Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our First Home - Building with Valeco in Brookhaven Estate

Page 14 of 17
Your bathrooms look great, wait until the mirrors go in and the paint is up, and the taps are in. It will all come together at the end. Don't worry i'm sure i'll be saying the same thing when our house gets to that stage too haha

Any thoughts on what you wanted for the splashback? We are going for this http://www.beaumont-tiles.com.au/All-Pr ... a+&pspid=6 laid in herringbone, but could do subway style as well. Or just a plain white in herringbone

Those marble tiles came in a larger size too (it was too expensive for us) if you liked the marble look still. but they are still smaller compared to the usual tile people use for subway etc
kailie86
I think everything is looking great! I’m sure once it’s done and everything comes together you’ll feel differently. So great that they’re retiling the splashback. What about a larger plain subway tile, laid in a herringbone pattern?

Thanks Kailie, im feeling a lot better about the house today lol! oh the emotions!

I was thinking a long thin subway in brick bond, nice and simple. I would love it to be laid in herringbone but my fiance doesn't trust the tiler after this fiasco lol
So I was out at the house for like 4 hours today, painter was covering everything up to start next week and I sorting things out with the site supervisor and getting an update on timelines and such, most of my time was spent waiting for spotlight to come and measure for our curtains and shutters - which might I add, were 2 hours late!

PCI booked for 6th July and Handover booked for 23rd July. SS said he highly doubts these dates will change.

I am still torn on whether to rip the tiles out and choose a new one or not. I took some more pictures today, its weird because nobody can really see the dark spots too much until we take the photo. I can't even see them! The when I go up close, I can't tell the difference lol!

if we keep it:
Pros - range hood will cover the dark patch up the top, white grout will go in and hopefully make it all lighter again. Also we will get compensated, SS told us we could choose an upgrade (within reason) that we wanted. I'm thinking pull down kitchen mixer or a pull handle for the front door? anyone got anything else lol

Cons - the white grout might only enhance the dark tiles and make them worse?

and now up close.. it all looks fine lol

Linen, ceiling hung sheers! can't want to have them up.

You know how I am on the grey/white grout with my own tiles like these, so i'm no help there. but trust your first instinct. I'll see if I can attach a couple of photos in private message that i found in my research the other week with the exact Beaumont tiles with the grout
CC7
You know how I am on the grey/white grout with my own tiles like these, so i'm no help there. but trust your first instinct. I'll see if I can attach a couple of photos in private message that i found in my research the other week with the exact Beaumont tiles with the grout

Yes! I can see your frustration though from those picture u sent. Such a heat decision to make!

Can’t believe you found those pictures, I’ve looked everywhere lol
breebarter
CC7

Yes! I can see your frustration though from those picture u sent. Such a heat decision to make!

Can’t believe you found those pictures, I’ve looked everywhere lol

oh I search deep! and i only wanted the tiles Beaumont carry in the photos, that's all i got after hours and hours ahaha.
love those sheer curtains breebarter - did they cost much? What did you decide for the backsplash?
breebarter
So I was out at the house for like 4 hours today, painter was covering everything up to start next week and I sorting things out with the site supervisor and getting an update on timelines and such, most of my time was spent waiting for spotlight to come and measure for our curtains and shutters - which might I add, were 2 hours late!

PCI booked for 6th July and Handover booked for 23rd July. SS said he highly doubts these dates will change.

I am still torn on whether to rip the tiles out and choose a new one or not. I took some more pictures today, its weird because nobody can really see the dark spots too much until we take the photo. I can't even see them! The when I go up close, I can't tell the difference lol!

if we keep it:
Pros - range hood will cover the dark patch up the top, white grout will go in and hopefully make it all lighter again. Also we will get compensated, SS told us we could choose an upgrade (within reason) that we wanted. I'm thinking pull down kitchen mixer or a pull handle for the front door? anyone got anything else lol

I think herringbone tiles looks great. We have them as the featured tiles in our bathrooms s well. There's always some colour differences with a natural product.

What you will need to do is definitely seal the grout and tiles once you move in. Otherwise its going to be extremely difficult to keep clean due to the cooking an the oils.

gr8ly
love those sheer curtains breebarter - did they cost much? What did you decide for the backsplash?

Hey!

They are made to measure from spotlight, we are getting our sheers and plantations from there.
40% off at the moment so we got ceiling drop linen sheers for our corner less stacker for $1000 including the aluminium Flexi rail. I thought that was pretty cheap!

We have decided to leave the splash back and will get compensated instead, fiancé chose a towel ladder because we knew the standard one in our ensuite was going to be so impractical. I would have loved a new kitchen mixer but it’s probably easier to change that later than drilling new holes into our tiles for the towel ladder.

Still don’t know if this was a good decision or not, but something I have to live with if it turns out bad !
Renman
breebarter

if we keep it:

I think herringbone tiles looks great. We have them as the featured tiles in our bathrooms s well. There's always some colour differences with a natural product.

What you will need to do is definitely seal the grout and tiles once you move in. Otherwise its going to be extremely difficult to keep clean due to the cooking an the oils.

Thanks Renman! I’m trying to maintain positive about it lol!

Will definitely have to speak to the tiler about what sealer to get, I’m sure we can just get something from Bunnings?
breebarter
Renman
breebarter

if we keep it:

Thanks Renman! I’m trying to maintain positive about it lol!

Will definitely have to speak to the tiler about what sealer to get, I’m sure we can just get something from Bunnings?
I am doing the same research as well. Beaumont Tiles have a product that last for 20 years so they claim.

Had lots of painting this week!
Facade colours are coming together, just need the cladding and around the garage door painted and around the bottom of the cladding rendered and painted.

Door and wooden posts were stained, as well as the timber battens at the front. Love the how the stain came up on them!

I think the painting inside is almost finished, can’t really get a great picture though.

those posts look really gorgeous, such a great colour
i think you made the right decision... the backsplash looks fine to me
loving your progress. the front door has finished nicely and the stain brings it all together. We actually instructed for our wood feature to be painted.. not sure we made the right decision there seeing yours.
CC7
those posts look really gorgeous, such a great colour

Thanks
I love them too eeeek!

gr8ly
i think you made the right decision... the backsplash looks fine to me
loving your progress. the front door has finished nicely and the stain brings it all together. We actually instructed for our wood feature to be painted.. not sure we made the right decision there seeing yours.

We had to pay extra for the stained battens, worth every penny and it’s actually woodland grey painted behind them too.
Although I do love Stacey’s feature battens and hers are painted! The thing I’ve learnt it to stick with your gut lol! I’m sure they will look fantastic, what colour did you choose?
hmm i don't even remember it was so long ago LOL! I think it was our feature blue colour
gr8ly
hmm i don't even remember it was so long ago LOL! I think it was our feature blue colour

I just went back in your thread to have a look, I think it’s the dark blue, that’s a lovely colour! We want to paint the inset of our entertainment nook in the media a very similar colour.
yeah it would be that colour - haha!
Painter and tiler were working some overtime today. Painting finished now.
And more photos! Splash back finished and grouted.
And the facade is basically finished now woop! A bit 50 shades of grey lol

Related
21/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Congrats. Will be watching this progress and interested to see how you go with summit.

6/10/2023
First time building.

General Discussion

Can anyone give me any onfo on New Homes WA? Good or bad, hopefully good just need to know if my choice was good or not? Thanks ❤️

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum