Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building an Aegean230 with Mainvue.

Page 14 of 20
Facade windows are in.

Stacker doors are super heavy being double glazed.

Temp pivot door is in.

firsttime_homies1401
Facade windows are in.

Stacker doors are super heavy being double glazed.

Temp pivot door is in.

Well - they should start the bricks soon and u can get a feel of the house I think from inside once it is wrapped

We are bricked and gooped!!!!! It’s been just over 2 months since site start and we’re nearly at lock up. Shout out to our SS as so far we’ve had trades working on the house pretty much everyday.

firsttime_homies1401

We are bricked and gooped!!!!! It’s been just over 2 months since site start and we’re nearly at lock up. Shout out to our SS as so far we’ve had trades working on the house pretty much everyday.

Yes that is good progress with fixing private inspectors stuff as well.
firsttime_homies1401
Frame and slab inspection completed today. Total of 28 defects in a 37 page report. Half the items on there I wouldn’t have a clue about. Usual things like noggins cut short, nails sticking out, extra studs needed.
Got a meeting with the SS on Wednesday to go through the report and we’ll see what they try and say isn’t serious and doesn’t need to be fixed.

Did you arrange meeting with the SS to go with the report or he did?
pEast
firsttime_homies1401
Frame and slab inspection completed today. Total of 28 defects in a 37 page report. Half the items on there I wouldn’t have a clue about. Usual things like noggins cut short, nails sticking out, extra studs needed.
Got a meeting with the SS on Wednesday to go through the report and we’ll see what they try and say isn’t serious and doesn’t need to be fixed.

SS wanted to do a walk through anyway and I suggested we go over the report. We went through each item and he detailed what the fix would be.
I received an email from my admin a few days prior stating that Henley were going to fix every item on the report.
I’ve recently got photos showing the fixes as per the report. Our admin and SS are very proactive so far which makes it easier but I would definitely organise a walk through with your SS or at least attend with the inspector when they are doing the report.

firsttime_homies1401
pEast
firsttime_homies1401

SS wanted to do a walk through anyway and I suggested we go over the report. We went through each item and he detailed what the fix would be.
I received an email from my admin a few days prior stating that Henley were going to fix every item on the report.
I’ve recently got photos showing the fixes as per the report. Our admin and SS are very proactive so far which makes it easier but I would definitely organise a walk through with your SS or at least attend with the inspector when they are doing the report.

SS informed that they fix and send photos. I was present when inspector came for inspection. So hope they r also proactive like yours
Pre-Plaster report from Darbecca completed and it’s another big one. 29 defects with include a couple from the frame report that haven’t been rectified yet.
I was on site with Darbecca and had a chat. It goes to show how much I have no idea about the building process and regulations.
Yes, these inspections are costing me $2k but what they have picked up and what I have made the builder rectify far outweighs the cost.
Just a few snaps of the house, not much happening on the house.

firsttime_homies1401
Pre-Plaster report from Darbecca completed and it’s another big one. 29 defects with include a couple from the frame report that haven’t been rectified yet.
I was on site with Darbecca and had a chat. It goes to show how much I have no idea about the building process and regulations.
Yes, these inspections are costing me $2k but what they have picked up and what I have made the builder rectify far outweighs the cost.

Some of the defects will be rectified down the process. Have a chat with your SS and he will be able to advise you on this.

firsttime_homies1401

Hi first time

Have they done the rectification work as required by the pre-plaster report. It’s being a long time.
firsttime_homies1401

I can see the external vents on the bricks

pEast
firsttime_homies1401

I can see the external vents on the bricks

Your builder will probably cut into the Hebel later for the external vents. Check out your plans and they should confirm where the vents are.
I have a meeting with the SS on Monday to go through the report so hoping most of the defects are fixed.

Haven’t updated in a while but within a week we had the batts installed and the house plastered.
From the front entrance to the back of the house.

Kitchen.

Fireplace.

Kitchen.

Upstairs living.

Master.

Ensuite shower.

Front facade.

Looking good Firsttime - loving that you don't have to frost your upstairs lounge windows. Did you have to frost any windows? Our upstairs is feeling a little dark for my liking.
Rachael13
Looking good Firsttime - loving that you don't have to frost your upstairs lounge windows. Did you have to frost any windows? Our upstairs is feeling a little dark for my liking.

We were lucky we got our building permits before the council changed their position and deemed all upstairs windows facing another property had to be glazed.
We have the main road to the north and parks to the west side so no glazing and will be planting ‘skyrockets’ in the backyard to block out the South neighbour.
This is one of the reasons we chose the Aegean as it suited the block and the majority of our windows don’t face any neighbours.

Meeting with SS went well today and we reviewed the pre plaster report. Got confirmation that majority of the defects have been rectified with photos taken to prove this.
A few items will be rectified later in the build and a couple of items won’t be fixed (can’t win them all) which aren’t structural or cosmetic so no issues there.
SS has organised a meeting with the tiler so we can go through how they are planning on laying the tiles.
Brickies due back on site tomorrow to finish the first level and stairs should be in be early next week.

Bricks are all finished.

Front pillars are done.

Stairs are going in.

Your build is flying along, you must be so pleased with the progress.

Stairs are looking amazing as well. With the style of stairs that you have, do you still have the "Harry Potter" room underneath?
Rachael13
Your build is flying along, you must be so pleased with the progress.

Stairs are looking amazing as well. With the style of stairs that you have, do you still have the "Harry Potter" room underneath?

Got to give credit to our SS, he’s had trades on site nearly everyday (even during the Easter break) but he told us it’ll all start to slow down once we’re at lockup.
Yep, we’ll definitely still have the “Harry Poster” style room underneath. Other half is short and can stand straight under the first floor stairs
I have a feeling that space will be ‘the Bermuda triangle’ once stuff goes in it’ll never come out again.

Extended landing to match the Aegean 45. Good decision!

View of the landing from the front door.

Kitchen island is in.

Tower and pot drawers.

Waterproofing done.

SS has done well making sure there’s constant work on site and not having different trades all at once working over each other.
Next is the bathroom cabinets and the external cladding.

Related
3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

22/06/2023
7 Steps - For a successful building project

Renovation + Home Improvement

Following these simple steps will help you mitigate unwanted costs, have your expectations met and give…

11/07/2023
Building inspection after 90 Day Defect period

Building A New House

you need to understand the breakdown of warranties. 90 warranty is considered as minor defects rectification period where as the longer ones are more major/structural…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum