Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 137 of 778
I will be happy with a clear 270mm - my bottles are 220mm - so if you go 300mm you are guaranteed but I don't want them to big either!!!!(so don't want any size difference like the display homes) The other couple said their friends had built EB and couldn't get shampoo bottles in so they purchased really smart pump action bottles and refill -
so they were going to do the same - too much trouble for me
Bax27
Hi,
I have been following the niche comments, and was intending to make sure they are the right height for my shampoo bottles, we were at the display home on Saturday and luckily there was as another couple with their plans - they had a tape measure so we measured the ones in the display home - ensuite 220mm - main 260mm - so not even the 270mm has we thought the standard was - we will definitely be changing ours to specify 270mm clear.

We actually have the 270mm high specified on our final plans. I had thought that they were standard as we didn't upgrade them. But upon looking at the frame where the showers will be, the max height for the niches are only 260mm. Add gyrock and tiles to the area and you can now understand why I am worried. Like you, I also need the 270mm height for my shampoo.

Although it is specified in my plans, if the niches are not high enough then it is going to be difficult to rectify the problem.
Hi guys, how are we all doing? Its been such a long time and time has passed it crazy!!! Well, we have finally moved into our house, we had settlement back on the 17th of Jan and since, it has ben crazzzy for us!!! Since i had my flooring done, carpet in and i have installed my blinds, alarm, intercom and tv antenna and moved in our furniture!!! It feels great to be in, we didnt have many major hiccups since our final inspection so all is well for the moment.

I'll update my blog in a few weeks as i have to go overseas but will come back with pics of the place, and hopefully if he weather stays away, my driveway will be done!!!
Very exciting Rabsta! I thought you may have been moved in, I noticed your absence. Glad you had no major issues! Can't wait to see pics!
Hi everybody..
It's been a while since the last time I logged in. Been amazed reading all of the progress that everybody has made for the past month.

1sttime, you're now way ahead from my construction.. i've got a week worth of delay because the brickie is still on holiday last week .. I love your brick color btw.

Glad to hear that you've moved in Rabsta.

Re. the niche, my ss told me that the measurements on the plan (incl niche) are from frame to frame. Hence by default you'll only get around 23-24 cm on the niche. I just wished I knew this earlier. If you need 27 clear, you need to raise a variation.
peace97

Re. the niche, my ss told me that the measurements on the plan (incl niche) are from frame to frame. Hence by default you'll only get around 23-24 cm on the niche. I just wished I knew this earlier. If you need 27 clear, you need to raise a variation.

OH BUGGER! All my bottles are 25 cm tall! Hmmm the plans are a little misleading then if that is the case.....

Well gyprock is going in this week (so glad we have a roof as the rain doesn't affect any internal work from now on
).

We will have a meeting with the SS sometime next week to go over any issues that we may have. I will definately be asking about the niche and will see what my SS says. But going from what peace has said and my own measurements it looks like what was said above is the norm.
rabsta
Hi guys, how are we all doing? Its been such a long time and time has passed it crazy!!! Well, we have finally moved into our house, we had settlement back on the 17th of Jan and since, it has ben crazzzy for us!!! Since i had my flooring done, carpet in and i have installed my blinds, alarm, intercom and tv antenna and moved in our furniture!!! It feels great to be in, we didnt have many major hiccups since our final inspection so all is well for the moment.

I'll update my blog in a few weeks as i have to go overseas but will come back with pics of the place, and hopefully if he weather stays away, my driveway will be done!!!

Fantastic to hear that you have moved in! Must be an exciting (but tiring) time for you!
Fingers crossed for the rain to clear so that your driveway can be done. Are you able to measure your shower niche and let us know if it is the height that you requested? It will help us know how much height we lose once they gyprock and tile. Thanks

Welby Hope the rain clears so that you can get your driveway finished as well.
peace97
Hi everybody..
It's been a while since the last time I logged in. Been amazed reading all of the progress that everybody has made for the past month.

1sttime, you're now way ahead from my construction.. i've got a week worth of delay because the brickie is still on holiday last week .. I love your brick color btw.

Glad to hear that you've moved in Rabsta.

I'll be unhappy if its is the case. when they mention the sizes on the plan we should get the same thing. Lets say my Bedroom 1 size is 6x4 on the plans it must be 6x4 after the frame and gyprock thats how we interept the plans. Dont tell me our rooms are smaller than the actual on plans after gyprock/frames
, I.might be wrong but thats my understanding logically niche must be 270mm after framing/gyprock
Baulkham Hills and sohnaeo,

I have measured the opening of my fridge space the other day (from frame to frame) and it did match the floorplan. Pls let me know if you got a different response from your ss re this.
peace97
Baulkham Hills and sohnaeo,

I have measured the opening of my fridge space the other day (from frame to frame) and it did match the floorplan. Pls let me know if you got a different response from your ss re this.

i think that fridge space is a little different as the exact width is specified in the KC plans. For example they have double ended lines with the exact internal measurements for the fridge space.

All we have to indicate the shower niche size is a line saying something like 1400w x 270H (and no indication of internal measurements). I assumed that what was written on the final signed off plans would be what I would get when the house was built...but now I am not so sure....
So since PCI I have been trying to tell Eden Brae they haven't made the driveway the right color. I have management involved now as well as SS etc. Today they advise indeed the color will be done as per the color selections and will be done shortly.

Hold on slow down? They are now saying they will simply coat/paint concrete and seal it. Ummm no, at the color consultation we were told they shake over the color (as we didn't pay for the entire mixed through color) and it was colored whilst it was wet.

Eden Brae trying to take the cheap route out? This is going to get interesting.
Just be careful you understand the fridge space measurement on kc plans & eb plans. They are frame to frame & don't include gyprock or skirting thickness, you also need some room for circulation sides of fridge so you don't want a tight fit. I just went through this & kc allow 130mm extra added to width of your fridge. So if you tell them your fridge is 900mm width they will add 130mm so the plans should show 1030mm. Think the default is 950mm on kc plans.
Anyone have pictures of gunmetal driveway color?
livewildcard

I do, pm your email as I have to do it from my mobile, dont know how to upload it here.
livewildcard

Thats not good news, my driveway is not too far and I have choose the same as yours below.

Designer Concrete Coatings Category/Colour DCC - Gunmetal Pattern Block

I dont have the picture as we saw color appointment
I have the picture from color appointment. They say once the sealer goes on it will magically make it 100 x darker. I think they are going to paint it behind my back. I want to see once its laid what others look like as mine right now looks like plain concrete.
livewildcard
I have the picture from color appointment. They say once the sealer goes on it will magically make it 100 x darker. I think they are going to paint it behind my back. I want to see once its laid what others look like as mine right now looks like plain concrete.

No, I mean I have a picture of my driveway.
Here's a pic of my driveway livewildcard which was done today in gun metal grey. Thankfully mine is right and i hope they fix yours properly.

Also spoke to our ss and we have a inspection on tuesday to make a list of everything that's wrong, so not long now hopefully
Hi,
Has anyone increased the size of their driveway - we want to increase ours as we have side access for our caravan - and I think unless we get it done at the same time it will look like an "add on" not to mention there might be a colour difference.
Welby - yours looks fantastic nad I love your front door.
Yep we increased our driveway, but each build has an allocated m2 and we were still in our allowance. So no extra cost. As part of the paved driveway promotion, we got a few more m2 for $2. This was with outback landscaping... So we got an additional area paved for our bins as well.
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum