Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 129 of 778
Ah k
Who left lol
Here are some photos. Hopefully this works!

Slab

Frame

Back Alfresco

Bricks, Roof

1sttimebuilding2012
We got a massive delivery today... Cement, sand and pallets and pallets of bricks! Hoping some bricks get laid tomorrow!

How exciting! Hopefully the rain stays away next week so that they can start on your bricking next week!

Bax27
Ok first hiccup - our tender appointment got cancelled for Monday - only had it booked from the beginning of December - seems our paperwork will not be ready until end of next week - hmmmm not a good start.

How frustrating. But it is better to have all paper work done properly before construction as once you reach construction it will be hard to change anything (or cost you an arm or leg to raise a construction variation).

cjf191
FYI - One of the CSO's has left EB, so may see some slight delays while things get reassigned and picked up by other CSO's.

I'm also curious to know who it was....
KP
I can't believe some of you have been so unlucky with Kitchen Culture

We had Alex, she was lovely. They were the last people we heard from. We heard from her after sending her an email to see when we should expect our PCV/plans - she said a week from the day we got her email but ended up completing everything the same day. We didn't have a lot of things to add, so hopefully we were an easy job for her
As long as they put the right stone colour on, everything else will be taken off after handover and changed to drawers/overheads/nicer colours than standard.
cjf191
FYI - One of the CSO's has left EB, so may see some slight delays while things get reassigned and picked up by other CSO's.

KP
Ha! Of course it would be the one we were dealing with. We found out last week that the registration of our land may be delayed by TWO MONTHS because there has been a delay with the water in our stage. Naturally we panicked, because we were supposed to start our build by April 30. We emailed our now previous CSO and she said they need 2 months to complete the admin side of things (Anyone know what that means? We have done everything we can think of. Our plans have been submitted to Oran Park, and we even bought some of the plants for our garden! I don't know what takes two months to complete!?) As we might then go over our 'six months from signing' we are worried there may be extra charges. KP said it would be up to her boss, basically. So hopefully they go easy on us, because as far as I'm aware, we are ready to go, three months out from out original start date. Plus now we have a wedding to plan and I don't want to be throwing more money away.
Cody Drysdale

We had Alex, she was lovely. They were the last people we heard from. We heard from her after sending her an email to see when we should expect our PCV/plans - she said a week from the day we got her email but ended up completing everything the same day. We didn't have a lot of things to add, so hopefully we were an easy job for her
As long as they put the right stone colour on, everything else will be taken off after handover and changed to drawers/overheads/nicer colours than standard.

Did you get a drawing (3D?) of the kitchen plan?
cjf191
Cody Drysdale

Did you get a drawing (3D?) of the kitchen plan?

Yes, you do and the bathrooms & laundry (if changes made)
Baulkham Hills
Here are some photos. Hopefully this works!

Slab

Frame

Back Alfresco

Bricks, Roof

What size is your alfresco?
benblinkau The back alfresco is about 8.3m long by 3m wide. We had it added on to the design of the house and asked that the slab be extended to include it. The roof line was extended so the the alfresco is covered.
Baulkham Hills
benblinkau The back alfresco is about 8.3m long by 3m wide. We had it added on to the design of the house and asked that the slab be extended to include it. The roof line was extended so the the alfresco is covered.

Yeh we did the same..

15k for a 3.4 x 11.55 alfresco on the slab, under main roof. You cant go wrong! Its a way cheaper option than putting a pergola on after..
Bax27
Ok first hiccup - our tender appointment got cancelled for Monday - only had it booked from the beginning of December - seems our paperwork will not be ready until end of next week - hmmmm not a good start.

How frustrating. But it is better to have all paper work done properly before construction as once you reach construction it will be hard to change anything (or cost you an arm or leg to raise a construction variation).

cjf191

Yes it is frustrating and actually does suit us in the end, we are just finalising our contract for the land and the finance so better to have that in place before we give EB any money. Should have that all sorted tomorrow, the contract for land was supposed to come out in Dec/Jan but only got it last week of Jan -and finance was supposed to be finalised last week but the valuation only came through on Thurs - so they said Monday - only good thing is the land originally was going to be ready May/June but because they had a lot of action with it before Christmas they ended up combining it with Stage H -so H & I now being done together which is great for us
- but we need to EB organised otherwise it will mean nothing.
Also we are in Newcastle so appt is still with the same person - don't think the person leaving in Sydney would effect us- and originally they wanted our appt 16th Jan - so think they may have forgotten us!!!
We are putting alfresco on too - 7m x 3.5m - we priced one with Stratco and it was cheaper to get done now with EB, plus it is always that little bit better if under the main roof - did it with our home in Brissy - ended up that builder took our plans and made them the standard plan for that house the following year!!! but we are building the Lawson 24+ which suits us well - don't need the real big house anymore, but love the open living.
For anyone building in Newcastle - who is the Brick supplier - PGH or Austral? I have enjoyed looking at everyone's blog
- has helped us heaps with getting ready to make the decisions and as we both have pretty full on jobs, time is limited.
Hi bax we choose from PGH when we did ours.

Went for a sticky at our place this morning and all the tiling is done and shower screens and mirrors also in
Only the carpet, driveway and wardrobe fitouts left i think. Hopefully i might get a date this week and i'll chuck some pics up a bit later.
Hi Welby,
How exciting - hope the rain goes so you can get the driveway done - pavers or concrete??
We are going for concrete(not sure if stamped or coloured )- (seen nice coloured one in Chisholm I like) - we will have to put extra driveway in as we have side access and we have a 24ft caravan that needs to go down the side - house has been built to accommodate this - we go away every month for a weekend - our relief from busy working life.
The holiday once a month sounds nice Bax, we went for the concrete aswell. I was worried about the pavers moving after a few years.
Here's a few pics of my place from today. Some of the colours look a bit off due to the camera screwing up the white balance.

Ensuite

Kitchen

Alfresco with pain in the a$$ cut and retaining i have to do in the background

Main Bathroom
Hey Welby, have u got a list of your colours on here already?
I love your pics cos it helps me with what mine will look like!:-)
Bax27
Bax27

cjf191

Yes it is frustrating and actually does suit us in the end, we are just finalising our contract for the land and the finance so better to have that in place before we give EB any money. Should have that all sorted tomorrow, the contract for land was supposed to come out in Dec/Jan but only got it last week of Jan -and finance was supposed to be finalised last week but the valuation only came through on Thurs - so they said Monday - only good thing is the land originally was going to be ready May/June but because they had a lot of action with it before Christmas they ended up combining it with Stage H -so H & I now being done together which is great for us
Also we are in Newcastle so appt is still with the same person - don't think the person leaving in Sydney would effect us- and originally they wanted our appt 16th Jan - so think they may have forgotten us!!!
We are putting alfresco on too - 7m x 3.5m - we priced one with Stratco and it was cheaper to get done now with EB, plus it is always that little bit better if under the main roof - did it with our home in Brissy - ended up that builder took our plans and made them the standard plan for that house the following year!!! but we are building the Lawson 24+ which suits us well - don't need the real big house anymore, but love the open living.
For anyone building in Newcastle - who is the Brick supplier - PGH or Austral? I have enjoyed looking at everyone's blog
- has helped us heaps with getting ready to make the decisions and as we both have pretty full on jobs, time is limited.

PGH for the bricks..

We went with mocha!
Bax27
Bax27

cjf191

And the PGH display centre is in east maitland, not far from waterford county
Quote:
For anyone building in Newcastle - who is the Brick supplier - PGH or Austral?

It is PGH. I don't know what other people thought but I wasn't too happy with the standard range - needed to upgrade. I was actually quite unhappy with the selcetions and thougt they were very poor. I thought that some of the others (eg tiles) had a better range.

What does everyone else think?
Yeah i agree Dearheart. We were going to settle with standard but in the end it was only $450 to upgrade to espresso ...so we did. Have they changed the standard range recently?
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum