Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building in Mulgoa Rise?

Page 14 of 33
Ned410 welcome, I think we met you at our block last Friday. Yes we are the lucky recipients of the 4 truck loads of soil dumped! Seething would be a good word! Luckily wonderful Jeff has located the owners and should be fixed up ASAP! Jeff is a god sent! I think your directly across the road from us Goodlife! We are right at the end of Binyang too, right in the heart of the hangout!
Hi GVgrande96. Thanks for the welcome. Yes its us, and yes we couldn't believe our eyes when we saw the dirt on your block!! What a pain in the bum. Needless to say thats why we have enquired about fencing our block off - as we spoke about, it will move from Binyang to Bluestone we are sure once the fence comes down. We are glad to hear that Jeff has sorted it for you. We will continue to do random day & night drive bys with the police on speed dial which is sad to say, luckily we are only a few mins away to do so. Hoping for everyone that building starts and the activity of this deters the trouble makers.
So disheartening that not only having to put up with teenagers hanging and running a muck but now dishonest builders trying to pass the buck and put soil removals costs onto others, so disgusted! Good on you for your drive bys Ned410! Really hope you don't have too much trouble once the gates open.
Oh GVGrande... We saw your block yesterday and were wondering why fill had to be imported to a flat block. Very frustrating.

We received final paperwork - aside from construction plans - and we have to supply the bank letter and then go into 20 days to start construction. Hoping we can get everything to/from M by the end of the week and then we will be in the FINAL COUNTDOWN (without the long hair and glam bands)...
If you see any new tags, please take pictures. The local high schools actually keep records of them so they can identify who does it to the school.

I do regular drive by's as well. I must be bad though, because I didn't notice the dirt dump.

I got all excited today, driving up to the block and saw a work truck which looked close to my block. I thought our fence was going up, but the truck was on the cross street and was a landscaper.
Our official start date is in 10 days though.

BTW dreamhome, nothing wrong with long hair and glam bands! Hope you get it all sorted soon!
That's terrible. Dumping on your block. What a bloomin nerve. We were on Darug and Binyang on Saturday doing our weekend run around and we didn't see anything dumped. Must have happened overnight saturday. I am sorry it happened to you but as you say thank god for Jeff.
Hi GVgrande96, I guess it will get sorted out. We had a similar problem. Our neighbour's builder had dumped their soil when they started excavating. We spoke to Jeff and he sorted it out for us. He also said that one of his men takes pics of every land in mulgoa rise in every few days. So it seems they also keep a track of whts happening. So hopefully it will get sorted out for you.
Hi all,

Ned, that awful having soil dumped on your block, considering most of us have to pay for removal of excess soil for our own builds. Joe thinks that MacDonald homes has dumped concrete on our block- I'll have to have a look and see if it warrants asking them to move it.

Re security....I was sitting in my car (orange yaris) one evening and the police pulled up and wanted to know what I was doing!

Our girls will be happy with the other teenagers moving in. We have 17, 14, 13 and 11 - all girls
To all the fellow Bluestone Driver's my solicitor just advised it is all registered....woo hoo!!

Joejulesx - 4 girls wow! Hopefully some of our new neighbours have boys we have 2 aged 10 & 6
Hi twhjc2014 - you have brought tears to my very frustrated eyes!!!!!! Finally!!! I haven't heard from my legals yet but will give them a quick call now before work - Yeh Ha!!!!! The best news we have had for a while!!!! As for boys yes we have boys only- 8 & 13. Am also now going to advise AC homes and get those plans into council!!! Have a wonderful afternoon everyone
YAY finerly registered. Had the call first thing this morning from legals.

We have 2 small girls aged 6 and 3 1/2. Hope they will have some play mates also.

Any idea on school being built around corner. Time frame of opening?
GVgrande96
Ned410 welcome, I think we met you at our block last Friday. Yes we are the lucky recipients of the 4 truck loads of soil dumped! Seething would be a good word! Luckily wonderful Jeff has located the owners and should be fixed up ASAP! Jeff is a god sent! I think your directly across the road from us Goodlife! We are right at the end of Binyang too, right in the heart of the hangout!

GVgrande96 I sent you a PM... looks like we're future neighbours.
Congrats on your settlements all the Bluestone people, very exciting!
Congrats Bluestoners!
That's great Bluestoners. You must be so excited.
Excellent news for Bluestone people. In 14 days you will fully own your part of Mulgoa Rise! Congrats!!!

All of our paperwork has now been submitted so we should commence construction around the 9th April. April is an exciting month - new job and new house starting!!! Bring it on!
Dream_home93.

Are you also in bluestone? Does everything need ro go through council?

I just want to know when we will start construction after settlement of land on the 23rd march.

This is the first time we will be building and not sure how it all works exactly.
Hi Bluestone65...

No, I'm not in Bluestone. Are you definitely going through Council or are you doing Complying Development? We wasted 6 weeks in council to be told that they would not approve the house. We then changed it and went CDC. I think Council is taking just over 2 months to approve applications at the moment and then it depends on your builder. Who are you building with? It might be best to ask your builder for a guideline. We started the process in July last year and are only now starting construction. I probably haven't been much help to you.

Cheers
Dream_home93
Still waiting on my call regarding registration but hooray for it being done. We're awaiting first set of plans from builder so we're still a while away from starting. I've been going around peoples' houses with tape measure and making so many notes on what to check on plans. Also trying to figure out shadows for landscaping and house placement. What do you know, trigonometry is useful!

Congrats to other Bluestone people. I am excited to see other peoples' houses start soon.
Congrats to all Bluestoners!!
Dream_Home, you have a start date!! Exciting!!
We have been in council for 2 weeks now. I really hope we have no issues. I just want to get started!!!

VG: where abouts are you up too?
Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum