Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Liberty 42 - Help on colour choice!

Page 14 of 14
Hi nicecurse,
Good to see someone else building a Liberty in Qld. Steel frame was around 20k extra but to me it was worth every penny...I hate termites and with the steel frame every wall in the house is perfectly straight. At the time the steel frame gave me a "free upgrade" to colorbond roof which was worth around 5k at the time. I think they have a special on the steel frames atm?

The outdoor room is called "The Grand Outdoor Room" - was an option on the old sc display house I stumbled across. It's 42 m2 and is really awesome if you have the space.

The plantation facade protects the front upstairs and downstairs bedrooms from the heat so totally worth it also.
Thank you so much for your reply.. the Plantation facade it is! By the way can you please tell me what the litlte rectangle areas on the plan of the upstairs are? There seem to be 4 of them, 2 near robes, one near the linen cupboard and one behind the ensuite shower. We havent gone to contract yet, so only have the plans as per Metricon website. Are there any changes you would make, after living in the house for a while? Many thanks.
Hi NiceNurse,

I think you're referring to the niche's. On the plan there is 4. We took the one next to the stairs out and put a door there instead to make use of the area under the stairs (totally worth it!!!). I'm not good at decorating so ours are lacking fancy things to sit on them atm.

I'm super happy with the house and the small changes we made. Only change I might consider is whether to rework the powder room to have a shower but on the other hand it's nice to have a fancy washroom for visitors (and clients as we work from home).
Hey
Where did you get the decking from, are they plastic like the front? Who was your contractor if any?
Is that the brushed or smooth decking? It looks very nice! I mentioned using this type of stuff to our builder instead of the pine reed decking on the plan (which he advised me against due to maintenance and wear) and he said it didn't look nice... but your photos have given me faith and i'm off to look at some close up this weekend. Gorgeous! Huge outdoor area too, I thought ours was massive at something like 5 x 6 but yours makes me want to go bigger LOL. I assume the deck lighting it little LED lights? I like the roof too, goes to show you can have a nice roof without having to line it.... what lights did you use in it?
I got the front decking form Hudson's and the back from Mitre 10 (same stuff just bought it from different places).
There's a bunch of different brands but the modwood looks the most real..most people don't know it's plastic till I tell them.
Side lights are LED and the outdoor room downlights are CFLs.
Sorry to bug you again, is it the smooth or brushed?
I guess you could call it brushed. It's got a texture..made to look/feel like timber
Thanking
I just saw smooth n brushed on the link you provided. Yours looked so shmick I thought it was smooth (something our sundeck won't handle). You just saved hubby a fortune in wood lookalike tiling so Ty Ty Ty!
Thinking my front is a bit plain and the way to fix that is to make the front 3 pillars not cream. Not sure what colour to do..please help with suggestions!

- Change to the same green as the fence, garage, cladding?
- Some other colour?

This may sound terrible but how about usig a different material, for example something to match the front deck?
Not sure about green ON the house.
Stackstone would be lovely! Even just the bottom part of each column would really "dress it up".
OMG, I LOVE your house!!!!!

I have just scrolled through all 14 pages looking at your pics. You have such a stunning home - it really is beautiful.

If it was me I wouldn't change a thing to your facade - it's looks perfect!!! But if you particularly want something different, I agree with kb46 and go for stackstone. How classy would that look!!
WOW stunning - Love the dinosaur!!!!
Hi Nightshade

I have just been looking through your thread and OH MY GOD - you house looks so beautiful!!! it's stunning!

Would you mind telling me what colour you rendered your house??

Also, I'd love to see photos of your completed bathrooms. The tiles you have used are exactly what i'm think of.... gorgeous!!!

Thanks and congrats!!!

Mel
Thanks all for the nice comments.
We've had the keys for 11 months now, I'll have to do some anniversay pics soon!

Mel - The render is Paperbark (colorbond colour)
I like the way ur front looks. No need to change anything. But as Kb suggested stackstones will look great too.

I was going to ask about the render colour...and then saw ur comment above...same as ours...looks great
Hi all.
I am wondering how much extra did people who ended up building with MOJO ended up paying on top of the tender price? I understand that this is highly dependent on the mychoice selection etc.
Related
28/01/2024
Need urgent help regarding facade colour combination please

Building A New House

Thank you @. Tried to play with the facade models but the exact colour is not matching up.

26/02/2024
Need help on wall colour selection

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, we have classic cream gutters, fascia’s, roller door and undercover carport. We are are going to paint the roof a terracotta orange colour. After some…

22/05/2024
Colour help for facade

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi all, I'm new here 🙂 We are going to get out tiled roof repainted and gutters, downpipes and facias redone as well. We are going to do the roof in monument and the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum