Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Burbank Lukin 2800 - 10 Months On!

Page 14 of 16
Hamilton23
Love the house numbers and the couches look great in your place! lol I was also really excited about getting bins!

You've got me thinking about large house numbers now too!

Thanks Hamilton23

Those numbers are pretty cool!
We got them from bunnings but we didnt realise how much they were until we got to the register, they were $70 each lol
LMcNish89
Furniture looks awesome, just sayin'.

Thanks Laura!
Hopefully we get a BBQ soon and we can have some people over

Here is one of the bed too

Oh, by the way Bluesuede - when you go sign over at settlement, there will be a surprise gift for you - not telling you what though :p
nickvee
Oh, by the way Bluesuede - when you go sign over at settlement, there will be a surprise gift for you - not telling you what though :p

If its a connected phone line that would be awesome... lol

Telstra tell me today there is a blanket ban on any work to those sorts of pits, has been in place for 5 months, and no eta for the ban being lifted. Maybe I'll get a connection in a few years..? lol

But seriously... Tell me tell me tell me!
Dam - What's the NBN rollout looking like in your area? haha

No
Our surprise was ruined because we had friends who had recently settled and the whole time i was sitting there thinking "I wonder what's in the box??" (it was in the meeting room right next to us whilst signing)..
nickvee
Dam - What's the NBN rollout looking like in your area? haha

Ha. If the new government continues it then it is currently "within 3 years". If they go the halfarsed fibre/copper mix then the pit still has to be fixed first. So who knows!

nickvee
No
Our surprise was ruined because we had friends who had recently settled and the whole time i was sitting there thinking "I wonder what's in the box??" (it was in the meeting room right next to us whilst signing)..

Fine. lol I guess we will just have to wait and see next week. Hopefully it's a live in French maid.
Bluesuede
Fine. lol I guess we will just have to wait and see next week. Hopefully it's a live in French maid.

Hahaha that works for Telstra?
Congrats on moving in. Looks great enjoy your new home
Well I'm glad you didn't spoil the surprise nickvee - the new stainless steel French door fridge with a big red bow on it in the kitchen at handover was awesome!!!!
What the! All we got was a coffee machine!!!
Btw congrats on handover haha
nickvee
What the! All we got was a coffee machine!!!

Mwahahaha... Hook, line and sinker
that's for not telling me!

Yes we got a coffee machine too.

lol
Dam so you were just pulling leg?? Didn't think Burbank were that generous lol
nickvee
Dam so you were just pulling leg?? Didn't think Burbank were that generous lol

Yup

Well I guess really we've paid for the gift, but anyway it was nice to get something. Getting to walk into the house for the first time without feeling like we were breaking in was good too!
So, was tasked with a little job - Basically we had an old bed and two side tables that didn't really suit with our house.
Instead of spending some $$$ we thought it would be a good idea to refurbish it.

All up it cost:
- $88 for an orbital sander
- $20 for a clear finish
- $5 for a paint brush

I think it came up pretty good, the photo doesn't really do it justice, it looks much lighter in real life!

Before:

After:

Looks really good, good job!
Well done nickvee - looks great
fabulous job, they look great!
Hi everyone!

Long time no post!
Thank you all for the kind messages re the bed..It came out great!!

I hope everyone is going well in their new houses (well for the people who have moved in)

Just thought i would post a status update of some things we did around the house over the weekend.

Firstly, we dug out the front yard about 200mm and replaced the crappy clay soil with some botanical blend soil.
That clay stuff is horrible btw, so hard to dig through!!

Here are some before and after pics:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

We are also working on the back yard now. We moved in 10 cubic meters of soil and still need another 4! haha
Fun for tommorow

Also, we scored a huge bargain on a rug from Plush! The rug was originally $900, reduced to $190!!

Looking great nickvee!

I'm yet to tackle the outdoors side of things. Not looking forward to it! Instead I've been busy doing lots of stuff inside - putting up shelves and books, unpacking, mounting my guitars in my study/music room, and painting painting painting... ugh...
Related
9/05/2024
2 months old decking problems

Outdoor Living

Our external decking was only installed 2 months ago, and already moulded, with cracks, and some timber decolorated. The decking is in an exposed area, uncovered in our…

22/01/2024
Regarding Burbank Bricks

General Discussion

Hi All, Recently we have signed a contract with Burbank and we are not aware that they have just DORSET, SURREY, HAMPSHIRE, KENT, PILBARA and REDGUM bricks from PGH are…

13/06/2024
What are our rights with our draftsman and the completion of

Building A New House

I second taking your plans elsewhere. They're yours (unless you ended up in one of those cheaper arrangements where you don't own the rights and the build will be tendered…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum