Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Arden Developments

Page 14 of 163
The prices on your quotation will remain same but on Tender if you are going to upgrade then welcome the new price
Thanks for that pEast. I thought only the base price was locked. Anyway I was going to add the cooling ducts to downstairs on tender to forgo split systems later on, but now need to have another look...
But the prices for cooling ducts r still cheaper in comparison to other builders
BLKYG
Thanks for that pEast. I thought only the base price was locked. Anyway I was going to add the cooling ducts to downstairs on tender to forgo split systems later on, but now need to have another look...

I added 2 evap ducts downstairs as well for 154 each. Had to create a cavity in one of the WIRs to accommodate that. I did my tender back in Feb.

Hi
Has anybody asked for a structural change after tender - went to tender and they said to have the cavity sliders on ground floor they had added $3403 for increasing the ceiling height - at the heat of the moment decided to then get rid of those sliding doors but now thinking over decided to have the ceiling heights raised to 2700 to keep the cavity sliding doors
Hi, we didn't change any structural item after Tender but i think they will be able to make this standard change between now and contract. People make changes until Build commences even. 2700 celling and CSD looks awesome. We have got them in our Home theatre and couple of CSD upstairs.
Where are your CSDs? Sound amazing.

What have people done with island bench in kitchen? Keep the same or extend in stone? We moved the powder room in the Votivo to between study and home theatre, means they had to extend kitchen cabinetry. I though I was going to get rid of serving bench but it's grown on me know, plus can see the kids sitting at the lower bench.

If extending in stone, how much approx?
Anyone doing Bridgehampton facade? If so, when r u building?
Ezza78
Where are your CSDs? Sound amazing.

What have people done with island bench in kitchen? Keep the same or extend in stone? We moved the powder room in the Votivo to between study and home theatre, means they had to extend kitchen cabinetry. I though I was going to get rid of serving bench but it's grown on me know, plus can see the kids sitting at the lower bench.

If extending in stone, how much approx?

I dont think we will extend. Looks a good length already and i like how the breakfast bar breaks up the look.

How many led lights did you guys end up having in yours? The beaument display has 53 of them!

Hi geminithinker,

Haven't done electrical yet, we are early stages of intial drafting but because we've been through this once already with another builder, moving pretty quick.

Prob can't afford anymore lights though! Ha ha
our CSD are at Home theatre , Master WIR and Ensuite for another Bedroom upstair. we had it laundry but removed later as there was no space saving.

We end up having 66 LED lights even though we had some batens in WIR. 10K for whole electrical upgrades. plenty of external outlets in all four directions including garden lights, water pump and backyard junction boxes and flood lights. Much easier and cheaper to do it right at first place. I like their electrical work, they did the work and seperate quality check folk came and corrected the points and defects. I key learning was to make sure every double point, TV or any other outlet, keep the hight of the point noted down. For example , i wanted my TV wall mount power point to be at height of 1500 but they gave it at 600mm height as per design. So make sure after colour selection, during your last 30-60 mins of electrical selection, you note down and clearly verify the location of point.
gopalc
our CSD are at Home theatre , Master WIR and Ensuite for another Bedroom upstair. we had it laundry but removed later as there was no space saving.

We end up having 66 LED lights even though we had some batens in WIR. 10K for whole electrical upgrades. plenty of external outlets in all four directions including garden lights, water pump and backyard junction boxes and flood lights. Much easier and cheaper to do it right at first place. I like their electrical work, they did the work and seperate quality check folk came and corrected the points and defects. I key learning was to make sure every double point, TV or any other outlet, keep the hight of the point noted down. For example , i wanted my TV wall mount power point to be at height of 1500 but they gave it at 600mm height as per design. So make sure after colour selection, during your last 30-60 mins of electrical selection, you note down and clearly verify the location of point.

Good advice thanks. Hopefully remember whe i get to it! Will be driving an hr to checkout the toulouse in person. Will get a better idea of how many leds we nees then. Didnt even think about outside lights so thx!

geminithinker
gopalc

Good advice thanks. Hopefully remember whe i get to it! Will be driving an hr to checkout the toulouse in person. Will get a better idea of how many leds we nees then. Didnt even think about outside lights so thx!

Did anyone add a shower to powder room downstairs? We need to for long term planning for my mum, just wondered if it's ok without a window in there, without natural light?

Did anyone add a shower to powder room downstairs? We need to for long term planning for my mum, just wondered if it's ok without a window in there, without natural light? [/quote]

Hi Ezza,

We did, but and made sire the room had 3 downlights to ensure sufficient lighting.
Thanks Jeetna,

Is your house built yet? Can't remember.

We are Waiting for plans to come back to go to estimating. Hope it's not too much more than quote!

We've got all our best light on the right hand side of house which has no windows - just hope there is enough natural light. We do have two long sliding doors at end of house but it will be covered by roofline over a deck.

Might add a door to ensuite in master, keep thinking about it.

Happy Friday everyone!
Ezza78
geminithinker
gopalc

Did anyone add a shower to powder room downstairs? We need to for long term planning for my mum, just wondered if it's ok without a window in there, without natural light?

I added a small window
PEast, where did you add the window? I am worried about light. Cheers Erika
Has anyone done a timber deck instead of alfresco? Would you mind sharing how much per square metre? Our quote came back with Hardie product instead of timber for deck which is not what we wanted. Wondering how much more it would be?

Has anyone taken up the colourbond roof promotion? Just found out it doesn't include the sarking, anyone know how much extra it will be?

I upgraded to Colourbond. Sarking was around $1100 from memory

Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum