Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Burbank Custom DS- 4 months post Handover !

Page 14 of 17
That's awesome mentone
Soon to move I reckon 2 weeks
I'm assuming they are doing your driveway as well? Looks like your front door still needs to be painted as well. Not far off now. Although if you've got the same old chain-smoking guy we had doing the painting it could take forever for him to finish his last bits lol Power switched on yet?
Bluesuede
Sure - here's his details:
Joe Capodicasa - Groutpro Epping - 0411 259 241

Thanks for the grout sealer contact, I shall give him a buzz today, all my wet area and flooring are all tiles.. so hopefully not to costly

Bluesuede
I'm assuming they are doing your driveway as well? Looks like your front door still needs to be painted as well. Not far off now. Although if you've got the same old chain-smoking guy we had doing the painting it could take forever for him to finish his last bits lol Power switched on yet?

Dont think our old chain-smoking guy is the painter, think it may be one of the plumbers or electrical guy????

Nope we doing own drive way, that is why I want to know a tentative PCI date
so i can book in post handover things
- Concreter
- Current house for rental
- Fencing/Gate
- Secuity doors
- Put up blinds

Electical work has all been wired, still no power to the house though ...

Things I see outstanding
- Front door / one wall of internal garage still need to be painted
- Stairs need to be painted
- Some paint patch up
- Replace showerhead
- Downlight to be installed
Mentone3850
Dont think our old chain-smoking guy is the painter, think it may be one of the plumbers or electrical guy????

When I saw your comment about the smell and the cigarette butts I wondered. We seemed to have a different painter who did the outside and this little old guy with a beard who did the inside. He never had a cigarette out of his mouth, and from the looks of the butts scattered all over the floors he went through a whole carton a day. I'm just grateful there was no more smoking once the carpets went in because they would have held the stench forever.
Hi mentone
Where are you getting
Blinds from?
Thanks
dosai22
Hi mentone
Where are you getting
Blinds from?
Thanks

Hiya Dosai22

We orgianlly got our roller blinds quotes from http://www.luxcel.com.au/products.html (costing somewhere like 7K for both first and ground floor - including palmets) .
But as my kids are still very young we thought we hold back a few years and do it ourselves. Managed to snap up great bargin from Spotlight. (they constantly have 40-60% off sales on nearly every couple of weeks)

So end us costing us less than 2k for both floors

Have tyou had any quotes for yours??? I can just imagine yours will cost more considering your building a much large house and your window seems large too
Oh wow, your house is massive and beautiful. Not long to now from the look of it.
Mentone3850
Week 29- Site Fence , sight cage and port-a-loo removed!!

Quick update for you all..

Stop by the house on the way home and notice they have removed the sight fence, sight cage and port-a-loo
+ a nice sight clean too!!!!

This must be a good sign that we wrapping up??? Anyone know???

Those previous built with Burbank how long from when they removed the temp fence before the SS calls to arrange PCI???

Abnyway, thought I snap up a couple of photo of my TO-Be home (without) sight fencing and portaloo (DAY 149 since sight scrape)

Looks a little weird without the fence (hehehe) since I started getting so use to it

Now just counting down the days to I receive the phone call from my SS

Hi! Wow you are getting there! I think you are being very patience with your SS.

Does your house feel unprotected without the fence up? Like you've just let it out into the big world? Sorry I can image I am going to feel a little weird about it too!

You are awesome getting and doing the blinds yourself! They are such a huge expense. We are going to use paper blinds Bluesuede put me into via an other thread to start off with, but I think we are just going to fork out and get them now! We are taking the approach of just let's do it and then spend the rest of our lives paying off one great big dirty bill! Haha

They still have a little to do.... If they came in tomorrow I would say you'll be moving in before you know it.... But with no date I think 2-3 away from PCI and 6 to move in...... Just guessing!

Let me know how much the quote is for the grout.... I doubt he is going to travel to SE melbourne but I would be interested to know how much he cost.

Good luck!
dsbuild
You are awesome getting and doing the blinds yourself! They are such a huge expense. We are going to use paper blinds Bluesuede put me into via an other thread to start off with, but I think we are just going to fork out and get them now! We are taking the approach of just let's do it and then spend the rest of our lives paying off one great big dirty bill! Haha

I have a recommendation for someone for blinds/drapes too if you want to get a quote from them. We had a massive amount to do (double rollers blinds and blockout drapes with pelmets + inner roller blinds) in a 44 sq house and was very happy with the deal I got.
Bluesuede
dsbuild

I have a recommendation for someone for blinds/drapes too if you want to get a quote from them. We had a massive amount to do (double rollers blinds and blockout drapes with pelmets + inner roller blinds) in a 44 sq house and was very happy with the deal I got.

Do you have anyone for retainer walls?
Hi mentone
Dollar curtains and blinds quoted me 30k
And another company 12k . But I'm leaning to DIY
Looking awesome, Mentone!
Also thinking I will get my grout colour sealed. Anyone have any idea of roughly how much it would cost to get someone in to do it?
cinquain
Also thinking I will get my grout colour sealed. Anyone have any idea of roughly how much it would cost to get someone in to do it?

Many thanks to bluesuede we got a quote from groutpro Epping for about $10 meter .. Will get them to come out check the place once I get the keys
evec
Oh wow, your house is massive and beautiful. Not long to now from the look of it.

Thank you evec .. I crossing my fingers I have Ss call me for pci appointment in 2 weeks

cinquain

Many thanks to bluesuede we got a quote from groutpro Epping for about $10 meter .. Will get them to come out check the place once I get the keys[/quote]
Week 29- Site Fence , sight cage and port-a-loo removed!!
Mon 21 Jul - Sun 19 Jul 2014 (Day 148-152)

Well well what a week it has been, we had tradies in and out of the home to fix up last minute fixtures and finally all the hired equipement (Temp Fence, Port--loo and Sight cage) have been removed.

The house looks very different (feels kidda like I am exposing it to the public)

Work of the week
- Sight clean and fill
- Temporary Fence and Port-loo removed
- Plumbing & Telephone Line Trenching
- LED downlight and External light fittings
- Stairs polish and vanished
- Internal house paint touch ups

The temporary fence and port-a loo were removed off sight on Tuesday. It sure makes a BIG difference to the house appearance. But now I am worried that it makes is so easy for just anyone to walk into the property

Also the electrician were back on sight to finish off the remainder of ground floor light fittings, also got to see a sneak peak of the partial kitchen pendant lights (only the pendant no globe as yet) Think this is just incase it gets stolen.

Kitchen Island Pendant (Partially Up)

Received a call from the Contract admin stating that windows in the master have to NOW be fully translucent because A&L windows do not do 1700mm high translucent windows and these needed to be translucent or else wont pass for occupancy permit.

Apparently due to the 3pm shadow , these windows needed to be at a minimal 1700mm translucent which we were advised need to be done in order to get the building permit approved. But now they going to be fully translucent (No more view from my bedroom)

Anyway, thought I snap up a couple of photo of my TO-Be home (without) sight fencing and portaloo

Butler Pantry Sink and Shelving

House @ DAY 152
(since sight start)
NOW with Sight Fence Removed/ Front Door Painted

Fingers cross I will receive a call from SS next week
Wow looking very very finished! Love the pendant lights. Everything looks brilliant. Can't be far off moving now!
It's looking fantastic! Seems like you're only a couple of weeks ahead of us.
Congrats, you have a beautiful home

It's amazing how it looks so different with the fence & loo gone
beautiful colours for render, they are tying in nicely with the tiles, nice selection.
congrats not long now
Related
9/05/2024
2 months old decking problems

Outdoor Living

Our external decking was only installed 2 months ago, and already moulded, with cracks, and some timber decolorated. The decking is in an exposed area, uncovered in our…

22/01/2024
Regarding Burbank Bricks

General Discussion

Hi All, Recently we have signed a contract with Burbank and we are not aware that they have just DORSET, SURREY, HAMPSHIRE, KENT, PILBARA and REDGUM bricks from PGH are…

18/02/2024
Electrical and plumbing plans post hand-over?

Building A New House

If there have been changes, variations, during construction then the drawings should be revised, the building permit amended and the current, as built drawings given to…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum