Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

LYNDARUM/AURORA/SUMMERHILL ESTATES: Epping, Victoria

Page 132 of 224
Rabbitboy
Am currently with Iprimus but want to move to iinett called them this morning and they said they would do the switch over for me is it really that simple? Hesitant to cut something off that is working but apparently a Bob through iinett you simply plug into the phone line and that will set me up with a wireless which I currently don't have!

You do not have to change providers simply to get wifi. Didn't you get a wireless router from iprimus? I got the Linksys E1000 wireless router from iprimus and it works out of the box. If you do not want your neighbour to access your internet just set up wifi security

Cheers,
Quote:
our builder send us an email notifying us that handover is mid December, I thought I might as well share the good news with my future neighbours...

That's exciting news, Ashrey. All the best for the move
Hi Ashrey, Have you moved to your new home ?
no we haven't, as the matter of fact, they still got small bits and pieces to fix before they can do the handover. but it should not be long though, lucky that I did not give notice to the place I am currently living in otherwise it would not have been pretty.

How about yourself edgars road ? Have you moved in as yet?

There is certainly lot of activities around edgars road these days with houses going up on both side of road at once.
We haven't moved yet . Base and Framing done . I guess it will take another 2 to 3 months to finish. Can't wait.

You are right there are houses building up on both sides of edgars road.
Hi everyone,
I haven't been on this forum for ages- just wanted to know if anyone else just heard what sounded suspiciously like a gunshot around the Camoflage Dr area?

It was very very loud, woke us up and sounded very close by. Could have been a firework or a car backfiring but I don't think so.

I want everyone to feel safe in the estate, if you see any suspicious activity please let us know on this forum so we can be aware.

Thanks and goodnight.
Marleena - are you aware there is a clay shooting range in Vearings Rd (other side of the Hume)?

Good to see the park/path areas are ticking along now. The sections along Whitelight Ave & Brunswick Dr will be great.

Only noticed this info about the town centre the other day - I would assume late 2014 though haha http://www.auroraestate.com.au/cs/Satellite?c=VPage&cid=1339118177376&pagename=AuroraOnline%2FVPage%2FAURPage

Also Nearmap has been updated in the past week.
How do you still get nearmap access? From what I can see, it's been completely locked down behind a pay wall now.
Hi acherion. Was accessing at work (work for an insurer), we use the product.

Didn't realsie they were changing to a pay method - suppose it had to happen at some stage.
In case you didn't know already, you can access Craigieburn Road via the Summerhill estate now.

Discovered this on one of my many LOOOONG walks around the estate.

Marleena - given that you posted on 30 December I'd say what you heard was fireworks. It seems that every second house in this area lights them. They are illegal and utterly annoying but that doesn't stop people.
Hi guys.

Has anyone recently settled on a block in Summerhill. I'm just wondering how your valuation went with the bank?
Hi Everyone... I got an query for people who have build in Aurora. Vic urban provides us with fibre and 5 points for tv data etc.. My builder does not provide electrical appointment but I have to mark everything on electrical plan. On top of this the builder has not built before in Aurora..
How did you guys manage to put points at your prefered location. There is also discripency as my builder provides 2 tv points and vic urban( sorry places victoria) provides 5 ..
Thanks in advance
Cheers
As far as I know, PV is the one does the job to put the five TV/Data/Phone points in before the plaster stage. You'v already paid for it which is part of your cost for the land, it has very clear clause and drawing in your land contract (if my memory is correct), so you definitely can get five points. Once you provide your preference of where the points are, the builder needs to put it in their electrical plan and submit it to PV for approval.
Thanks aurorafrog.... Do you guys have any idea baout site costs in aurora for 32 sq house with P class and H2 soil.. I am bit scared about my expected site costs as i believe northern suburbs are really rocky?
Sorry, mine like many others, the site cost is included in the total price regardless the condition of the site.

Yes you are right, there are many rocks in Aurora, my site had heaps dig out. But who knows, you might be lucky.

The builder should give you an estimate if it's not a fixed site cost. However, the builder's estimate can be much less than the actual cost (could be 30k less in some cases I heard) as they want you to commit into the contract, then give you a big bill later on.
There are lots of rocks here. Hardly surprising one of the streets in the estate is Rockfield Street - a field of rocks. I'd be getting my site costs fixed in the contract if you can.

We had to pay $10K extra in concrete costs for the slab as that was one variable in our contract that wasn't locked on price.

Regarding TV/data points, our house has points in every room and in some rooms we have 3 or 4. We put them all over the place, but we built with a builder who no longer builds here so that's not very helpful.
thanks aurorafrof & oztrish
Anyone's Internet down? I'm with Iprimus
rora
Anyone's Internet down? I'm with Iprimus

Just rang Iprimus - Apparently there's a widespread problem and they're working on it...
Phones are out too..
Related
6/02/2024
Property Boundaries in New Estates

General Discussion

The setback from the kerb is 4m. It is council land to provide an area for services like sewer main, gas mains, water mains, underground power or poles for overhead power,…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

3/09/2023
Can you build on both side fence boundaries (Victoria)?

General Discussion

Hey everyone Not for me or anyone I know, just generally interested. For a single allotment house, are you allowed to take the fence on both sides of your house and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum