Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 132 of 862
snoofie

Would love to hear if anyone has actually got a "sweet deal" there?

We did buy a rug there, which I have seen one at Target which is smaller but the same type, we paid $170 and the smaller one at Target is $200.
So we got a little sweet deal
Hi every one,
We are currently half way thru bricking!
Currently at day 141/ 20 wks since site start for a dbl storey 42sq house - cremorne!

Anyone that has built this type of house how long did your house take?

Referring to contract we should be complete by early nov! What does everyone else think?

Mel
Chorlton
eli-kay123
I would hope that it's standard procedure for the building inspector to be checking this on his/her rounds. If not, I would make a mention that you want the roof checked. I believe it's something that must be checked for peace of mind or pray for heavy rain weeks before handover and this will alert you if there is a broken roof tile(s).

Can anyone who has completed PCI and used an independant inspector confirm whether they get up on the roof as part of the inspection?

Thanks in advance....

When my parents built the inspector got up on the roof during PCI
Hi, The homeshow is on in Melbourne at Jeff's Shed on the 18-21st of August. You can get early bird tickets until the 17th of July for $7 on the website.
http://www.melbournehomeshow.com.au/index.htm
Well after 141 days (including tomorrow) we are having out PCI.
NHI found 30 faults including ones that were obvious to me like no sink installed in bench

I'm looking forward to the SS's response to the report , which he quickly sms'ed me a reply last night advising he had a plan for it all

With Hindsight I look back and go through the actual issues we've had and they are currently starting to fade in the background. I hope that the good feeling continues.
Will keep you posted

Blog is updated too
Twiggy
Chorlton
eli-kay123
I would hope that it's standard procedure for the building inspector to be checking this on his/her rounds. If not, I would make a mention that you want the roof checked. I believe it's something that must be checked for peace of mind or pray for heavy rain weeks before handover and this will alert you if there is a broken roof tile(s).

Can anyone who has completed PCI and used an independant inspector confirm whether they get up on the roof as part of the inspection?

Thanks in advance....

When my parents built the inspector got up on the roof during PCI

Thanks for the reply Twiggy......
Rups
Hi, The homeshow is on in Melbourne at Jeff's Shed on the 18-21st of August. You can get early bird tickets until the 17th of July for $7 on the website.
http://www.melbournehomeshow.com.au/index.htm

Thanks Rups,

Also if anyone is interested in going to the Building and Home Improvement expo 15-17 July, go to the link below and type in your details etc... promotion code is: RACV in order to get two for the price of one ($14.00). You will need credit card details to pay online. Otherwise if you are an RACV member you can show your card at the expo when purchasing tickets to redeem this offer.

To purchase tickets....
https://secure.tradevent.com.au/buildexpopublic2011/

To see who the exhibitors are etc...
http://www.buildexpo.com.au/

Also, ignore this message when you see it in the above link for purchasing tickets, it was for another competition. “Sorry, we have already given away the limit of 500 double passes on DOMAIN, better luck next time.”
George's
Well after 141 days (including tomorrow) we are having out PCI.
NHI found 30 faults including ones that were obvious to me like no sink installed in bench

I'm looking forward to the SS's response to the report , which he quickly sms'ed me a reply last night advising he had a plan for it all

With Hindsight I look back and go through the actual issues we've had and they are currently starting to fade in the background. I hope that the good feeling continues.
Will keep you posted

Blog is updated too

Hi George's,
Thanks for the update, so close to the end now, I am sure the good feelings will continue, especially more so when you are dining out on your new Alfresco area. You’ve really made great use of your block from your previous house, the Foxely29 suits it perfectly. I really look forward to your update, please be sure to keep us in the loop. Cheers, Ebony
Hi, not in my case, the inspector did not get into the roof to check whether there are any broken roof tiles..

Chorlton

Thanks in advance....
Hi Mel,

I am building a double storey 35sqm house & in the contract it has specified 251 days to be completed the house. I would say the process was bit faster up to the fix stage & thereafter it took longer time. Between the fix stage completion to PCI it took 13 weeks & now it has been 2 weeks after the PCI & still we have not been advised a date for the handover.

At the lock up stage our SS said that we can expect the house at the end of May & we thought at least by the mid of June we would be able to move in, as generally the volume builders would not exceed the contract days as it would be a black mark for their big name & on the other hand the builder has to pay the rental which is $250 per a week.

What I would say is do not rely on the estimates you get from the SS, as most probably those days will drag for weeks & in some instances it would proceed the contract days. All depends on your luck I guess.....

All the best in your construction.............

mel_mox
Hi every one,
We are currently half way thru bricking!
Currently at day 141/ 20 wks since site start for a dbl storey 42sq house - cremorne!

Anyone that has built this type of house how long did your house take?

Referring to contract we should be complete by early nov! What does everyone else think?

Mel
George's
Will keep you posted

Blog is updated too

Hi Georges,

Just checked out your blog. Love your view !!!

The house is looking really good and am glad that everything is coming nicely together now. Makes all the stress and effort finally worth it !!! Well that's what I keep telling myself at the moment

All the best,
Chorlton
Hi,

Could anyone help me to figure out the whether the garage rear wall (middle one) has to be plasterboard based on the captured final drawing of the garage.

This is the only section which I was able to find out the final drawings of the garage. I cannot figure out which wall is mentioned to be plasterboad.

Drawing is in:
Sorry to ask a silly question but can someone tell me what a PCI is. I've seen this acronym alot and I don't know what it means.

Thanks in advance.
Roshi
Hi,

Could anyone help me to figure out the whether the garage rear wall (middle one) has to be plasterboard based on the captured final drawing of the garage.

This is the only section which I was able to find out the final drawings of the garage. I cannot figure out which wall is mentioned to be plasterboad.

Drawing is in:

Hi Roshi,

I hope I understand your question and I don't know if this helps you but as per my plans of the garage walls. I have plaster on the back wall as it backs on the rumpus and plaster on the wall where the door entering the house as it backs onto the entry hall. The side of the wall that is free e.g. not backing onto anything is bricked. If you don't have a room backing onto the back wall of your garage then I would say it will be brick faced. I would think it's the same for all PD homes but I could be wrong.
Hi eli-kay123,
PCI stands for Practical Completion Inspection, this will be carried out at the later stage of the construction to go through the entire house with your site Supervisor. At the PCI you could verify each & everything of the house & if you see any defects, you could let the supervisor know, so they will rectify it before the handover.
Generally PD would take 7 days from the PCI to the handover, but practically this would drag based on the defects of the final product.
PCI stage comes after the Fix stage & the following items would be carried out in the building. At the end of the PCI Stage the Certificate of Occupancy will be issued.

(The following details I have extracted from the Porter Davis Site - 24x7)

Practical Completion Inspection:

Preparing for completion: Final fit-offs occur which involves completing the electrical, plumbing, alarm, vacuum and heating systems. All door furniture, doorstops, mirrors, shower screens and floor coverings will be installed where applicable.

Paint touch-ups, cleaning, caulking of wet areas and articulation joints, and site cleaning have been completed. Final inspections for the certificate of occupancy and compliance will be completed.

Now that your home has been completed you will be required to meet your Construction Supervisor on site to inspect your new home together.

Please note that no appliances will be fitted until settlement has been arranged to avoid theft or damage.

You will then be required to meet your Supervisor for a final inspection of your home prior to settlement.

eli-kay123
Sorry to ask a silly question but can someone tell me what a PCI is. I've seen this acronym alot and I don't know what it means.

Thanks in advance.
Roshi
Hi,

Drawing is in:

Hi Roshi,

What does your floor plan show? There should be a note on there identifying which walls will have plasterboard.
Hi Chorlton,

I cannot figure out based on the floor plan and will add it here to see whether you would be able to identify it.

Thanks....

Chorlton

Hi Roshi,

What does your floor plan show? There should be a note on there identifying which walls will have plasterboard.
Roshi
Hi Chorlton,

I cannot figure out based on the floor plan and will add it here to see whether you would be able to identify it.

Thanks....

Chorlton

Hi Roshi,

Looks like the whole garage is brick face
Roshi
Hi Chorlton,

Thanks....

Chorlton

Hi Roshi,

i would say the entry/garage wall is plastered and the other two bricked.
Roshi
Hi Chorlton,

Thanks....

Chorlton

Hi Roshi,

As tstr1a has commented, based on the floor plan I would say its face brick only in the Garage.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum