Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Boutique Homes

Page 132 of 172
All builders will have both negative and positive reviews...I think in general most of the people building with Boutique are quite ok with their build...it is only when things get sour that it get's amplified. Msg those that have completed their build and see what they will say. We only see the rants when things are not completed or dobe but after the build very few people get back to this forum and post.

Thanks travelbugvee and 7th_Cavalry. This really gives me some peace of mind.

skycloud
Hoping to gain some insights - why do we see so many 5 star reviews full of praise on product review which doesn't seem to corroborate with the experience people share in this forum? not with just Boutique but Carlisle etc. I know that builders offer vouchers/ ipad etc. for the reviews but is that the only reason?

I did see an incentive a few months ago- $200 Freedom vouched for a review.... If we were building I would spin some shiiiiT online to get a voucher. Haha.

Follow my building journey at
www.twentythreesquares.wordpress.com
I was lucky to get that incentive even got the $750 refer a friend plus movie tickets for completing feedback survey.

https://letsbuildwithboutique.wordpress.com
All moved in!!!!
Can't speak highly enough on our site supervisor he was here on Friday the day we moved checking on our appliance install and making sure everything was in order.
He even took our front door off to help us move our fridge inside and helping shift it through the doorway before putting door back on.
Still waiting on our range hood (one in box was dented so didn't install) and we need our heating commissioned.
Overall few hiccups among way as to be expected but couldn't be happier with finished product

jeeman
Mirror splashback has come out really good.. how much was the upgrade cost?

It ended up costing an additional $1379 for our mirror splashback in kitchen and butlers pantry

7th_Cavalry
All builders will have both negative and positive reviews...I think in general most of the people building with Boutique are quite ok with their build...it is only when things get sour that it get's amplified. Msg those that have completed their build and see what they will say. We only see the rants when things are not completed or dobe but after the build very few people get back to this forum and post.

Ok ill tell you all my view on after the build and let you all decide. Been in the house for 3 weeks now. House is good but not the best if I have to be honest. We have 3 doors that don't close as they weren't installed into lock space, today I was on my knees scraping grout off the tiles, already have cracking in square set cornices, water damage to plaster under alfresco, skirting in hallway already cracking away from plaster, they have installed standard heater unit rather than upgraded one we paid for, my video intercom is literally 2 metres high so we see the tip of everyone's heads, they didn't take plastic off floor trim and the caulking has clumps of dirt.

Hi All,

Just a quick update...progress so far:

15 June - Handed over to construction
30 June - Slab Inspection (minor corrections required)
1 July - Slabbed
20 July - Frame arrives and Chippies on site

Hope your builds are still moving (despite the recent unfavourable weather!)
Ooh great such positive feedback. I am going to invest in a private inspector. Unfortunately you don't know how 'on the ball' your site supervisor will be, nor will you have all tradies performing at 100%. My fiancé is a labourer and worked for private builders and volume builders sites. Guaranteed to have come across tradies influenced on drugs, pure dickheads, the ones that delay works, rush jobs, hiding what they can. (Mind you, you can't even have your own inducted/qualified/trusted personnel on site to do what they do because you know their quality and pay more attention to detail/cheaper/ than those employed... But that's another story. )

It's way too common and expected hopefully all your problems are rectified. I'm worried my square set cornices are going to look bad!

Ozden86
7th_Cavalry

Ok ill tell you all my view on after the build and let you all decide. Been in the house for 3 weeks now. House is good but not the best if I have to be honest. We have 3 doors that don't close as they weren't installed into lock space, today I was on my knees scraping grout off the tiles, already have cracking in square set cornices, water damage to plaster under alfresco, skirting in hallway already cracking away from plaster, they have installed standard heater unit rather than upgraded one we paid for, my video intercom is literally 2 metres high so we see the tip of everyone's heads, they didn't take plastic off floor trim and the caulking has clumps of dirt.

Thank you for your feedback Ozden86 and sorry to hear about your issues. Would be very interested to hear how fast Boutique rectifies these problems.

Jadeypox
Ooh great such positive feedback. I am going to invest in a private inspector. Unfortunately you don't know how 'on the ball' your site supervisor will be, nor will you have all tradies performing at 100%. My fiancé is a labourer and worked for private builders and volume builders sites. Guaranteed to have come across tradies influenced on drugs, pure dickheads, the ones that delay works, rush jobs, hiding what they can. (Mind you, you can't even have your own inducted/qualified/trusted personnel on site to do what they do because you know their quality and pay more attention to detail/cheaper/ than those employed... But that's another story. )

It's way too common and expected hopefully all your problems are rectified. I'm worried my square set cornices are going to look bad!

http://www.twentythreesquares.wordpress.com

We had Darbecca throughout our build and couldn't have been more happy with them. It was because of Darbecca, Boutique had to get Boral out to do our square set cornices as boutique couldn't do it properly. We do understand the house moves and cracks will occur but when it's been only 3 weeks and it's the areas they repaired last it makes you wonder.

skycloud
Ozden86
7th_Cavalry

Thank you for your feedback Ozden86 and sorry to hear about your issues. Would be very interested to hear how fast Boutique rectifies these problems.

Emailed them last night and still no reply

Ozden86
Jadeypox

We had Darbecca throughout our build and couldn't have been more happy with them. It was because of Darbecca, Boutique had to get Boral out to do our square set cornices as boutique couldn't do it properly. We do understand the house moves and cracks will occur but when it's been only 3 weeks and it's the areas they repaired last it makes you wonder.

Oh dear!!!

Hi everybody!

Brand new here. We are just about to start our building journey with B*utique - Riviera 29.
I have spent the last few weeks/months reading through the posts on this website and have learnt a lot from all of your experiences both good and bad.

Looking forward to chatting with you in the months to come.

J.
Ozden86
Jadeypox

We are planning on engaging Darbecca with our build too. Worth it for the peace of mind and I've heard good reviews about them. Which Inspections did you go with? They have 10 different ones on their website.
Waldorf_Grange_Build
Ozden86
Jadeypox

We are planning on engaging Darbecca with our build too. Worth it for the peace of mind and I've heard good reviews about them. Which Inspections did you go with? They have 10 different ones on their website.

We did all inspections from slab till final, had 2 re-inspections for peace of mind as our original SS got the sack and wanted to make sure new one rectified all issues before plaster then our final was also re-inspection.

Going with Darbecca has been the best decision ever! We had the frame stage inspected and the inconsistency and compliance found is a bit concerning, especially when you think you have paid for an inferior product.

Hi peeps.

I have moved in for 5 weeks now. Quite happy with the house.

I try to test my refrigerated aircon to make sure it work.

I found there was a tied around the aircon power box outside. I assume that's what it is. See picture.

I removed it and switch on. Heard a *clank* and nothing else. I turn the controller to cooling 8* and waited few minutes. Nothing. Went to the unit and the fan is not on. Am I missing something?

Just curious what the penalties are for delayed start on building if the land titles outside of Boutiques price protection guarantee?
Oh wow! Congratulations on finishing your build. I am no expert with refrigerated cooling. Best to call Boutique as it would be still under warranty.

Related
28/06/2023
Boutique Homes

General Discussion

Thanks for the insight.

15/09/2023
Sydney - Inner Suburbs - Boutique Builder Costs

Building A New House

Hi Simeon, PM'ed you the other day. Still waiting >

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum