Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR - Allcastle Homes Grandworth 45 MK2

Page 14 of 19
Have a look at champion homes. At least u got the site inspection done.

But 100k is about right. Ours on waffle pod was 30k site cost.
Flood zone will require raised floor level to 1 in 100 year flood level plus margin and that increase the drop edge beam and brick cost. Site access is also a big cost. My finished floor level raised by 0.8m and my additional site cost is 70k.
[quote="LevaneT":1riok887]Flood zone will require raised floor level to 1 in 100 year flood level plus margin and that increase the drop edge beam and brick cost. Site access is also a big cost. My finished floor level raised by 0.8m and my additional site cost is 70k.[/quote:1riok887]

Thanks L, Allcastle sales also explained all of those to me, and We agreed with the site cost because of lots of works added.

But we won’t be able to build a house now after we met up with our sales....

the reason to quit is - we have to raise the building by 1.84M....I used to think it is only around 1 meter, but after I double confirmed the site plan, I noticed it is nearly 2M....it sounds ridiculous but it is 1%AEP + 500mm, also a must pass DA.

If we decide to go with that, you can imagine my neighbours’ shocking face when they see a 1.84 high driveway block all their views, also it is quite dangerous if we didn’t raise the whole land, as we may fall from the driveway and break the neck...

We don’t want to add another storey in the existing building thus we decide to sell the property later on, as it is still in great condition.

Probably I will go for a ready to knock down property near the place I am living in and continue pursuing our dream house in the near future.

It is nice to know you all, thank you for your helps
Great discussion!
Thanks a lot, everyone for providing a detailed insight into your builds.
We have paid the initial money to do the soil test etc to get a tender drafted. We are looking to build the Grandworth 42.5 with slight modifications at Baulkham Hills in NSW. It will be a KDR. We are working with Julia Clay from the Kellyville office. She has been upfront and open so far building our confidence to sign up with them. Our home plan with all the changes has come to $450K plus demo costs, electrical and any other upgrades. I'm keen to have a look at the included flooring options (tiles, carpets, laminates etc) to get an idea on what they are offering without upgrading. Has anyone got photos from their appointments with tile and carpet companies? Thanks in advance
CYNNAV
Great discussion!
We have paid the initial money to do the soil test etc to get a tender drafted. We are looking to build the Grandworth 42.5 with slight modifications at Baulkham Hills in NSW. It will be a KDR. We are working with Julia Clay from the Kellyville office. She has been upfront and open so far building our confidence to sign up with them. Our home plan with all the changes has come to $450K plus demo costs, electrical and any other upgrades. I'm keen to have a look at the included flooring options (tiles, carpets, laminates etc) to get an idea on what they are offering without upgrading. Has anyone got photos from their appointments with tile and carpet companies? Thanks in advance

Expect another $30 ka at the colouring appointment and $20 at the electricals , tiles would be $10m at least ...

Plus drive way $20 , land scape about $30k at least so.... watch out
electrical, expect at least 10k,

colour depends on what you want, we only spend 15k. we actually removed all carpeting from upper floor and did full tiles with the flooring company, this was another 30k.

450k seems low, you must have a very flat land as we have a drop of less than 1m and our site cost alone was 30k. is that 450k including the free upgrades to 2.59m?

anyways just be prepared for the electrical as you will be surprised how many lights you actually need. we ended up with 28 additional light points alone plus the 10 free so 38 all up. if i remember correct double GPO are $100ish each, if you have two per room thats about 1500 to 2000 right there, just don't forget the double GPO in the corridor, else you will be having fun dragging the vacuum on really long extension cords. have a look on my first post, i have our floor plan there.
ymiao4398

colour depends on what you want, we only spend 15k. we actually removed all carpeting from upper floor and did full tiles with the flooring company, this was another 30k.

450k seems low, you must have a very flat land as we have a drop of less than 1m and our site cost alone was 30k. is that 450k including the free upgrades to 2.59m?

anyways just be prepared for the electrical as you will be surprised how many lights you actually need. we ended up with 28 additional light points alone plus the 10 free so 38 all up. if i remember correct double GPO are $100ish each, if you have two per room thats about 1500 to 2000 right there, just don't forget the double GPO in the corridor, else you will be having fun dragging the vacuum on really long extension cords. have a look on my first post, i have our floor plan there.

Wow really? 30k for a frop of less than 1m? And i was told my site cost wont be more than 10k. Getting a nasty feeling thinking if ive been mislead to get me to start with them.

And how are u guys spending so much on electrical. Im looking at 3k tops but i am being very conservative.
drop less then 1m, but we had about nearly 30 drop beam edges as it's not a consistent drop, but just one quadrant.

it's actually 15k for site cost, i forgot we had the alfresco cost added to it.

3k you wont' get much for electrical, a batten holder is $69, and that is the bare minimum you can get for a light point. led downlights are 139 each. two way switch is $75, internal double gpo is: 79, external 195, it all adds up.

you can ask them for an electrical price list when you book in your colour appointment.

but once you get the tender, the price on it is the price you pay, so if it says 10k for site cost then it's 10k.

other things you need to look out for is, there might be a basix upgrade needed after all the colour appointment. also you might need a stormwater pit which is a separate cost, around 3k for our.

we budgeted 100k for landscaping, luckily only used 50k, this is driveway and fencing and retaining wall etc.

oh yeah in the tender ask them to make it full brick, as the first floor is fibro boards on the rear side
Sadly we cant afford all those atm. We were planning to save up a couple more yrs before rebuilding, but then the drain pipes breaks down and might cost around 15k to fix. We decided it wasnt worth it in a really old house.

Now we have a really strict budget that i have to work with and theres only one design that wife and i liked. Sadly it leaves very little for upgrades so im doing the bare minimum that cant be changed later
then negotiate for some additional infinity selection vouchers.

it's going to be really expensive later if you don't have the Light points on the groundfloor, even if they are just battens, upper floor not so much as it's pretty easy to wire up.

but i'm just saying there are always going to be hidden costs, ACH is fairly good on it, but 100k is the minimum i would budget additionally to the build cost. due to variations and after handover jobs.

just remember light fittings after handover is another cost. we are lucky my brother is a sparky, so we save on the sparky cost, but a light fitting is around the $10-40 mark each, then you got the bulbs. so all these small things add up.

have you costed up demo yet? it's around another 20-30k.
Demo yes
And yeah we are doing all ground floor stuff as priority
Thing like driveway, landscaping, fencing we can do later
just one thing to remember, the longer you leave landscaping the harder it is to clear, our land was like a forest after handover,
ymiao4398

Site costs have been tentatively added as 30k and we have been given an allowance of 6K for electricals. There is a 12K cash back offer which was included. The final price with the facade is $465k plus demo costs. And yes we are getting high ceilings in the ground floor and ducted aircon. What coucil and DA costs are not covered by ACH in their price? How much should we add for these?
the facade cost does not include full brick on the back wall, if you want full brick it's another 6k-9kish.

DA costs are all included, unless additional BASIX upgrades are needed. council we had to pay an inspection fee to the council for the council owned part of the driveway i think around $300.

demo around 20-30k. 6k electrical is okish unless you want to add networking points. it's the colour selection that could be over budget for you. e.g. if you want full floor to ceiling tiles in the bathrooms in the standard tile range it's goign to be around 9k upgrade, if you want better tiles as the standard ones are not that great your looking at another 5kish. that's just tiles, carpet if you want to upgrade the carpet it's around 3k i think. i would not do laminated flooring with them, if you want to do laminated flooring get the carpet/tiles removed from that section and find someone after handover to do. they were quoting $80/sqm to upgrade and it's a fairly low quality flooring. you can get quickstep installed for less then $100/sqm

their secureview screen doors are priced reasonably, we paid $1k for the front door one. which is on par doing it after handover.

but yes your colour selection the cost will add up. if i add in my tiles cost we spent 45k all up in colour selection. and thats after the 12k voucher.

i suggest you don't do any tile upgrade at the colour selection, but do it with the tilers directly.
Mojitostan
CYNNAV
Great discussion!

Expect another $30 ka at the colouring appointment and $20 at the electricals , tiles would be $10m at least ...

Wowza. The sales person told me, in fact, you can do both driveway and landscaping with the 12K allowance, which I think is a joke reading all the comments on landscaping. What is the minimum we need to do in terms of landscaping to get the OC certificate? I want to keep the costs low there. Also, there is a stormwater easement in the property. We have a 700sqm land.
ymiao4398
the facade cost does not include full brick on the back wall, if you want full brick it's another 6k-9kish.

DA costs are all included, unless additional BASIX upgrades are needed. council we had to pay an inspection fee to the council for the council owned part of the driveway i think around $300.

demo around 20-30k. 6k electrical is okish unless you want to add networking points. it's the colour selection that could be over budget for you. e.g. if you want full floor to ceiling tiles in the bathrooms in the standard tile range it's goign to be around 9k upgrade, if you want better tiles as the standard ones are not that great your looking at another 5kish. that's just tiles, carpet if you want to upgrade the carpet it's around 3k i think. i would not do laminated flooring with them, if you want to do laminated flooring get the carpet/tiles removed from that section and find someone after handover to do. they were quoting $80/sqm to upgrade and it's a fairly low quality flooring. you can get quickstep installed for less then $100/sqm

their secureview screen doors are priced reasonably, we paid $1k for the front door one. which is on par doing it after handover.

but yes your colour selection the cost will add up. if i add in my tiles cost we spent 45k all up in colour selection. and thats after the 12k voucher.

i suggest you don't do any tile upgrade at the colour selection, but do it with the tilers directly.

Thanks mate! I was going to keep the carpet upstairs and just stick to the one that is included in the price. I have a young child and hope to have more and hence expect the carpet will be trashed as they grow up. Will change the flooring upstairs later. Downstairs flooring is something I'm more interested in. The inclusion is 600x300 porcelain glazed tiles, bamboo or laminate. I was thinking to go with the porcelain tiles or the laminate depending on the options available. Do you have any pics of the included tile and laminate ranges? Btw who is the tile supplier maybe I can google the products them if you have a name.
CYNNAV
Mojitostan
CYNNAV
Great discussion!

Wowza. The sales person told me, in fact, you can do both driveway and landscaping with the 12K allowance, which I think is a joke reading all the comments on landscaping. What is the minimum we need to do in terms of landscaping to get the OC certificate? I want to keep the costs low there. Also, there is a stormwater easement in the property. We have a 700sqm land.

Afaik ACH will issue you the OC on handover. You can do the rest later
of course you can do it later, i'm just saying the longer you leave it the more costly it is, also water will pile up around the house if the drainage isn't good.
CYNNAV
ymiao4398

Thanks mate! I was going to keep the carpet upstairs and just stick to the one that is included in the price. I have a young child and hope to have more and hence expect the carpet will be trashed as they grow up. Will change the flooring upstairs later. Downstairs flooring is something I'm more interested in. The inclusion is 600x300 porcelain glazed tiles, bamboo or laminate. I was thinking to go with the porcelain tiles or the laminate depending on the options available. Do you have any pics of the included tile and laminate ranges? Btw who is the tile supplier maybe I can google the products them if you have a name.

Parador Classic series, they have it on display at the office ground floor.
Herre
Yes, they will upgrade the ground floor to 2.59 for free as it is included in the super infinite package.

Hi guys,

I've just discovered this forum and wish I'd done so earlier. We're doing a KDR in Pendle Hill building a Grandworth Newbury MKII 37. We've just had the slab laid 6/05 and they've done outdoor drainage 10/05, frames to be delivered 15/05, went steel frames with hybrid trusses. Seems to be progressing quickly.

We upgraded ground floor to 3M ($8k) and upstairs to 2.7 ($4k), as my wife and I want ceiling fans and have always fancied high cielings. Thank you all for your insight and happy to keep this going to contribute as we progress and any help or suggestions along the way is appreciated
Related
15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

25/04/2024
AllCastle Cashback offer 2023

Building A New House

Was the offer also on their website? If so, you could check the Wayback Machine.

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum