be able to hide cabling in the wall cavity too.

Looking forward to hearing more from you all, and sharing our experience along the way.
Cheers!

Well, our sales consultant isn't going to be very happy with us. We have decided, only tonight, that we really want the Riviera 33 instead of the Barcelona 32. So tomorrow morning (unless he checks his email tonight) he will find out about that.

We've also decided that the Provincial or Gallerie facades are worth the extra expense, and to best suit the Aurora design guidelines, the Provincial will sit best on the block.
Still going with home theatre to front, and workshop instead of home office.

We'll do alarm and intercom afterwards - thanks for the tip!
I'll ask to have the quote include shower niches.
With no alcove in the entry hall any more, the fish tank will probably have to go in the lounge room (again). I really want to find a solution for that...
Manhole to garage should be manageable given that we're going with the workshop option. The workshop wall might also solve the fish tank location issue.
I can probably do the exhaust fan vents myself later - no big deal, except if we go with a metal roof.
Going to see if I can have most rooms cabled for GPOs and data, with a c-channel running along the bottom of each wall behind the plaster, to facilitate addition of extra points after I know exactly where I want them.

The change to Riviera will mean that the wall facing the secondary frontage will need to be articulated - so the ensuite or master bedroom will need a 'pop-out'.
Any idea how much the corner stacker doors to the alfresco area add to the Riviera price? This will open the space up much more than if there has to be a pillar in that corner, between the standard stacker and the regular slider.

Going for a 1m wide front door, adding an internal frosted glass door from dining room to rear retreat, another one to the butler's pantry (without the extra sink), another regular door to the home theatre at the front of the house, adding the deluxe laundry package and possibly deleting the built-in wardrobe from bedroom 3, as it will become the study.
Considering wider windows to the living area too.

Reckon we can get all this done in time for Saturday night's PWC, to meet the deadline for the 2700 ceilings and 2400 doors package?

I'll find out over the next 2 days!

Cheers.

We were quoted $250-$295 for the shower niches depending on the size. Not sure if the price has gone up.

newbietobuilding
Hi everyone! Just discovered this extremely useful forum not too long ago! I was wondering if anyone has done double glazing with boutique before? We are building a double story and was hoping that the double glazing would help reduce some noise from road/ neighbors. From what I've researched, it seemed a bit tricky to do post build.

All our windows are double glazed and thought it was a great idea at the time but now sort of regretting it as Boutique haven't had double glazed windows offered previously and now we are having problems with water coming in. Boutique couldn't fix it, so Bradham's are coming on the 19th of this month to figure it out. As you can see in pics.

emerthis
emerthis
My wife and I are about to do the PWC this Saturday, for a Barcelona 32 in the Aurora Estate, due to title March next year.
Does anyone have any pictures of their finished home with a Contempo facade? I did prefer the Provincial look but struggling to justify the extra $7k.
After today's 3.5 hour session with the sales consultant at Point Cook, we have a few more things to raise with Boutique - much of which I note you have already mentioned in this forum:
1. Alarm system?
2. Video intercom for front door from kitchen?
3. Shower niches or shelves? Having installed glass shelves on tiled walls, I don't intend to do this again!
4. Alcove in entry hall needs a GPO. Also, possible cabinetry with bench top to seat heavy fish tank, with internal GPO and slot at rear to accommodate power and air lines at back of tank?
5. Manhole to garage.
6. Exhaust fans to vent externally (not into roof cavity).
7. Concrete path from front entry to footpath? I will build the deck for this myself, but prefer if there is a concrete path to build it on top of.
8. Placement of water taps and meters at front of house - in the Eucalypt estate, this is an appalling mess.
9. Cabling - I really want data lines at all TV points, and the TV areas need to be able to hide cabling in the wall cavity too.

Looking forward to hearing more from you all, and sharing our experience along the way.
Cheers!

Well, our sales consultant isn't going to be very happy with us. We have decided, only tonight, that we really want the Riviera 33 instead of the Barcelona 32. So tomorrow morning (unless he checks his email tonight) he will find out about that.

We've also decided that the Provincial or Gallerie facades are worth the extra expense, and to best suit the Aurora design guidelines, the Provincial will sit best on the block.
Still going with home theatre to front, and workshop instead of home office.

We'll do alarm and intercom afterwards - thanks for the tip!
I'll ask to have the quote include shower niches.
With no alcove in the entry hall any more, the fish tank will probably have to go in the lounge room (again). I really want to find a solution for that...
Manhole to garage should be manageable given that we're going with the workshop option. The workshop wall might also solve the fish tank location issue.
I can probably do the exhaust fan vents myself later - no big deal, except if we go with a metal roof.
Going to see if I can have most rooms cabled for GPOs and data, with a c-channel running along the bottom of each wall behind the plaster, to facilitate addition of extra points after I know exactly where I want them.

The change to Riviera will mean that the wall facing the secondary frontage will need to be articulated - so the ensuite or master bedroom will need a 'pop-out'.
Any idea how much the corner stacker doors to the alfresco area add to the Riviera price? This will open the space up much more than if there has to be a pillar in that corner, between the standard stacker and the regular slider.

Going for a 1m wide front door, adding an internal frosted glass door from dining room to rear retreat, another one to the butler's pantry (without the extra sink), another regular door to the home theatre at the front of the house, adding the deluxe laundry package and possibly deleting the built-in wardrobe from bedroom 3, as it will become the study.
Considering wider windows to the living area too.

Reckon we can get all this done in time for Saturday night's PWC, to meet the deadline for the 2700 ceilings and 2400 doors package?

I'll find out over the next 2 days!

Cheers.

We paid $5562.00 for our cornerless stacking doors, we built the Marseille 33 adjusted to a 36.

Our latest work to our house being done so we can finally begin landscaping next month

Ozden86
newbietobuilding
Hi everyone! Just discovered this extremely useful forum not too long ago! I was wondering if anyone has done double glazing with boutique before? We are building a double story and was hoping that the double glazing would help reduce some noise from road/ neighbors. From what I've researched, it seemed a bit tricky to do post build.

All our windows are double glazed and thought it was a great idea at the time but now sort of regretting it as Boutique haven't had double glazed windows offered previously and now we are having problems with water coming in. Boutique couldn't fix it, so Bradham's are coming on the 19th of this month to figure it out. As you can see in pics.

Thanks for your input! I think we may try to go without the double glazing as the price is quite steep! Probably need to invest in a good pair of ear plugs and thick doona!

Ozden86
Our latest work to our house being done so we can finally begin landscaping next month

Hi Ozden, love the pool! What size is this?
We are thinking of getting one too, can you please give us an approx. cost? And who is the pool vendor.

https://letsbuildwithboutique.wordpress.com
Ozden86

That is going to look fantastic when done!
johanna.ram
Ozden86

We are thinking of getting one too, can you please give us an approx. cost? And who is the pool vendor.

Horizon pools in point Cook is installing our pool. It's a 7.1 x 3.6 and cost is over 40k, not included in cost is tipping fees, excess truck travel over 8km, still have to purchase caping tiles, glass fencing and get concreting around pool so all up I'm hoping it will be under $50k but hubby reckons it will be over so in a few weeks we should find out.

johanna.ram
Ozden86

It's also a bonus as it's pretty deep

Ozden86

It wouldnt be double glazing specifically causing the leaking issue. Just poor installation of the glass in the frame by the supplier.

I have double glazing in my current house and never had an issue. Even during torrential downpour directly on the windows.

Also keep in mind that double glazing may be required in your estate to ensure your build meets energy rating requirements.
measure
Ozden86

That is going to look fantastic when done!

Oh thank you, I hope so too

measure
Ozden86

It wouldnt be double glazing specifically causing the leaking issue. Just poor installation of the glass in the frame by the supplier.

I have double glazing in my current house and never had an issue. Even during torrential downpour directly on the windows.

Also keep in mind that double glazing may be required in your estate to ensure your build meets energy rating requirements.

No that's the weird thing it's not from the glass. Well were not too sure as no one can figure it out so waiting for Bradham's

johanna.ram

Just to put it in perspective, we are getting a 10m X 4m pool with all the bells and whistles including fence and paving and it costs $70k.
Related
28/06/2023
Boutique Homes

General Discussion

Thanks for the insight.

15/09/2023
Sydney - Inner Suburbs - Boutique Builder Costs

Building A New House

Hi Simeon, PM'ed you the other day. Still waiting >

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum