Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Village Square Stage 14 & 15 Edmondson Park

Page 14 of 27
Nug
Oliver1989G
Lot1432
Anyone building with Firstyle? Hoping for a smooth construction process.

Hi Lot1432,

We are building the Keswick24 with Firstyle settlement is Wednesday 23rd.

Still waiting for the title name to be chaged from King of the Nile to Anvest Holdings? Apparently this hasnt happened yet and settlement cant be officially booked in unless this has been completed so confused.

My vendor is King of the Nile and I settled last week.

Thats interesting okay we shall see what happens. Thanks.

Yeah I think we all have the same vendor - King of the Nile. My solicitor organised everything - title and settlement booking..

Oliver, we have the same builder so goodluck to us. By the way what was your lot number again? Its good to know someone I can compare notes with.

Lot1432
Yeah I think we all have the same vendor - King of the Nile. My solicitor organised everything - title and settlement booking..

Oliver, we have the same builder so goodluck to us. By the way what was your lot number again? Its good to know someone I can compare notes with.

Absoustley mate our lot is 1441... Looking forward to sharing some good tips and good to see another Firstyle homs builder in the area.

Will notify you more once settlement occurs

Anyone know when there going to start building in the area?

Oliver1989G
Lot1432
Hey guys... After settlement, we are now waiting for 149 Cert from Liverpool Council. Have you received anything yet from your builder? Is this the next process prior Construction? I hope it wont be a long wait now..

Ive been told the same thing by Warren

Hi Oliver,

I believe that next step once you get your certificate is getting the final house plan and your buildors will then submit that along with your external colours to get approved by council again ( ?). Once all that is approved construction can finally start. Yay!!

Apparently this certificate normally takes 5 working days, now it can take up to 4 weeks
Thanks aaac,

Its all about the waiting game now. All in time.
Just spoke to Liverpool council and apparently the 149 certificate could still be another 1.5 weeks wait
I've lodged it 3 weeks ago!!! Hope they can just get it done already. We waited so long to have the land registered and now we have to wait for this??? Apparently their information in their system isn't up to date and that's why it's taking so long!!! Ggrrhhhh
Hi Aaac,

Is the 149 Certificate is an application per lot or per stage? We have been waiting too long..

Lot1432
Is the 149 Certificate is an application per lot or per stage?

149 Cert's have to be issued for each build and since they would have been swamped with applications its delayed everything further
Geez! Thanks for the info everyone dissapoiting about the wait time this should have been done and dusted ready to rock and roll once settlement occurs!!!

Hopefully its this week or latest next week.

Hi All,

Congratulations to stage 14 and 15 ers on Registration. I exchanged land contract for stage 16. I'm looking to sign a contract to build my house even though my land is not registered yet, but to fix the price. Has anyone done this ? Sign a contract to build a home before your land registered? If you did , were you provided with Home Warranty Insurance certificate when you signed the contract and paid 10% deposit to the builder or were you provided the Home Warranty Insurance later? I appreciate for any advise as my builder say they will not issue Home Warranty Insurance certificate until they lodge development certificate with the council and apparently its a Industry practice. Even though he is asking me to pay 10% deposit.

I look forward for a response.
Finally!!!! Settlement effective today! Woot

askarabbas
Hi All,

I exchanged land contract for stage 16. I'm looking to sign a contract to build my house even though my land is not registered yet, but to fix the price. Has anyone done this ?

Sign a contract to build a home before your land registered?
If you did , were you provided with Home Warranty Insurance certificate when you signed the contract and paid 10% deposit to the builder or were you provided the Home Warranty Insurance later?

I appreciate for any advise as my builder say they will not issue Home Warranty Insurance certificate until they lodge development certificate with the council and apparently its a Industry practice. Even though he is asking me to pay 10% deposit.

It's standard to sign both home and land contracts when buying as a package but you only ever pay 10% on the land cost. I'm not too sure how it works with buying land and home separately but they are correct about the home warranty insurance as these is nothing to insure at this stage
jonny90
askarabbas
Hi All,

I exchanged land contract for stage 16. I'm looking to sign a contract to build my house even though my land is not registered yet, but to fix the price. Has anyone done this ?

Sign a contract to build a home before your land registered?
If you did , were you provided with Home Warranty Insurance certificate when you signed the contract and paid 10% deposit to the builder or were you provided the Home Warranty Insurance later?

I appreciate for any advise as my builder say they will not issue Home Warranty Insurance certificate until they lodge development certificate with the council and apparently its a Industry practice. Even though he is asking me to pay 10% deposit.

It's standard to sign both home and land contracts when buying as a package but you only ever pay 10% on the land cost. I'm not too sure how it works with buying land and home separately but they are correct about the home warranty insurance as these is nothing to insure at this stage

Thanks Jonny90 for the response. Yeah it make sense what the builder says. They have some limits on how many certificates they can issue at a time, i.e how many houses they can build at a time. So if they issue the certificate to the contracts which are due to register in future , it will hold up their productivity as that will limit them building the house for the land which has already been registered. Its strange though as the contract check list clearly says to have a copy of the Home Warranty Insurance certificate before you pay any money to the builder over $20,000. I guess we just need to take this risk if we wish to lock down the price and save on any future price increases.
Regardless of whether it's industry practice or not, if you call fair trading they will advise that demanding a deposit prior to issue of HOW is illegal. Not sure if rules have changed but I doubt they have.

Having said that HOW is only accessible in limited situations. Builder goes bust, dies or disappears. So you'll have to weigh up the pros and cons like you've said.
I recieved an email stating the following,

Unfortunately with Liverpool Council we have to wait for the Cert 149 to come in. As they come in the plans are started and will take up to 4 weeks for all the 12 – 14 plans to be drawn but I don’t know which 149 certificates will come in first. I will however be in contact as soon as I receive yours.

How long does it actually take? I understand that there is alot to do but its been 4 weeks going into the 5th...

Your builder didn't fast track the application?
jonny90
Your builder didn't fast track the application?

Not that i know of he didnt mention anything??

Does anyone has update from the council regarding 149 cert?
Lot1437
Does anyone has update from the council regarding 149 cert?

Heard nothing from no one!!! How long does this take geez!!!

Related
5/11/2023
Building a 39 square house in Schofields Sydney

General Discussion

No idea about the driveway question, but your price for a house that size including landscaping seems very good!

20/06/2023
Pre-construction stage- Variations taking 6+ weeks to comple

General Discussion

The fastest thing a builder will do is bank your cheque, those systems work perfectly with lightning speed, everything else is slow burn. Just the way it is.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum