Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes - Modified Grange 29

Page 14 of 17
also. you girls need to work out what my partner and I should do to our front yard hahaha. I think we will be living with a dirt pile for a while
CC7
thats so annoying about the shutters! at least they have refunded you the install fee. I think we will be living with some random sheeting up on the window for a bit too. We havent really worked out what we want for ours yet. Theres so much to do after handover and i've been getting so anxious about it all

Oh i lived on pinterest for a couple of months trying to think what looks good - really, i have no idea 🀷 im just winging it and praying it'll look okay!
I have 2 of my 3 windows with plastic sheeting 🀣 and the other window has a blanket covering a mirrorπŸ™Š how fancy is that!
We actually arent allowed to have temporary window coverings once we have moved in, nor are we meant to move in without at least landscaping the front.
What can i say.... we live on the edge 🀣... rules are meant to be broken 😊
We've got a billion and one things to do also now that we've handed over... i really didnt realise just how much until we moved in!
we kind of didnt think about it too much because it was so far away and there was other things to focus on. but now its the time to start thinking of landscape in more detail and not just rough quotes, and blinds, and fly screens. The flyscreens is more trying to tee it up so they get installed quite soon after handover

I don't think temporary window coverings is allowed with our estate either haha, and landscaping is meant to be done quite quickly after move in. but what are they going to do? sue us? Gosh i hope not hahaha. People also aren't allowed timber retainers in the front, or mail boxes on poles, but i've seen a few of them around!

We aren't sure what to do with the back yard hahaha, not that theres much of it, we want it to look pretty but I don't think it gets any sun

I just want to move in and have a bath... after i've put up those temporary sheeting to the windows in the master haha
CC7
we kind of didnt think about it too much because it was so far away and there was other things to focus on. but now its the time to start thinking of landscape in more detail and not just rough quotes, and blinds, and fly screens. The flyscreens is more trying to tee it up so they get installed quite soon after handover

I don't think temporary window coverings is allowed with our estate either haha, and landscaping is meant to be done quite quickly after move in. but what are they going to do? sue us? Gosh i hope not hahaha. People also aren't allowed timber retainers in the front, or mail boxes on poles, but i've seen a few of them around!

We aren't sure what to do with the back yard hahaha, not that theres much of it, we want it to look pretty but I don't think it gets any sun

I just want to move in and have a bath... after i've put up those temporary sheeting to the windows in the master haha

Haha you can have my plastic sheeting whenever my shutters arrive🀣
I hear ya - we're supposed to have a rendered letterbox... but ive seen quite a few wooden letterboxes.
We're also supposed to have lapped and capped diving fences, however our neighbour on one side put up good neighbour fencing!!!
And we got a growly email about the planter boxes we have at the front of our house 😠
Our estate is also supposed to be an owner occupied estate - but our next door neighbours are renters, as well as the people across the road... so obviously they dont follow their own rules!

I thought you were going to have some nice greenery in your back yard? Its hard to decide, hey?
Im so looking forward to seeing your splashback with the grey grout.... i actually cant wait!
haha i will gladly take your plastic sheeting, one less thing we have to buy to be honest

oh i love the idea of no renters!! So strange that they allow that to happen, but get cranky about some damn planter boxes. One of the houses next to us we are 99% sure of is being built by a building company only. It's a bit basic, and the bathroom feature tile seemed dated (how is that even possible on a new build) so i'm actually fearing the type of people that will probably rent it. but that's me jumping to the worst conclusion

Oh i'm paranoid about grout colours for both the kitchen and bathroom splashback. I'm hoping the medium grey colour isn't too dark with the benchtops, but i'm more worried about the white grout with the marble herringbone tile in the bathroom against the Urban top. I know the grout can play a huge thing in what colour in the tiles pops out, i'm wishing we scrapped the marble for something more plain but we had our heart set on those tiles forever so I felt like we needed to put them somewhere.

once she showed us the kitchen ones i instantly loved them more (she showed us them after the bathroom was done of course)

I really did want greenery to the yard, but i fear nothing will survive hahaha, im hoping we at least get some sun where the clothes line will go.

We usually head out to see the block around the same time, so i will have to try and take notes of the sun at different times and then do some proper research on plants that will work out the back, and that are low maintenance so i can't kill them either
Dylandbrooke
CC7
thats so annoying about the shutters! at least they have refunded you the install fee. I think we will be living with some random sheeting up on the window for a bit too. We havent really worked out what we want for ours yet. Theres so much to do after handover and i've been getting so anxious about it all

Oh i lived on pinterest for a couple of months trying to think what looks good - really, i have no idea 🀷 im just winging it and praying it'll look okay!
I have 2 of my 3 windows with plastic sheeting 🀣 and the other window has a blanket covering a mirrorπŸ™Š how fancy is that!
We actually arent allowed to have temporary window coverings once we have moved in, nor are we meant to move in without at least landscaping the front.
We've got a billion and one things to do also now that we've handed over... i really didnt realise just how much until we moved in!

Our contract says that we need to finish landscaping within 3 months of moving in. We had to pay a landscaping bond of $5000 which we get back if we finish the landscaping in 2 months. I don't remember reading anything about window coverings. That's a bit rough.

Covenants have been around for a long time. We were one of the first houses in Forest Ridge and the covenant was very strict. Certain size houses, good neighbour fences, aesthetically pleasing letterbox (I will always remember that one) and so on. That was 20 years ago and when we sold our house, it was worth more than similar size house only a suburb away. So, covenants work. But they can be a pain in the arse at the same time.
bestspecials
Dylandbrooke
CC7

Our contract says that we need to finish landscaping within 3 months of moving in. We had to pay a landscaping bond of $5000 which we get back if we finish the landscaping in 2 months. I don't remember reading anything about window coverings. That's a bit rough.

Covenants have been around for a long time. We were one of the first houses in Forest Ridge and the covenant was very strict. Certain size houses, good neighbour fences, aesthetically pleasing letterbox (I will always remember that one) and so on. That was 20 years ago and when we sold our house, it was worth more than similar size house only a suburb away. So, covenants work. But they can be a pain in the arse at the same time.

oh wow. i haven't heard of a landscaping bond.

covenants are good, or people would just put up carports, random front fences, blue paint render haha
Our estate has similar rules (no temp window covers, no pole letterboxes), but its pretty clear many people dont follow them and they seem to be getting away with it. Frustraing when you do the right thing.
cc7 bestspecials blackcat20 I agree, covenants are absolutely a good thing. Imagine a mish mash of letterboxes, fences, purple and yellow houses and playground equipment in the front yard πŸ˜‚πŸ€” not a good look!

Havent heard of a landscaping bond before 🀷 but bestspecials you're moving to swanky Newport πŸ˜‰ wish i could afford to live there!!!

I wish they would allow me to at least have slate concrete sleepers... instead of the concrete sleepers they want me to have. Promise ill make it look good πŸ˜‚
Exactly. Its a massive benefit to all home owners in the estate that everything looks nice and coordinated. We're not even allowed the same house/facade as any house within three of ours.
Yippeeee!!!! Shutters to be installed this Saturday morning to main bathroom, master bedroom and living room! Cant wait!!!!!!πŸ€—
Dylandbrooke
Yippeeee!!!! Shutters to be installed this Saturday morning to main bathroom, master bedroom and living room! Cant wait!!!!!!πŸ€—

But I like the red blanket curtain.
πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
bestspecials
Dylandbrooke

But I like the red blanket curtain.
πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ me too πŸ€₯πŸ€₯πŸ€₯πŸ€₯πŸ€₯πŸ€₯πŸ€₯
Can I ask who you got your shutters through? 😁
mj-mac4
Can I ask who you got your shutters through? 😁

Sure, we got them through diyonline blinds.
It was supposed to be a 6-8 week turnaround, but we're approaching 12 weeks now.
They did compensate us for the delay - we got the installation fee refunded - just over $500.
I think they had forgotten to be ordered 🀷
Wow love your kitchen 😍 what's your stone bench and cabinetry if you don't mind me asking?
Kevinmarques89
Wow love your kitchen 😍 what's your stone bench and cabinetry if you don't mind me asking?

Oh thank you! The benchtop is Caesarstone Oyster and the cabinetry is formica settler profile in polar white 😊
Dylandbrooke
Kevinmarques89

Oh thank you! The benchtop is Caesarstone Oyster and the cabinetry is formica settler profile in polar white 😊

Awesome thankyou! Was the cabinetry standard or an upgrade?
Kevinmarques89
Dylandbrooke
Kevinmarques89

Awesome thankyou! Was the cabinetry standard or an upgrade?

It was a $3762 upgrade πŸ™ˆ
It was a $3762 upgrade πŸ™ˆ[/quote]

Oh wow I didn't expect that much but it does look beautiful, well worth it I think. Do you know if you get more options to chose from at colour appointment if you go with Elegance inclusions? We are nearly in the process of paying our deposit so trying to work out the finer details
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum