Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Glendale 39 - Metricon (Blackwood Park, SA)

Page 14 of 16
We were surprised to find a fridge water tap installed too. Our SS is brilliant- we are rushing around organising blinds and driveway as well.

We don't have a fridge water tap
kind of regret now. We don't use the ice and water dispenser but I found out while browsing many French doors of 600-700l require plumbing. So our fridge options are pretty much limited now

beac_faith
We don't have a fridge water tap
kind of regret now. We don't use the ice and water dispenser but I found out while browsing many French doors of 600-700l require plumbing. So our fridge options are pretty much limited now

We may not use the water tap, just have it there in case we need it in the future. You can add one later if you really need it but many fridges allow you to pour water in to make ice. ?
Scaffolds are down, air con duct and electrical are completed. Wondering what they are going to do next ?! ? Stairs? insulation?

Awesome stuff!! Should be insulation then plaster then stairs and cabinetry I think although some states are a little different in order

kylz4
Awesome stuff!! Should be insulation then plaster then stairs and cabinetry I think although some states are a little different in order

Thanks kylz . Nice!!!!! Can't wait to see the stairs and cabinetry? These processes shouldn't take longer than external, right?
Stairs 1 to 2 days, cabinetry the same. It's very fast!
tungfai
kylz4

Thanks kylz . Nice!!!!! Can't wait to see the stairs and cabinetry
These processes shouldn't take longer than external, right?

Definitely shouldn't but you never know lol.

Took us 7 months to get from site cut to plastering. In 1 month they have basically plastered (2 days of work before Christmas shutdown), stairs, kitchen/vanities, bathroom screening and waterproofing, painted and tiling has just finished. They are really pushing to get us finished though so may take longer than that normally. They are doing plumbing, electrical fit offs and cleaning in the next week and hoping for PCI by end feb/start march!!!

kylz4
tungfai
kylz4

Thanks kylz . Nice!!!!! Can't wait to see the stairs and cabinetry
These processes shouldn't take longer than external, right?

Definitely shouldn't but you never know lol.

Took us 7 months to get from site cut to plastering. In 1 month they have basically plastered (2 days of work before Christmas shutdown), stairs, kitchen/vanities, bathroom screening and waterproofing, painted and tiling has just finished. They are really pushing to get us finished though so may take longer than that normally. They are doing plumbing, electrical fit offs and cleaning in the next week and hoping for PCI by end feb/start march!!!

That's a lot to do though, Hope my SS will organise these as smooth as yours
Lower floor roof has been completed today, insulation has started and will be finished tomorrow.

Spotted a big kangaroo outside our house.

Wow your insulation looks so well packed! I swear the guys who did mine did such a rushed messy job =(
dulie
Wow your insulation looks so well packed! I swear the guys who did mine did such a rushed messy job =(

That's why ours is building very slowlyyy, do you inspect if they really put in insulations before wall boards on? Coz we spotted some areas are meant to have insulations but we couldn't see them in today, wall boards are now being delivered...hope they don't forget the insulations before putting up the plasterboard.
tungfai
dulie

That's why ours is building very slowlyyy, do you inspect if they really put in insulations before wall boards on? Coz we spotted some areas are meant to have insulations but we couldn't see them in today, wall boards are now being delivered...hope they don't forget the insulations before putting up the plasterboard.

Unfortunately they did it all in one day. I could see the insulation, but it didn't look as well packed as yours.
It's all looking great TF!

dulie
tungfai
dulie

Unfortunately they did it all in one day. I could see the insulation, but it didn't look as well packed as yours.

Dont worry dulie, your house looks stunning. ?
beac_faith

Thank you Beac, how's your house going, haven't seen any updates for a short while. Have you start getting quotes for driveways and footpath?
tungfai
beac_faith

Thank you Beac, how's your house going, haven't seen any updates for a short while. Have you start getting quotes for driveways and footpath?

Yeah our concreter says he's going to try to do our driveway earlier because Metricon clients take priority
we've paid a deposit for security screens and blinds yesterday. Next week we'll meet them on site for measure. There will be a 3-4 week wait until installation.

beac_faith
tungfai
beac_faith

Yeah our concreter says he's going to try to do our driveway earlier because Metricon clients take priority
we've paid a deposit for security screens and blinds yesterday. Next week we'll meet them on site for measure. There will be a 3-4 week wait until installation.

Cant imagine that's so busy in QLD!
Last Saturday, all the copper pipes and joints were being cut off and stolen. Terrible people! ?

Have spoken to SS and he sent a team to fix everything on Thursday, he told us he is going to speed up the progress and try to have insulations and gyprock up asap.

We went up yesterday, incredible speed. ceiling and wall boards are up for upper floor, very obviously he is being super annoyed by the burglar! ?
pictures

Related
13/06/2024
What are our rights with our draftsman and the completion of

Building A New House

I second taking your plans elsewhere. They're yours (unless you ended up in one of those cheaper arrangements where you don't own the rights and the build will be tendered…

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum