Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The Range Estate - Croydon.....Anyone else Building there?

Page 14 of 61
Thanks Eskay for the update. Saves us a trip to see 'a big fat nothing', as Amz puts it. Lots 106, 107, 108 are looking great with all the progress. Wonder how 108 are going with final inspections?

Wasn't sure if the block across from you was going to be single or double storey. Slab and frame sure went up quick though. The block opposite us is going to be single storey but their block is in a worse state than ours with the sludge still preventing much prep work. Met the owners early in the year and hope their troubles with design guides has been overcome.

Good luck with the next steps to your approval.

DGM
Hi All,

We drove through the estate this weekend and there is plenty of activity.

Our place has slowed down a little this week. Our tiler has been delayed so is not due to start until Thursday now. Our electrical and heating fit off is all complete now and we have a garage door which was a nice surprise!

Maddie - No I don't work for Croydon SDS so that must have been someone else's van parked out the front of our place. Saw your frame on the weekend, it's looking great! You must be very excited! It doesn't take long from frame stage to lock up, you'll notice big changes every week.

Dandav - We have used the company "Concept Blinds" in Eltham. My husband's brother and parents had used them before and found them to be very good and well priced.

DGM - Our inspections have gone well so far. No major issues to report...yet...touch wood!
We think move in date has been delayed a little, hopefully we'll find out this week but at this stage our final inspection is still probably 4 weeks away. Hopefully the weather clears up over the next week so your slab can be laid. You must be getting so frustrated...but once the slab is laid everything will happen really quickly and you will have plenty to look at every weekend.

Eskay - BBQ at our place sounds good...you'll all have to remember to bring your gumboots though!!!
How are things going with you? If you received no objections to your site coverage what is the next step for you? Hope it all goes well.

Amz & Sean - You're house is looking great! Surely your tradies will be back in action soon. It must be so frustrating to have seen no progress recently.

Looking forward to meeting you all in person in the near future.

JL
Hi everyone!

I just got my approvals and permit! Building should start within a week! Finally!
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

Fantastic News. Wow, start in a week, brilliant. keep us up to date with the build?

SK
Thanks SK! will keep everyone up to date with when action starts:)

How are things going on your side?
Hi Folks,

Next baby step taken. Finished the 14 day advertising period on requesting a change on the restrictions to title. I had to have a stat dec signed and witnessed to state that I had left a sign up for 14 days minimum - which was last Friday. Went to the local constabulary, signed and stamped and then straight over to Council offices to submit! All Good. I thought I'd push my luck and ask to see the planning dude that is running with my application. Out he comes - very nice bloke! Had a good chat and he feels that it is just red tape now and might be all completed in 4 WEEKS!! Very happy

Especially as my first contacts with council planning had been just so full of negativity, this has been a breathe of fresh air. It still has to go to the planning committee so I know someone in there is opposed to changes but with No objections received and the planner in charge of the submission ready to recommend approval, I hope it is just a red tape affair. He said we'd know in about 4 weeks!

Keep those fingers and toes crossed!!

SK
By the way....
dgm and NBJL, just wanted to check what you got back for your soil report and site costs? Was it a P type slab recommendation? Thanks.

SK
Hi everybody,

Yesterday we rocked up to the house to see all the insulation in and the weatherboard almost all up and the porch decked!!! yay!!! MOVEMENT!! I was very impressed....

Also as I was driving out it looked like bid trucks on 110 or 111 might have even been 109?? hmmm whos waiting for big trucks? maybe they were just parked there but it might be a good idea to drop by tonight to see if it your block that has had some movement too.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help it is a little confused remembering where everybody is lol.

I hope everything works out Eskay with the red tape and a speedy response is headed your way.

See everybody soon Ummm Laneyz what type of house are you building? I wana look it up on the web? Never heard of this builder.

Good luck everybody.
NBJL, thanks for the blinds contact.
Its only 17days until we sogn of on our house contract.. so fingers crossed theses no variations we need to make
We popped up tot he estate on Sunday and its great to see the gutters being done on stage 3. Hurry up and lay the road!! I want to see our block!!

Not sure if anyone is interested but the website below is a good look at the estate from satilitte. It gets update every few weeks/months so you can see what the place looked like before hand and now with all the building works

http://www.nearmap.com/

Can't wait to start building!!
Dandav
boonnem
Hi everyone!

I just got my approvals and permit! Building should start within a week! Finally!

Congrats Boonnem...that's fantastic!! Hopefully everything progresses smoothly from here, and that, unlike some others, you're able to have your slab laid soon.

As for us, we had our first batch of bricks delivered today!!!! Can't wait to start seeing them going up.

Good luck everyone,
Maddie
dandav
NBJL, thanks for the blinds contact.
Its only 17days until we sogn of on our house contract.. so fingers crossed theses no variations we need to make
We popped up tot he estate on Sunday and its great to see the gutters being done on stage 3. Hurry up and lay the road!! I want to see our block!!

Not sure if anyone is interested but the website below is a good look at the estate from satilitte. It gets update every few weeks/months so you can see what the place looked like before hand and now with all the building works

http://www.nearmap.com/

Can't wait to start building!!
Dandav

Hi Dandav - spoke to the Estate on Monday, and they said roads are looking to be laid in the next fortnight, and Stage 3 will definately title in September, so we are very excited! We have just submitted our plans for Design Approval so hopefully we get a response soon from Australand shortly (hopefully not too many changes).

We are wanting to start building asap after Settlement as we are currently renting and hating it. Fingers crossed we can get Council to agree to allow us to remove the 2 trees on our lot though.

Good luck with your Contract signing - we have made so many variations since we signed our house contract. We keep looking at things that other ppl have done, and go 'thats a great idea, lets do it' hehe
Hi Guys, just a quick up date for those who bought on Stage 3, Evergreen Release (Lots 301 to 305 and lots 316 to 321). Copy answer from the developer . . " Estimated completion and registration of plan of subdivision of stage 3 Croydon is now mid December...".

I am so desperate to start building our home!!!!!... but at least 2011 will see with the building starting!!!!

Cheers to everyone.

Nat
Seems to be a huge mismatch between what they sent you Nat and what xdc is being told. Australand just don't seem to have their $h!t together. Sorry guys...

SK
Eskay40
Seems to be a huge mismatch between what they sent you Nat and what xdc is being told. Australand just don't seem to have their $h!t together. Sorry guys...

SK

Eskay, there are one stage 3, but 2 releases as far as I know. Xdc bought Stage 3, Parkland I think is call in December. So xdc release will be ready before the Evergreen release. I went to the Estate and that part (Parkland release) is almost ready but our there is no sign of work yet.

Cheers, Nat
oops, sorry, didn't know that... Stage 1 all came out as one release.
this is soo frustrating! I spoke to Australand today and they asked for our lot number (we are in the parklands release) and I was given the date MID DEC but the sales office is still saying September. Crazy miscommunication.
Apparently our project manager/supervisor is suppose to be giving stake holders a letter soon with an update.
We just wat to start building!!!
dandav
::angry:: this is soo frustrating! I spoke to Australand today and they asked for our lot number (we are in the parklands release) and I was given the date MID DEC but the sales office is still saying September. Crazy miscommunication.
Apparently our project manager/supervisor is suppose to be giving stake holders a letter soon with an update.
We just wat to start building!!!

Dandav, which is you lot#? As far as I know, the parkland release is going to be ready soon. The one that is delay is the Evergreen release.

Hopefully is a misunderstanding.

Cheers, Nat
OK, so what your all saying is that part of stage 3 is delayed until December???? My hubby and I bought in stage 8!! We were hoping to get titles in jan-feb next year! looks like that wont be happening.
. Who do you guys mostly contact for release information?

Also, can someone explain planning permits to me? Our building contract states that the owners, us, need to get the planning permit but not the building permit, but without a title i didnt think we could get any permits? did anyone get planning permits before titles?

By the way, just got our final plans off the builder and i am very impressed with Boutique Homes standard inclusions, recommend them to everybody, only have to add 2 power points and move some drawers!
Nezza
OK, so what your all saying is that part of stage 3 is delayed until December???? My hubby and I bought in stage 8!! We were hoping to get titles in jan-feb next year! looks like that wont be happening.
. Who do you guys mostly contact for release information?

Also, can someone explain planning permits to me? Our building contract states that the owners, us, need to get the planning permit but not the building permit, but without a title i didnt think we could get any permits? did anyone get planning permits before titles?

By the way, just got our final plans off the builder and i am very impressed with Boutique Homes standard inclusions, recommend them to everybody, only have to add 2 power points and move some drawers!

Hi Nezza,

The person you need to contact is Mervin Chetty in Australand I don't have his direct phone number but you can try to get him in Phone 8562 2000.

I have no idea about the planning permits, Simonds which is the company we are going to build with is doing everything.

About the delays are really annoying our release Evergreen was supposed to be ready in August... and now we are expecting to be mid December if everything goes right.. finger cross!!!!.

Keep us update with your release. Good luck,

Nat
Boonnem,
Congratulations on the build approval. Hopefully you'll have more luck with getting your slab up than we have.

Eskay,
Our soil report did result in a P type slab recommendation. The upgrade from Class M to P cost us about $8k.

Amzandsean,
Thanks for alerting us to the trucks. Drove by today and unfortunately nothing on ours or neighbouring blocks. However, noticed 2 more blocks on Norris cct (Lots 104 & 105?) have been excavated so that's probably who the trucks were for.

Stage 3 Folk,
Sorry to hear about the confusion. Can't say I am surprised. Their communication has been haphazard at best. Hopefully you can get some answers soon.
Related
24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum