Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Northlakes Estate- Cameron park

Page 137 of 159
We FINALLY did our walk through yesterday afternoon.

I was surprised to see that some of the defects/issues where rectified yesterday morning before I even had to raise them.

Still a few things that need to be fixed before we hand over but we are looking at the 29th February to get the keys
MadelineFitzgibbon

I was surprised to see that some of the defects/issues where rectified yesterday morning before I even had to raise them.

Still a few things that need to be fixed before we hand over but we are looking at the 29th February to get the keys

Cool, congrats.

How long does that make the build time?

Are you getting some basic landscaping?
Yarborough
MadelineFitzgibbon

Cool, congrats.

How long does that make the build time?

Are you getting some basic landscaping?

Thankyou, That makes it just over 8 months I think

No, we are doing that all our selves after handover as we have quiet a lot to landscape and a few retaining walls to put up as we are going to tier the backyard
Looks like the site across from u KLB is moving along.

Sure is, they have pretty much overtaken us and they only cut the block last week. They are a small local builder and have no other work on so they are banging it out.

On the other hand we are at s standstill as Clarendon sacked their concreter. Now we have to wait for the new one to get started and we might finally get a slab sometime before christmas
[quote="KLB"]Sure is, they have pretty much overtaken us and they only cut the block last week. They are a small local builder and have no other work on so they are banging it out.

On the other hand we are at s standstill as Clarendon sacked their concreter. Now we have to wait for the new one to get started and we might finally get a slab sometime before christmas
/quote]

We understand your plight KLB!
The waiting is brutal, we have finally got some progress happening but it is definitely frustrating when nothing is happening!

Joey (8 Dunsyre Av.)
I drove past Bellavia St this morning and your slab is being poured at the moment Kristy.

That must be a relief ?
Oh thank god! I'm going to go for a look once I drop the girls to school. Was wondering if it was ever going to happen!
From Northlakes Facebook Page.....

Council has begun work on the Cameron Park Recreation Area. Once built it will include a major sports field, 6 tennis courts, skate park, community amenities, netball courts, two playgrounds, parents retreat, pedestrian and cycleway paths and more.

http://www.lakemac.com.au/downloads/Att ... n%20V2.PDF

Yarborough
From Northlakes Facebook Page.....

Council has begun work on the Cameron Park Recreation Area. Once built it will include a major sports field, 6 tennis courts, skate park, community amenities, netball courts, two playgrounds, parents retreat, pedestrian and cycleway paths and more.

http://www.lakemac.com.au/downloads/Att ... n%20V2.PDF

Unfortunately ...
"404 page not found"

This works for me: http://goo.gl/Ue1fB7
Is it the same?
It's working for me. Maybe council is trying to tell you something Dunsyre

Madeline there was people working on your place too. Looked like they might have been cleaning paint off the inside of the windows.
MadelineFitzgibbon
I drove past Bellavia St this morning and your slab is being poured at the moment Kristy.

That must be a relief ?

here's the photos to prove it

I'm currently having issues with my builder/SS
My major problem is the floor waste have been installed in the wrong location in the ensuite. On the floor plan it was requested by me to be at the opposite end. We got grated drain as an extra at the doorway so moved the FW to the other end of the ensuite. But the plumbers have installed the FW at the doorway and forgot the grated drain, which they had to rip the slab to install. The tiling has started now and the FW is still not at the opposite end.
A very lengthy email with photos was sent to my CSO and SS, which even included what i thought of my SS. I didnt hold back. Awaiting a reply/solution now.
I'm now considering getting an independent building inspector to check the whole house.
there's a post also in the bathroom & laundry section of this forum

dr_moebius
My major problem is the floor waste have been installed in the wrong location in the ensuite. On the floor plan it was requested by me to be at the opposite end. We got grated drain as an extra at the doorway so moved the FW to the other end of the ensuite. But the plumbers have installed the FW at the doorway and forgot the grated drain, which they had to rip the slab to install. The tiling has started now and the FW is still not at the opposite end.
A very lengthy email with photos was sent to my CSO and SS, which even included what i thought of my SS. I didnt hold back. Awaiting a reply/solution now.
I'm now considering getting an independent building inspector to check the whole house.

Are you having shower screens on your shower? If so how does the water get out of the shower?

There she is
The area manager called me finally yesterday. Apologised and said he had no idea how long we'd been waiting, and if he had they would have sent a crew up from Sydney. Too late now buddy!

According to him external plumbing etc is booked for Tuesday, frame delivered Wednesday and carpenters onsite Thursday. Brickies are also booked. I just hope we can make up some time now.

Benji241
dr_moebius

Are you having shower screens on your shower? If so how does the water get out of the shower?

There is a drain pipe in the shower and a hob. The issue is the floor waste is meant to be between the shower and toilet not at the entrance of the ensuite when there is already a grated drain there.

Received a call from my SS's manager today. Looks like it was the plumber that installed it wrong then told my ss a bullsh*t excuse why it wasn't put in the correct location as per plan. After that call 930am today i received a call from my ss. He explained the exact same thing but has just finished meeting with the plumbing company boss. So now the ensuite floor waste is going to be relocated to the correct position as per plan. The tiling has now stopped and the floor will ripped up and start again. Should be next week this is all happening. Then we will have another site visit.

drainage in shower

area where the floor waste should of been installed, not at the doorway.
Hi Everyone...
We finished building in Northlakes about 18 months ago, but have continued to follow this thread and watching everyones homes come to life.
We are in Salamon road, and my husband is a concreter, and is in the process of starting up his own buisness, he is fully licenced and registered with the MBA. He has done FIFO in the mines for the past 10 year, and has 15 years experience in all aspectes of domestic and commerical concreting so if anyone is in the need of some concreting work please let me know.
If you look through my blog you will see some of his work that he did at our place.
pinny
Hi Everyone...
We finished building in Northlakes about 18 months ago, but have continued to follow this thread and watching everyones homes come to life.
We are in Salamon road, and my husband is a concreter, and is in the process of starting up his own buisness, he is fully licenced and registered with the MBA. He has done FIFO in the mines for the past 10 year, and has 15 years experience in all aspectes of domestic and commerical concreting so if anyone is in the need of some concreting work please let me know.
If you look through my blog you will see some of his work that he did at our place.

Hi Pinny, What sort of concreting does he do? Slabs, driveways etc and if he does driveways does he do exposed aggregate?
Benji241
pinny
Hi Everyone...

Hi Pinny, What sort of concreting does he do? Slabs, driveways etc and if he does driveways does he do exposed aggregate?

I second this enquiry!

Joey (8 Dunsyre Av.)
joey_smith1986
Benji241
pinny
Hi Everyone...

I second this enquiry!

Joey (8 Dunsyre Av.)

Hows the build going Joey?
Related
26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum