Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building in Brooks Reach - Community Thread

Page 128 of 221
Hi everyone.
Just wondering how long roughly has it taken anyone from lockup stage to final handover?

Cheers
Hi,

My house was locked up on 27 jan and I got the keys on 6 march - but it depends on how ho you are building with...
I now know where the numbers are thanks Nat. Hopefully it's a lot sooner than the 4 weeks for you guys.

Hi Wiz we swapped the study and the theatre around and we got rid of that media station. The internal garage door now opens up into the study. We did this so we could push the front half of the house over so I can put our boat next to the garage. We also got rid of the 2 seperate WIR in the master bedroom and put in 1 big WIR and our master suite has a 1.8 opening so it looks all open. Also our pantry ended up getting extended out when the theatre got pushed over so now the pantry is like 4m long by nearly 2m wide. Way to big if you ask me but a lot of people are telling us we will still fill it easily lol.
Welcome Jason+Jelissa your house is coming along nicely been watching the progress. Bet you can't wait for it to be finished.

Hope it all Goes well
Thanks James+Ash yes can't wait. I need to have a chat to you about your fence. Just how you went about it because I would also like to mount it on top of the retaining wall

Cheers
Jason+Jelissa
I now know where the numbers are thanks Nat. Hopefully it's a lot sooner than the 4 weeks for you guys.

Hi Wiz we swapped the study and the theatre around and we got rid of that media station. The internal garage door now opens up into the study. We did this so we could push the front half of the house over so I can put our boat next to the garage. We also got rid of the 2 seperate WIR in the master bedroom and put in 1 big WIR and our master suite has a 1.8 opening so it looks all open. Also our pantry ended up getting extended out when the theatre got pushed over so now the pantry is like 4m long by nearly 2m wide. Way to big if you ask me but a lot of people are telling us we will still fill it easily lol.

Sounds fabulous! Can't wait to see some pics once you move in.
Jason+Jelissa
now the pantry is like 4m long by nearly 2m wide. Way to big if you ask me but a lot of people are telling us we will still fill it easily lol.

This is the first house I've had with a walk-in pantry and I love it - but it could be bigger! (or maybe I just need to have fewer kitchen gadgets).
Hi Jason and jelissa welcome to the forum.
We had a drive past your house today. It looks awesome. We are building the verdelho jazz with BH. What facarde did you choose. It looks so nice.
We are building in stage 10 but will be move down there first into our sons house which is also BH in stage 7a. His slab has just been laid today. We were wondering how long has it taken for your house to get to lock up. From when your slab got poured.
Jason+Jelissa welcome to the forum!

Debbie that's great about the slab!
Thanks rob Debbie and natlyn.

Debbie it is the Pavillion 3. That's great about your sons slab hopefully yours isn't to far behind. The Verdelho series seems very popular with beechwood at the moment. I quite like them aswell very well designed. From when the slab was poured it has taken roughly 2 months to get to where it is now.
Jason+Jelissa
Thanks rob Debbie and natlyn.

Debbie it is the Pavillion 3. That's great about your sons slab hopefully yours isn't to far behind. The Verdelho series seems very popular with beechwood at the moment. I quite like them aswell very well designed. From when the slab was poured it has taken roughly 2 months to get to where it is now.

Thank you for answering all my questions. We are really hoping we can be in our sons house by July at the very latest. So this now seems very doable. It's just all so exciting. We went for a walk around the estate lSt night and everyone is just so friendly. The houses look amazing and are all coming along very quickly.
Hi all,

Has anyone seen trucks dumping soil at the top of Polsson Street in the last week. If so can you please let me know. Lot 925 to be exact.

Cheers
Bricks nearing completion!

Chris_Symphony
Hi all,

Has anyone seen trucks dumping soil at the top of Polsson street in the last week. If so can you please let me know. Lot 925 to be exact.

Cheers

Hi I saw trucks dumping soil yesterday at the first lot on the left behind the beechwood thought it was a bit strange they were coming from the lot that got levelled next to the two story on the right I'm guessing
looking good Dime
Cheers James I thought it came from there and they had no right to be illegally dumping there.
Your house is looking great dime. I love the front. Can't wait till we are up to this stage.
Where abouts are you dime. I'm sure I saw your place the other day when we had a walk around the estate.
Chris_Symphony
Cheers James I thought it came from there and they had no right to be illegally dumping there.

Seriously, they just dumped soil on your lot? That is unbelievable that someone would actually do that. Especially a big truck, that is so blatant! It's a worry and I will definitely be even more vigilant now.
Thanks Joh + Lach!

Thanks Debbiejo! It's lot 915 on Wholahan Ave, just west of the roundabout.
I found out what had happened. I called the site supervisor this morning and let him know what had happened and straight away he knew what went wrong. It was suppose to go to the lot next door which is also a Metricon site and he was very apologetic. The truck driver had the wrong lot number and they will sort it out today.

Thanks James for your info it helped to sort it out .

Cheers all
Related
22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum