Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building in Brooks Reach - Community Thread

Page 132 of 221
I was there on Saturday and I don't believe they had.

Kylez+Mitch2
I was down there today and I love your colours K+J.

Thanks Kylez...the roof pulled it altogether
We have had bricks delivered in today!
Kylez+Mitch2
We have had bricks delivered in today!

That's pretty awesome considering the weather has been so atrocious!!!
I know I was shocked too.

Sadly I think this rain will delay our pegging - very frustrating considering they've had since 17 Feb to peg! Won't jump ahead and assume though I guess...
My son had roof trusses delivered today. Which was a shock. I didn't think anything would get done today. Although windows were supposed to go in and haven't. It is supposed to fine to on Saturday. I wonder how many tradies will be down there working.
We put our house on the market today so this rain better do one cos we don't need too much of a hold up or we could end up homeless.
It all is starting to feel very real now. A little sad as this house has been our home for the past 11 years and we have very fond memories here.
Our block was pegged today, we also got some fencing up but sadly I think it was suppose to be for next door.
Good to know they still pegged in the pouring rain Chris! Shame about the fence though
Great stuff Debbiejo, all the best with the sale of your home!
We had our shutters installed by warrigal blinds yesterday and boy do they look good

Driveway will be started this week as well finally.

Hope they start on your block Nat.
James+Ash your shutters look
Love the look from the outside! How long did they take to make up and install?

Nat84 I can't believe it's taken so long for you! Fingers crossed your pegged shortly.

Debbiejo Good luck with selling your house

Chris_Symphony congrats on being pegged!

It's a beautiful day today and I have the day off, I might pop down and check out everyones builds.
Blinds look unreal James and ash!

How did your place hold up with the rain last night?
Wow James and Ash - what a difference the blinds make! They look amazing, and it's exciting for me because now I know how they will look on my windows, considering we have the same facade hehe

Yeah natlyn, it's been a long road! But it will all be worth it

Today is beautiful, but sounds like the calm before yet another storm!
Thanks everyone we can now finally move into the master bedroom haha.

Natlyn - they took 8 weeks to be manufactured once we finally decided who to go with and put down some money. Install was quick only a hour or so they panels came pre made so all they had to do was piece together the frame and screw into the window frames then hang the panels on and square them upchanged the whole feel of the house.

Katiewaity - The rain was def coming down. I now know I need to re-level the back yard in certain areas we had minor poolage in spots will get into that when spring comes around so the grass can bounce back easier. We even had rain under the alfresco wetting the table which we havnt had before :-\ will need to invest on some of those clear blinds maybe.

Nat84 - they will look great. Just wish we ordered them sooner haha. Hope it stays dry so they can peg your house out...and I can cut my grass haha but I'm keeping an eye on it as soon as something happens I'll be sure to let you know.
James+Ash
Nat84 - they will look great. Just wish we ordered them sooner haha. Hope it stays dry so they can peg your house out...and I can cut my grass haha but I'm keeping an eye on it as soon as something happens I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks for that! Hopefully they will get out there in the next couple of days
I love the look of plantation shutters - so streamline. We have ordered ours already subject to final measure.
Kylez+Mitch2
I love the look of plantation shutters - so streamline. We have ordered ours already subject to final measure.

That is awesome Kylez, who did you order them through? So you can order them a few months in advance, didn't realise that! Might have to start looking into some quotes
We got ours through accent blinds and we got a pretty good deal.

Definitely get quotes because that's his we got our deal and got them to come down in price.

Obviously they will still take a little while to make, we are hoping our SS will allow them to do the final measure at lock up so they can be installed just after handover.

Kylez+Mitch2
We got ours through accent blinds and we got a pretty good deal.

Definitely get quotes because that's his we got our deal and got them to come down in price.

Obviously they will still take a little while to make, we are hoping our SS will allow them to do the final measure at lock up so they can be installed just after handover.

Ahhh I see, so they cannot actually order them until they have done the final measure up - makes sense! Yeah I have a few places in mind that people have recommended so I might start getting quotes, thanks for that
Related
22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

22/06/2023
7 Steps - For a successful building project

Renovation + Home Improvement

Following these simple steps will help you mitigate unwanted costs, have your expectations met and give…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum